Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Convertible Won't Go Down. Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 12:18 PM
ItzYaBoyBugZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Convertible Won't Go Down. Please Help!

First & foremost i'd like to thank you for having me on your Forum. It is an honor to be a 350Z Owner! ThankZ for your hospitality in advance!

I have done my due diligence attempting to solve this problem on my own via forums/ google etc Yet I'm still quite baffled & would truly appreciated experienced input!

Vehicle= 2006 Nissan 350Z Convertible w/t Leather/ Heated Seats etc Auto with 137xxx Mi (Strong Engine/ No Leaks) No Mechanical Issues (Inspected by Nissan themselves!)

I took the car to the Stealership here in Tampa, FL they quoted me nearly 10 thousand dollars to replace the convertible top and "Electronic Control Module"
*I have found top & module online (Ebay) Top = roughly $500.00 and Control Module "Small One" = $65.00 , "Large One" = Roughly 200 bucks!
Wow that sure beats the 10k the dealership quoted me! The weather strips leak & the top has small rips/ tears and will need replaced eventually. There is a mildew/ mold smell!

However before I pull the trigger & order electronic control module on Ebay I figured i'd jump on here and ask the Z pros/ experts because it could be the 5th bow motor?!!?
*I have read that motor has been the issue & resolves 75% of this issue in these vehicles (It looks like someone may have attempted to get it out etc)

The reason why i'm leaning toward it being a 5th bow motor issue is because when I put foot on brake and hit the top button, the windows & pass seat move just fine
Then the back lid/ latch and or bow/ trunk pops open, unlatches, then all you hear is clicking and the "back" of the convertible top wont lift up or move @ all
That is the bow motor correct? If it was convertible top module then when I hit button nothing would happen @ all correct? Are they the same thing ECM & 5th Bow?

My goal = get the top to go down, and enjoy car and worry about replacement of actually top later. I got the car from a wholesale lot, paid 3850 for it, 3500 cash
I still owe around 350 on it. It has aftermarket wheels/ intake and exhaust. It is nice I love it. I had it serviced by Nissan, alignment and oil change
They tell me if I get top to go down ive made a great deal. Please someone help me, I work a lot and don't have the money to order the wrong parts or time etc

Thank you in advance for all your help!!! Hope I didn't somehow offend a thread troll by not finding answer myself before posting. Trust me I have done my research!