Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2003 350z rusty wheel arches...again

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2023, 11:16 AM
blloyd

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 350z rusty wheel arches...again

Hi all, hope you're doing well, a long while since i've been on the forum. I'm unfortunately here on somewhat of a cry for help.

I've been battling rust on my wheel arches for some years now and last time I had some arise I had my bodywork pal replace a whole bunch of metal, now inevitably i've got some rust come back in spots a couple years later.

My aim is to keep the car original and try and keep it in good shape despite it being stored outdoor all year around and exposed to the elements. Hence the rust.

I'm looking for some replacement wheel arches that can be used to replace the old ones, all round I guess, but i'll take what I can at this point, think my bodywork man just wants to reduce the amount he has to repair and try and get the crap cut out for some nice clean replacements.

Any tips on any I can buy would be much appreciated!

On a slight side note, and sorry to digress on this thread...I'd love some replacement headlights that look or are original, i've had the fogging on the front lenses coming back every few months for years now and they have been buffed up a bunch of times! I've seen some aftermarket ones that aren't bad from DEPO, but i'd still like some good refurbs or replacement OEM's if such a thing exist.

Thanks in advance for any help or information, you guys on this forum have always been awesome.

Ben
Old 09-25-2023, 04:47 AM
Heel Til I Die

Received 1,067 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by blloyd
Hi all, hope you're doing well, a long while since i've been on the forum. I'm unfortunately here on somewhat of a cry for help.

I've been battling rust on my wheel arches for some years now and last time I had some arise I had my bodywork pal replace a whole bunch of metal, now inevitably i've got some rust come back in spots a couple years later.

My aim is to keep the car original and try and keep it in good shape despite it being stored outdoor all year around and exposed to the elements. Hence the rust.

I'm looking for some replacement wheel arches that can be used to replace the old ones, all round I guess, but i'll take what I can at this point, think my bodywork man just wants to reduce the amount he has to repair and try and get the crap cut out for some nice clean replacements.

Any tips on any I can buy would be much appreciated!

On a slight side note, and sorry to digress on this thread...I'd love some replacement headlights that look or are original, i've had the fogging on the front lenses coming back every few months for years now and they have been buffed up a bunch of times! I've seen some aftermarket ones that aren't bad from DEPO, but i'd still like some good refurbs or replacement OEM's if such a thing exist.

Thanks in advance for any help or information, you guys on this forum have always been awesome.

Ben
Not sure where the rust is located, but your best bet for the fronts would be to source some new front fenders and install. As far as the rear fenders or quarter panels, replacement is not quite as easy. They will need to be cut and then welded - definitely not a bolt-on procedure.

With respect to headlights, if you're not trying to break the bank on some OEM replacements, the DEPO are probably the closest to OEM. Not sure what year you have, but the 06+ are also an upgrade from the 03-05 HID reflector-style.