Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

need quick help....spoiler installation

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2004 | 01:26 PM
fuzion

Default need quick help....spoiler installation

just got my nismo spoiler today and am debating whether or not to do it myself.

anyone know how to remove that plastic guard under the rear hatch? i was thinking of just taking a flat head and prying it off but dont want to damage anything.

there a set way to do this or just brute force? thanks.
Old 03-05-2004 | 04:48 PM
bigdaddy

you just have to pry it off. there are lots of plastic clips around the edge of it holding it in. it will scare you to do at first, but you will see that it works fine. i'm not sure i even needed a screw driver to do it, just wedged the fingers under and started pulling.

as far as the wing install goes...it's really not that hard. if you got the plastic mounting guides with the wing, be sure to use those. just take your time making sure the wing is in the right place, secure the guides, remove the wing, mark the hole positions using the guides, and start drilling.

if you didn't get the plastic guides, i would recommed making a template out of carboard or something you can put under the wing while lining it up, and leave it there to mark the hole positions.

all told, i installed my in 30 min. that included about 15 min. of moving the wing very slightly over and over to try to nail it's position.

good luck.

sean
Old 03-05-2004 | 07:32 PM
fuzion

awesome thanks man. after i posted that i went out to play with it. got scared (as you said) just pulling with force so i stopped. was kinda rainy today so i guess ill just have to wait till it clears up a bit. cant wait to put this thing on! placed it on top of the other one and man did it look hot.

=)))