Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting

Evo-R Z4 Review of sorts

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2004 | 05:58 AM
silverstoneTT

Thumbs up Evo-R Z4 Review of sorts

Finally got the lights in yesterday with a friend. Have to say that I am extremely happy with them. They look completely stock in amber and just add something to the Z when looking at it from afar at night.

Thanks to everyone who answered all my dumb question, especially Andy at Evo and Ares. It really was a LOT easier than I expected.

I opted to wire mine to the parking lights because I figured that since they wont be visible in the day, they would get limited exposure if I only had them to blink. Thought having them on all the time would look ricey but it really doesnt. I was prepared to go back and undo the work and wire to the blinkers if it did but didnt end up having to.

I took some pictures but the night was crappy and I was in a rush so they came out horribly. Will take more later for others to see.

Only complaint I would have is that the part where the two LEDs met seems extremely delicate, like any movement on the cable would cause them to separate. Also, I messed by putting the tape on when the instructions say. You should put the tap on both sides of the ring before doing all the other work. The first side I did Im a little unhappy how uneven the placement of the tape ring is... oh well. Just be careful when doing it.

(Andy, any chance I could get two more rings of that double sided tape? Would really like to redo the first side I did.)

Otherwise, great product and very good service. Would definetly suggest you look into a set.
Old 03-06-2004 | 08:14 AM
350z-z33

Smile

Glad you like them!

As for another set of double sided tape I'll have to see, because as you know each idividual Z4 is in its own "sealed" package and we don't really have any extra tapes. But I'll figure something out for you, thanks!
Old 03-07-2004 | 07:09 PM
dimitri

tt im glad it worked out for u...i forgot to email u those directions