Sponsored by:

Window tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2004, 07:43 AM
aalzuhair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Window tint

Hi all,

The search does not work... I just would like to know how much does it cost to tint a Z? Down here V-Kool gave me an estimate of around $600 to do the whole car front, back and hatch.

And yah, does anyone know a good online tint company.

Thanks,
Az
Old 04-04-2004, 07:50 AM
mofoz

holy **** thats a rip. A great job would be around $250 at the most. Get as far away from that place as possible.
Old 04-04-2004, 08:15 AM
spdu4ia

WTF! seriously? wow i payed $180 20% all the way around
Old 04-04-2004, 09:14 AM
aalzuhair

It was all about the "V-Kool" and he gave me some BS about how good it is, and I said yahhhhhhhhhh see yah...

But then I said, the last time I tined a car was long time back, maybe prices did change, but then again not $600 ... The last car I tined was a Jeep Grand Cherokee at the whole car was for around $200 and they did a good job...

And now I want the best for my Z and thought that "V-Kool" stuff cold be the best ... Do you guys know of any online place that I could something like a good grade tint from.

Thanks,
Az
Old 04-04-2004, 10:05 AM
tiswicked

f*uk "V-Kool" for $600, you can get 3M for $200 or less with a lifetime warranty. IMO 3M is the best, very reputable
Old 04-04-2004, 10:16 AM
peterhong

You guys gotta remember, this guy is posting from Saudi Arabia and I assume by whole car, you mean the front window as well right?? But still, in the states, it shouldn't be more than $250 including the front window for the higest quality tint. I paid $90 for my rear three windows only.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:20 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

tinting in Miami is pretty inexpensive compared to what people pay everywhere else. i paid 120 to get the driver and passenger window 15% and the rear quarters and rear window in 5%. and that was going to a really good tint place.

Rajiv
Old 04-04-2004, 02:12 PM
aalzuhair

The whole car does not include the front window, its illegal down here to do the fronts.

I think after hearing for all of you guys, I will just go with 3M.

Thanks,
Az
Old 04-04-2004, 05:31 PM
babi350zgurl

definitely a rip.. only $120 for 5% all the way around

b a b i
Old 04-04-2004, 09:45 PM
MotiCarmona

Holly Crap , $600?!? lol , i got mine for 130 with life time warrenty , well thats my price , but it was in Los-Angeles and the job was amazing here are few pics
Attached Thumbnails Window tint-campic152.jpg  
Old 04-04-2004, 09:46 PM
MotiCarmona

by the way i got 20 on the front sides and 5 on the rear sides and rear window
Attached Thumbnails Window tint-campic17.jpg  
Old 04-04-2004, 10:45 PM
vice86

600.00?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

CRIPES. Guy did my windows for 175.00. Back and small sides are 5%, driver and passenger are 20%
Old 04-05-2004, 06:53 AM
Iezzi

I am a professional window tinter in PA. $250 is a more then fair price for a quality tint job on a 350Z. As for 3M being the best, that is debatable. I use Llumar automotive window film, it is the best of the best and only true professional tint shops can get this film. All of you who buy illegal tint from tint shops are not getting a professional job. A true professional tint shop will not install illegal tint on your car. Check to see if you can see cut lines on your rear window, look for contamination between the glass and the film, water bubbles, and little dots around the edges of the glass. All of these things can be found on almost all cheap tint installs. If you find this type of work acceptable then you should go somewhere where they charge $120 for all windows. If you want a professional job I would suggest you call around, and look at the work that comes out of the shop before you have anything installed.
Old 04-05-2004, 11:26 AM
lascala26

Accurate Window Tinting in Dover, DE..... charge $120 for a complete tint job with a lifetime warranty on the work. This means no bubbles or contamination between the glass. I have seen the 3 Zs, including mine, which were completed there. The work is first rate. They are also responsible for tinting all of the C-5s on the Air Force Base.
Old 04-06-2004, 09:42 PM
Dissolved

Originally posted by lascala26
Accurate Window Tinting in Dover, DE..... charge $120 for a complete tint job with a lifetime warranty on the work. This means no bubbles or contamination between the glass. I have seen the 3 Zs, including mine, which were completed there. The work is first rate. They are also responsible for tinting all of the C-5s on the Air Force Base.
bump on that. Thats where I got mine done. came out great! Love it
Old 04-14-2004, 05:31 AM
Iezzi

Listed below are Delaware tint laws, Accurate Window Tinting in Dover, DE installed illegal film on you car. If you get pulled over for that 20% on your driver side and passenger side windows please tell the cops where you got it done so these hack shops get fined for not following state laws.

Delaware

Delaware

Visor....................as1

Front doors..............70%

Rear doors.................Any

Back window.................Any

316.2952 Windshields; requirements; restrictions. ---

(1) A windshield in a fixed and upright position, which windshield is equipped with safety glazing as required by federal safety-glazing material standards, is required on every motor vehicle which is operated on the public highways, roads, and streets, except on a motorcycle or implement of husbandry.

(2) A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street with any sign, sunscreening material, product, or covering attached to, or located in or upon, the windshield, except the following:

(a) A certificate or other paper required to be displayed by law.

(b) Sunscreening material along a strip at the top of the windshield, so long as such material is transparent and does not encroach upon the driver's direct forward viewing area as more particularly described and defined in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards Nos. 205 and 128 as the AS/1 portion of the windshield.

(c) A device, issued by a governmental entity as defined in s. 334.03, or its designee, for the purpose of electronic toll payments.

(3) The windshield on every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a device for cleaning rain, snow, or other moisture from the windshield, which device shall be constructed as to be controlled or operated by the driver of the vehicle.

(4) Every windshield wiper upon a motor vehicle shall be maintained in good working order.

(5) Grove equipment, including "goats," "highlift-goats," grove chemical supply tanks, fertilizer distributors, fruit-loading equipment, and electric-powered vehicles regulated under the provisions of s. 316.267, are exempt from the requirements of this section. However, such electric-powered vehicles shall have a windscreen approved by the department sufficient to give protection from wind, rain, or insects, and such windscreen shall be in place whenever the vehicle is operated on the public roads and highways.

History: s. 1, ch. 84-296; s. 15, ch. 93-164.

316.2953 Side windows; restrictions on sunscreening material. ---
A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street on which vehicle the side wings and side windows on either side forward of or adjacent to the operator's seat are composed of, covered by, or treated with any sunscreening material or other product or covering which has the effect of making the window nontransparent or which would alter the window's color, increase its reflectivity, or reduce its light transmittance, except as expressly permitted by this section. A sunscreening material is authorized for such windows if, when applied to and tested on the glass of such windows on the specific motor vehicle, the material has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 25 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 28 percent in the visible light range.
Old 04-14-2004, 05:37 AM
Dissolved

Originally posted by dkent2
Listed below are Delaware tint laws, Accurate Window Tinting in Dover, DE installed illegal film on you car. If you get pulled over for that 20% on your driver side and passenger side windows please tell the cops where you got it done so these hack shops get fined for not following state laws.

Delaware

Delaware

Visor....................as1

Front doors..............70%

Rear doors.................Any

Back window.................Any

316.2952 Windshields; requirements; restrictions. ---

(1) A windshield in a fixed and upright position, which windshield is equipped with safety glazing as required by federal safety-glazing material standards, is required on every motor vehicle which is operated on the public highways, roads, and streets, except on a motorcycle or implement of husbandry.

(2) A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street with any sign, sunscreening material, product, or covering attached to, or located in or upon, the windshield, except the following:

(a) A certificate or other paper required to be displayed by law.

(b) Sunscreening material along a strip at the top of the windshield, so long as such material is transparent and does not encroach upon the driver's direct forward viewing area as more particularly described and defined in Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards Nos. 205 and 128 as the AS/1 portion of the windshield.

(c) A device, issued by a governmental entity as defined in s. 334.03, or its designee, for the purpose of electronic toll payments.

(3) The windshield on every motor vehicle shall be equipped with a device for cleaning rain, snow, or other moisture from the windshield, which device shall be constructed as to be controlled or operated by the driver of the vehicle.

(4) Every windshield wiper upon a motor vehicle shall be maintained in good working order.

(5) Grove equipment, including "goats," "highlift-goats," grove chemical supply tanks, fertilizer distributors, fruit-loading equipment, and electric-powered vehicles regulated under the provisions of s. 316.267, are exempt from the requirements of this section. However, such electric-powered vehicles shall have a windscreen approved by the department sufficient to give protection from wind, rain, or insects, and such windscreen shall be in place whenever the vehicle is operated on the public roads and highways.

History: s. 1, ch. 84-296; s. 15, ch. 93-164.

316.2953 Side windows; restrictions on sunscreening material. ---
A person shall not operate any motor vehicle on any public highway, road, or street on which vehicle the side wings and side windows on either side forward of or adjacent to the operator's seat are composed of, covered by, or treated with any sunscreening material or other product or covering which has the effect of making the window nontransparent or which would alter the window's color, increase its reflectivity, or reduce its light transmittance, except as expressly permitted by this section. A sunscreening material is authorized for such windows if, when applied to and tested on the glass of such windows on the specific motor vehicle, the material has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 25 percent as measured on the nonfilm side and a light transmittance of at least 28 percent in the visible light range.
Actually I have a dr's note, so it isnt illegal. I'm going to go darker once I get some more $$$ to blow They are definitely not a hack shop. Best work I have ever seen. I've had a lot of tint jobs done over the years too. They use lumar film as well. You'll be at the Z meet in a few weeks right? You can see for yourself

Last edited by Dissolved; 04-14-2004 at 05:43 AM.
Old 04-14-2004, 06:42 AM
ares
Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

600 might be fair in saudi arabia, I doubt anyone here knows one way or the other.

all about supply and demand, is he the only window tint place in the country?

I wouldnt do it yourself, thats bound to fail even with good materials, but I would try to get that price atleast in half and get lumar or 3m.

I dont think the whole, reputable shop wont install illegal tint, thing. my shop was pretty reputable, 170$ lumar or 3m I cant remember, life time gaurentee, perfect cuts, absolutely no seams or bubbles. and 20%/5%.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:31 AM
pearl430
Banned

go down to Tijuana , they can tint ur window while u waited to get back to the border for $50

all the tequila u can drink also...j/kkkkkkkkk

dont drink and drive okay
Old 04-14-2004, 07:33 AM
Reggi914

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got my bmw tinted for less than 300 and it looks top notch. $600 is way too much.

Quick Reply: Window tint