Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TOP SECRET Widebody Pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2004, 10:29 PM
SizongZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hm... gonna have to take a look at that dvd again...
Old 05-03-2004, 06:28 AM
phile

If that kit was ~3500 bucks, i'd prolly get it. Once you get a widebody kit you have to adjus the wheels so they come to the edges of the fenders right? What exactly needs to be done?
Old 05-03-2004, 08:47 AM
Mr B

I'm sure if it was 3500, everyone would get it. Now who wants a kit that everyone else has?
Well, to say the very least, you would need to find correct offsets for new wheels. Since the Z is already a very low offset car, you might have to use spacers or have custom wheels made cuz each side is going to be 50mm wider.
Old 05-03-2004, 09:36 AM
ZRAYGO

Default Q&A

pm sent...
Old 05-03-2004, 11:07 AM
phile

Originally posted by Mr B
I'm sure if it was 3500, everyone would get it. Now who wants a kit that everyone else has?
Well, to say the very least, you would need to find correct offsets for new wheels. Since the Z is already a very low offset car, you might have to use spacers or have custom wheels made cuz each side is going to be 50mm wider.
Well given the fact that you might need custom wheels made would definitely discoourage many people. So if the kit was at $3500 I don't necessarily think everyone would have it (not to mention the paint job would be very costly). How many Z's out of the thousands that are produced even mod their car at all? A very tiny percentage.

What does Top Secret charge for the kit in Japan? That's the real question. Because if they charge a more reasonable price, then apparently everyone in Japan has the Top Secret kit right?

By saying that it needs a high price for exclusivity, and asking "who wants a car everyone else has" is actually absurd. We all own Z's. If we wanted true exclusivity, we wouldn't have picked a high production sports car like the Z. Not to mention you're actually alienating all your moderately priced body kits by saying the price is low that everyone is going to have them.

You might want to rethink your excuse for why the price is so high

Last edited by phile; 05-03-2004 at 11:13 AM.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:36 PM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

The price of the widebodykit reflects the cost of design artists, research, developement, production, and materials.

BTW, This car was built/tuned by Top Secret as well. Here are some shots of the initial stages...
Attached Thumbnails TOP SECRET Widebody Pics-wbz1.jpg  

Last edited by topsecret2001; 05-03-2004 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-03-2004, 12:37 PM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

Seam welded, custom roll cage, etc. It's much more than just a pretty car
Attached Thumbnails TOP SECRET Widebody Pics-wbz2.jpg  
Old 05-03-2004, 12:40 PM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

the RB in these pictures was used to test-fit....the one in the Ogura Racing Clutch vehicle is a total custom tuned/built engine by Top Secret.
Attached Thumbnails TOP SECRET Widebody Pics-wbz3.jpg  
Old 05-03-2004, 02:24 PM
350Now

As previously stated WOW... very very very nice...
Old 05-03-2004, 03:45 PM
35oZephyR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by phile
Well given the fact that you might need custom wheels made would definitely discoourage many people. So if the kit was at $3500 I don't necessarily think everyone would have it (not to mention the paint job would be very costly). How many Z's out of the thousands that are produced even mod their car at all? A very tiny percentage.

What does Top Secret charge for the kit in Japan? That's the real question. Because if they charge a more reasonable price, then apparently everyone in Japan has the Top Secret kit right?

By saying that it needs a high price for exclusivity, and asking "who wants a car everyone else has" is actually absurd. We all own Z's. If we wanted true exclusivity, we wouldn't have picked a high production sports car like the Z. Not to mention you're actually alienating all your moderately priced body kits by saying the price is low that everyone is going to have them.

You might want to rethink your excuse for why the price is so high
I bet Mr. B was probably referring to the tuner market/ demograph.

Just look at the widebody Veilside. You'll see more than a couple of those set-ups out here in the cali car show circuit and that kit is what? upwards of 4 g's?? or more?.

I'm guessing this Top Secret widebody kit is well beyond 5 thousand dollars. I can be sure that the pricing wasn't meant to guarantee its exclusivity. Theres alot to be alligned and configured when you're dealing with such massive pieces of automotive bodywork.
Old 05-03-2004, 03:58 PM
garaget

The RB26dett z33 is actually built by TopSecret for Dart Izumi.. that guys with the gold hair and beard with the black helmet running around the drift track. Normally he drives that gold jza70 with the pick-up truck like rear.

my 2 cents.
Old 05-03-2004, 04:34 PM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

Originally posted by garaget
The RB26dett z33 is actually built by TopSecret for Dart Izumi..
Dart Izumi is the driver for ORC...and yes, as I already said, we built the car...
Old 05-03-2004, 06:19 PM
phile

The price from bulletproof is higher because of import costs. I asked how much the kit is in Japan in US dollars. I was curious because I want to see how much the mark-up is. Of course, you didn't answer that question though.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:46 AM
iklim

well, here is the price in Japan.
i looked it up, cuz i want that kit too.
its about $4500 in usd.
i do too think it's a bit over priced.
im not saying Bulletproof's pricing is too high, but this kit compared to other kits have too much difference btween original price and imported price.
Old 05-04-2004, 05:11 AM
Traffic

Originally posted by iklim
its about $4500 in usd.
im not saying Bulletproof's pricing is too high, but this kit compared to other kits have too much difference btween original price and imported price.
That price doesn't seem right. What was the yen price and where did you find that price?
Old 05-04-2004, 05:43 AM
phile

Originally posted by iklim
its about $4500 in usd.
Yeah, and keep in mind that's $4500 USD retail, NOT wholesale.
Which makes their margin even more ridiculous. Who knows, maybe the import costs are like $1000 pff
Old 05-04-2004, 06:08 AM
Traffic

Originally posted by phile
Yeah, and keep in mind that's $4500 USD retail, NOT wholesale.
Which makes their margin even more ridiculous. Who knows, maybe the import costs are like $1000 pff
Then don't buy it. Don't get like the guys at evolutionm.net. All they do is bash vendors and think everything is too expensive Seems like you almost have a personal crusade against Bulletproof?
Old 05-04-2004, 10:40 AM
topsecret2001
Sponsor
Bulletproof Automotive

The main office in Japan has instructed us to raise prices in the U.S. and we have done so accordingly.
Old 05-04-2004, 12:20 PM
phile

Originally posted by topsecret2001
The main office in Japan has instructed us to raise prices in the U.S. and we have done so accordingly.
Yeah, that's nice. But unless the Japan office told the US distributors that the kit has to retail at $5700, it doesn't necessarily explain why bulletproof's price is so high.

Originally posted by Traffic
Then don't buy it. Don't get like the guys at evolutionm.net. All they do is bash vendors and think everything is too expensive Seems like you almost have a personal crusade against Bulletproof?
Your post is misguided and exaggerated. Not once have I "bashed" bulletproof. Bashing Bulletproof would involve name calling and assault (go look up the word bash). I'm making valid points, and asking honest questions. I thought Bulletproof's prices were marked up higher than a reasonable amount IMO. That is why I have been questioning them. In order to satisfy my personal curiosity. If you call that a crusade, then I call you stupid. I'm sick of having to defend myself against stupidity. From now on, if I don't answer a post, it means I think you're stupid.

When it comes to certain issues, I can never get a well presented and well thought out logical answer. Instead I get vague answers that gloss over my actual questions/points. And god forbid I make more than one logical point, or ask more than one question in one post. Seems like no one can handle that. It always ends up being stretched across multiple posts.

Last edited by phile; 05-04-2004 at 12:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:37 PM
Mr B

Yen price is $480,000 and the Yen is stronger this year than last so you can't just subtract two zeros and say it's $4,800. Another reason for a raise in price is shipping and customs and taxes. I dunno what your deal is phile, but have we offended you in some how? $5700 is already lower than what Japan wants us to mark as our "retail" and what we will never sell above.
Also, if our prices are too high, we will try our best to match a competitor's advertised price.

Quick Reply: TOP SECRET Widebody Pics