Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lumar Clear Bra

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 06:05 PM
cyclopz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lumar Clear Bra

I found a guy near me that installs the Lumar clear bra. Has anyone had the Lumar bra installed on their car? How do you like it?

From what I've read it's supposed to be clearer and smoother than the 3M brand. Any input??
Old 05-11-2004, 09:04 PM
rbaggett1

I've had the Llumar clear bra on my car for quite a while now. I absolutely think it's the best investment that I made on the car so far. I'm sure many of you have experienced the dreaded paint chips on your front bumper and hood. It would drive me nuts just to look at the car and see it everywhere. Then finally one day I decided to repaint the front bumper and hood (along with filling in the dimples for the license plate frame). Before doing this, I went to a shop that did tint and clear bras. After reading a few posts here and there, I decided to go with the 3M clear bra. I walked in determined to get a price and drop some cash, but as luck would have it; the owner was present in the shop. I asked him about 3M, and he was sort of hesitant of selling it to me. He walked me out to his Corvette and showed me all the products he had on his car. He had 3M, Llumar, and some other product (that I can't remember). He said that the 3M & the other brand (which I don't know) yellowed over time. He said he had the 3M on his car a little over a year, and it already going. The other stuff wasn't on as long and it was going as well. He told me that he was going to replace all the clear bras to Llumar as soon as he got the chance, but for now he was using it to inform the customer. He had it on the front & back bumper, hood, side mirror, and roof of his car.

I think it'll be a year in July since I had it installed, and all I can say is it's saved my car from being chipped so many times. Also make sure it's a precut kit. I've heard horror stories of bad razor blading jobs.
Old 05-11-2004, 09:08 PM
mgl

i also have the llumar clear bra on my front bumper and v1 lip. so far so good. no more rock chips
Old 05-12-2004, 01:41 PM
cyclopz

Great!! Thanks, The precut kit has been ordered today. I should have it installed next week. I'll post back when it's done.