Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

U.S. Spec NISMO bodykits

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2004, 05:23 PM
MSGarrett1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default U.S. Spec NISMO bodykits

OK, recently Jason or Jeff from Performance Nissan posted that they have removed the NISMO replica kits from their website, b/c they have seen actual pictures of the real McCoy. This hints that Performance Nissan anticipates availability of the U.S.-spec NISMO bodykits in the near future. Come on . . . Jason or Jeff, let us know what you know. I want a date . . . though I know I'll be disappointed when that date comes and goes.
Old 05-28-2004, 07:16 PM
Jason@Performance
Sponsor
Performance Nissan

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we have been expecting these kits "NEXT MONTH" for the last 8 months now from NISMO...

they are coming sooner then they were before...
Old 05-28-2004, 08:39 PM
BrickydZ

Default To Jeff's defense, and not Nismo's

MSGarrett1,

With no disrespect to you, I dont think that is what exactly what Jeff meant, when he made those comments and the website was changed.

I would bet that Nismo came down on them and asked why they were advertising a cheap imposter product. It is one thing to sell a quality products from other known vendors like stillen, borla etc which is just healthy competititon and personal choice.

But Replicas whether they be Nismo or Rolex are still a knockoff and in most cases that I have heard of, are of substantially inferior quality.

I dont think that Jeff will ever be able to state exactly what happened, but I am inclined to cut them some slack.

I hate waiting on the Nismo kits, so much I broke down and got a replica wing this week. I would much rather have paid more for the real thing than the get a cheap knockoff. But Nismo didnt want my money or they would not have waited a year + to get their act together.

We keep hearing that Nismo has problems with their production of these and they keep working on them. What ever the reason they are losing money, every day they dont have a product to sell.

It may well be that this has less to do with production than it does with JDM distribution contracts, of exclusivity of product, than bad production molds. If the molds work good for the JDM kits , why cant they increase production of the Japanes molds and ship them.

And if the only thing holding back the US versions are the front lip, which wont work, why not release the other parts of the kit.

No, None of the double talk from Nismo adds up to me and god knows when they will get these out.

Just a few thoughts.

Take care MSGarrett1.
Cliff Nix
Old 05-29-2004, 06:20 PM
MSGarrett1

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll wait a little longer, but if the U.S. spec kits aren't out by the end of Summer, I'm buying a replica or a J-spec one.
Old 05-30-2004, 12:53 PM
BrickydZ

I'm with ya.

I am looking into these myself.

I will remember to post a review of my new replica nismo wing.

The vendor has 2100 positive feedback sales on ebay. I spoke to him three times on the phone and he convinced me that they "know" fiberglass, and sell 750 a year, most of them painted.

Since they use the same companies, over and over, they know where the defects are in the molds , and can really concentrate on those spots. Supposedly they have sold 5 Nismo replica wings in the last month, and have had no negative comments.

Plus they have been around for 4 years on ebay, have a regular auto trim company in NY, and give a limited 5 year warranty on the paint.

Dont know if this will be the best option ever or the best snow job ever.

I will let everyone know.
Take Care
Cliff