Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRS Autdesign Kit and Painted Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2004, 09:18 PM
SQUILL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Allright why does this 350Z have a mustache??? Come on BRS how does all the time and effort to build and market a widebody kit turn into that?

You made the rear fender way to tall and big around the rear wheel opening this is why the wheels look so tiny on the car.

Seriously what is the function of the push bar thingy on the front bumper ??? We are very performance orientated here and this FU MAN CHU front lip of urs serves no purpose aerodynamicaly.

There are some of us here that only care about show as well but i think this kit fails to deliver in this respect as well.

I seriously think this kit needs a redegign and i am fighting with all my might not to break out PhotoShop on this foul looking monstrosity you have brought to life.

Please for the love of god redesign this kit i cant see anybody that would prefer this kit to the Veilside V3 widebody kit which would probably be ur main competetor.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:37 PM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

everything but the front is ok.

you guys need to buy Race Car Aerodynamics by Joseph Katz-

elongated nose, extended front splitter.. front notch toward inner wheel well ala indy style..

how about this??
Attached Thumbnails BRS Autdesign Kit and Painted Car-newnose.jpg  
Old 06-24-2004, 09:38 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i really like the front fender, the mild looking side skirts are nice too

the rear looks too tacked on rather than a smooth flowing line.
Old 06-24-2004, 09:57 PM
twenzel

wtf?

Old 06-24-2004, 10:26 PM
SQUILL

wow i just re read what i wrote and man i have to say i am a giant As$hole!!!! I like the front fender....
Old 06-24-2004, 10:57 PM
iLLestJrz

Old 06-24-2004, 11:45 PM
joust75

I am not a fan of the non functional side vents onthe front fenders either. VERY ricey
Old 06-25-2004, 12:06 AM
SQUILL

sorry i always wonderd what a few hunderd of these things would look like

Last edited by SQUILL; 06-25-2004 at 12:10 AM.
Old 06-25-2004, 06:39 AM
Midus
Banned

Perhaps they should have asked us BEFORE it got to the final product phase..
What a waste of time and efforts...The only thing I halfway like is the fenders...
Old 06-25-2004, 09:04 AM
Resolute

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The front looks just like a car I once built out of Lego pieces. I didn't like it then either. So I subjected it to a horrible accident. I think you should do the same.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:58 AM
SQUILL

Originally posted by Resolute
The front looks just like a car I once built out of Lego pieces. I didn't like it then either. So I subjected it to a horrible accident. I think you should do the same.
ROFLMAO!!
Old 06-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Midus
Banned

Seriously guys,WTF were you thinking when you designed that kit??Must have been a bad ACID trip the night that was put on the drawing board...

I think we chased them off guys...
Old 06-25-2004, 04:16 PM
zand02max
350Z-holic

Put on some snow tires and you got yourself a snow plow!

Old 06-25-2004, 08:26 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

jeez you all guys are harsh.

this crowd will eat you up.
Old 06-25-2004, 09:35 PM
andypandy

i really like the kit. it's prettty simple looking with a hint of aggressiveness.

the front carbon fiber blocks should be used as a front lip/splitter.. makes the front look cleaner imho.

front fender design is great. it's nice and round just like for the z. the vents are a classic among many sports coupes.. like the vette and the late FD 7.

the side skirts are my favorite... it's just clean and elongated to accomodate the fenders. definite thumbs up.

the rear fenders are in their appropriate size, however i think they stick out a bit too much. how much wider is the kit from the stock width? the rivets make the car look a bit like a science project, however it does add some character. i think you guys should design a fender where you can screw from the inside of the fender and attack with a double sided tape lined with styrofoam at the tip of the arch for added support... just my 2 cents.

the kit should have a rear bumper as well... should be kept clean just like how you designed it. the fender arches also make the wheels a bit too small... honestly, those wheels look 18". try lowering the arch and shrinking the gap more.

raise the side skirts up a bit, so it's not too low onto the ground.

overall, i think this kit is great... not perfect, but it's on top of my list atm. kudos! now if there was one for the g35 coupe.........
Old 06-25-2004, 09:41 PM
rodH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by andypandy
i really like the kit. it's prettty simple looking with a hint of aggressiveness.

the front carbon fiber blocks should be used as a front lip/splitter.. makes the front look cleaner imho.

front fender design is great. it's nice and round just like for the z. the vents are a classic among many sports coupes.. like the vette and the late FD 7.

the side skirts are my favorite... it's just clean and elongated to accomodate the fenders. definite thumbs up.

the rear fenders are in their appropriate size, however i think they stick out a bit too much. how much wider is the kit from the stock width? the rivets make the car look a bit like a science project, however it does add some character. i think you guys should design a fender where you can screw from the inside of the fender and attack with a double sided tape lined with styrofoam at the tip of the arch for added support... just my 2 cents.

the kit should have a rear bumper as well... should be kept clean just like how you designed it. the fender arches also make the wheels a bit too small... honestly, those wheels look 18". try lowering the arch and shrinking the gap more.

raise the side skirts up a bit, so it's not too low onto the ground.

overall, i think this kit is great... not perfect, but it's on top of my list atm. kudos! now if there was one for the g35 coupe.........
come back when you are sober, I think you might get a kick out of what you wrote. Maybe you can hurry and add a HUGE "TIC" to it at the end?
Old 06-25-2004, 09:58 PM
Stailey

Im Mr. Plow Thats My Name......
Old 06-25-2004, 10:02 PM
SQUILL

Originally posted by rodH
come back when you are sober, I think you might get a kick out of what you wrote. Maybe you can hurry and add a HUGE "TIC" to it at the end?
OMFG! Hahhahahahahahaha HAHAH AH AHa hahahha HAHAA too funny!
Old 06-25-2004, 10:19 PM
Red6

I think with a few adjustments you could have a hit.

The side skirts are great. Its just the the rear fender doesn't flow well with the sides. Also the rear fender lines needs to be adjusted to flow with the rear valence.

The front side fender scoop looks out of place because the lines should go down further. I would take the out all together it will look better.

The front bumper has good lines but the is blocky lip looks out of place. The blocky front needs to be taken out (the bumper just needs a simple flowing lip).

If you could smooth it out a bit more I think you could sell it alot of kits to show guys and what not.

The Z crowd is into simple designs that go wit the lines of the car. Thats why we bought the 350Z the stock lines are free flowing.

The top secret kit everyone loves and also people like the Veilside Version 1 lip. Thats because they are simple yet add to the cars design.

Listen to our feedback it will get you further.

Last edited by Red6; 06-25-2004 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-25-2004, 10:23 PM
SQUILL

Originally posted by Red6
I think with a few ajustment you could have a hit.

The side skirts are great. Its just the the rear fender doent flow well with the sides. Also the rear fender lines need ajustment to flow wit the rear valences.

Also the front side fender scoop looks out of place because the line should go down further down.

Also the front bumper has good lines but the is blocky lip looks out of place. Its need to be taken out the the bumper just needs a simple lip.

If you could smooth it out a bit more I think you could sell it alot of the BRS kits to show guys.

The Z crowd is into simple designs that go wit the line of the car.
I agree 100%

Quick Reply: BRS Autdesign Kit and Painted Car