Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BRS Autdesign Kit and Painted Car

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 10:52 PM
vice86

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the rear in the 1/4 view shot looks like a VW Bug.
Old 06-26-2004, 12:23 AM
joust75

Originally posted by Red6
I think with a few adjustments you could have a hit.

The side skirts are great. Its just the the rear fender doesn't flow well with the sides. Also the rear fender lines needs to be adjusted to flow with the rear valence.

The front side fender scoop looks out of place because the lines should go down further. I would take the out all together it will look better.

The front bumper has good lines but the is blocky lip looks out of place. The blocky front needs to be taken out (the bumper just needs a simple flowing lip).

If you could smooth it out a bit more I think you could sell it alot of kits to show guys and what not.

The Z crowd is into simple designs that go wit the lines of the car. Thats why we bought the 350Z the stock lines are free flowing.

The top secret kit everyone loves and also people like the Veilside Version 1 lip. Thats because they are simple yet add to the cars design.

Listen to our feedback it will get you further.
This cracks me up. It basically says, "Make adjustments to every piece of the kit then it will be okay"

Thats like saying : " If Saddam Hussin would stop being such a sociopath, stop killing his own people, stop invading other countries and being an a$$hole in general and was a little nicer, then he might be a pretty decent dictator
Old 06-26-2004, 05:34 AM
Traffic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Midus
Perhaps they should have asked us BEFORE it got to the final product phase..
What a waste of time and efforts...The only thing I halfway like is the fenders...
They did. It got about the same response as it's getting now.

I'm not usually one to chime in with and but they need to completely rethink the front fender. It needs a large squarish opening for an FMIC. The gills and splitter have to go.

The sides and rear are OK and even the rivets are acceptable. I think they were going for the GTR prototype kind of look. If anything, I would pull the fenders in a bit (The Z has mammoth flares as is), even if it's at the expense of max tire size. What are the intended wheel sizes for this kit anyway?

Generally the widebody as is is too ... complex. There's too much going on when you look at the car, especially in the front and front fender. I've posted a couple pictures below of well-executed widebody kits that work with the lines of the car. I don't expect everyone to like them (that's not the point anyway), but they are integrated well with the existing elements of the MRS and Supra.

Last edited by Traffic; 06-26-2004 at 05:37 AM.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:12 AM
BJF2K

congradualtions! you've made that Z the most dirtiest car on the road !
Old 06-26-2004, 06:42 AM
coletta z

I would rather ride around with no bumpers or side skirts than sport that kit.Disgrace to the z at least untill they go back to the drawing board and make some of it flow a little more.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:16 PM
S12 driver

I like it. The front looks unique, i would close the side of the block tho, cause it doesn't look aerodynamic. the rest looks good. This kit reminds me of the VeilSide Version 3 w/Overfender, not everyone will like it. But it looks good to me.
Old 06-27-2004, 09:35 PM
hndumafia

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i think the front would look good if you got rid of the block part and just left the lip running along the bottom. and i think the back would look good if you made it less wide and if you molded it with the body of the car. the way it is now the back doesn't flow with the car from top to bottom. if it curved instead of being so angular i'd like it better i think.

i dont think it is a terrible design completely though. it is a commendable effort.