Old 07-13-2004, 09:01 AM
myz8a4re

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ooops, beat me to it. thanx!

-justin
Old 07-13-2004, 04:52 PM
ronald_m

Have you seen the amuse sideskirt?that will be perfect with V1 lip.
Old 07-13-2004, 05:50 PM
myz8a4re

i have seen the amuse kit. the styling of the amuse sides seem they would match the v1 lip in looks, but i believe the amuse kit is like the greddy in that it sits much lower than stock/other kits. the wierd thing about the amuse kit(IMO) is that it looks hot from a distance but looks a tad boxy up close. no flames on the kit, all in all its hot, just not my cup of tea......

-justin
Old 07-14-2004, 09:22 AM
sal1

Default Greddy skirts

How are the skirts installed? Do you have to remove the originals?

Also, I was thinking about the paint. It seems to me that it would be cheaper to paint them off the car, (no masking, no dirty car, etc.), it might be a question to ask the body shop.
Old 07-14-2004, 02:00 PM
myz8a4re

some kits require the stock skirts to be removed & some just overlay the factory pieces. i dont think anyone paints the parts on the car. this would be much more costly! only acception would be if the entire car were getting painted or a large portion of the car. even then i would want the pieces painted off the car for the smoothest paint transitions with the pieces/body........

-justin
Old 07-15-2004, 11:52 AM
Tim'sZ

Here is picture of Veilside Vs 1 lip with Stillen sideskirts, they are a good combo, also no rear bumper add-on, just splash guards
Attached Thumbnails V1 Lip, Greddy Skirts...-driver-side.jpg  
Old 07-15-2004, 12:32 PM
myz8a4re

tim i saw your car on ebay a few weeks back, did you sell it or are you keeping it? i really like that combination, not exaggerated yet tastefully noticeable!
tim, is there a big ridge where the stillen skirts are added over the factory pieces? or is it a smooth transition between them and the body? there was a discussion of whether the aftermarket "over the stock" sides cause noticeable edges since its "stacked on" as opposed to the aftermarket sides that require you to remove the factory side pieces before installing. they look great on your car, id like to hear from you on it.....
thanx,
-justin

Last edited by myz8a4re; 07-15-2004 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Tim'sZ

Originally posted by myz8a4re
tim i saw your car on ebay a few weeks back, did you sell it or are you keeping it? i really like that combination, not exaggerated yet tastefully noticeable!
tim, is there a big ridge where the stillen skirts are added over the factory pieces? or is it a smooth transition between them and the body? there was a discussion of whether the aftermarket "over the stock" sides cause noticeable edges since its "stacked on" as opposed to the aftermarket sides that require you to remove the factory side pieces before installing. they look great on your car, id like to hear from you on it.....
thanx,
-justin

It does leave a defining line where it overlaps the stock sideskirts, it did not bother me that much but we had to do it twice because the first time we put the double sided tape up too high, other than that they went on fine. I will admit that I really like the Greddy sideskirts and almost went with them but decided on the Stillen.
Did not sell car, the bids were about $4,000 too low and I set my reserve EXTREMELY HIGH just in case I came to my senses,which I did. Since then I have got the NISMO front lip in and added the Webasto sunroof, also ordered the yellow headlight overlays from Performance Nissan and they are supposed to be in tomorrow, will post pictures hopefully towards the end of next week after new lip is installed, I will say this, that sunroof is badass, it is the perfect size for the Z and does not take away from the roofline, I have only seen one other Z other than mine with one and it too was a Brickyard. Will post pictures soon
Old 07-16-2004, 12:50 PM
myz8a4re

thanx for the info tim. glad you decided to keep the z, good choice! what did you end up doing with your v1 lip? are you selling it?

thanx,
-justin
Old 07-18-2004, 02:28 PM
Tim'sZ

Originally posted by myz8a4re
thanx for the info tim. glad you decided to keep the z, good choice! what did you end up doing with your v1 lip? are you selling it?

thanx,
-justin
I would sell the Vs 1 lip since I have no use for it anymore, so if you know anyone looking I will sell mine.
Old 07-18-2004, 03:07 PM
myz8a4re

Ill take it, ill pm you with questions.........

Thanx!

-justin