Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QUESTIONS for those with replica Esprit aero kit

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2004, 07:24 PM
HaNkYs_Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default QUESTIONS for those with replica Esprit aero kit

I broke my Greddy front lip to two pieces today and now I am looking for a replacement. I am thinking about getting the replica Esprit aero front bumper kit for my new replacement. What do you guys think, do you guys think the Greddy sideskirts will lineup with the Esprit front bumper? or one sit lower then the other? and also if you see in the picture, does everyone of the replica Esprit aero front bumper kit curve like that?
Attached Thumbnails QUESTIONS  for those with replica Esprit aero kit-aab.jpg  

Last edited by HaNkYs_Z; 08-06-2004 at 07:33 PM.
Old 08-07-2004, 04:52 AM
ZISBAK

Damn! what did you do? Hit a rat? That sucks!!
I would think the Espirit kit would match up pretty good, since the Greddy side sills are pretty similar to the Espirit one. That was the kit I was going to go with at first. It would be really cool to see it on a DB! Are you going to the HIN today? I don't think I'll be able to make it there, got too many things that I have to work on. But I might do a drive by hee hee..
Old 08-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Chicken

Originally posted by HaNkYs_Z
...and also if you see in the picture, does everyone of the replica Esprit aero front bumper kit curve like that?
That looks TERRIBLE. Does the original Esprit aero front bumper kit curve like that?
Old 08-07-2004, 09:29 AM
HaNkYs_Z

Originally posted by ZISBAK
Damn! what did you do? Hit a rat? That sucks!!
I would think the Espirit kit would match up pretty good, since the Greddy side sills are pretty similar to the Espirit one. That was the kit I was going to go with at first. It would be really cool to see it on a DB! Are you going to the HIN today? I don't think I'll be able to make it there, got too many things that I have to work on. But I might do a drive by hee hee..
I hit the god damn curve when I did a U-turn on a narrow road and the cop was behind me and I rushed and miscalculate the distance. I probably wont go to the HIN either, since today is free tax weekend, I am going to take my girlfriend shopping. Tony, if you want to go, call me, I got two free tickets, but need to be pickup at martket hall before 2.
Old 08-07-2004, 09:33 AM
Christobal

hey guys, i went with the greddy front lip instead of the Esprit front bumper.

i didn't like the pictures of the fitment of the Esprit front bumper. It looks like it doesn't fit correctly.

so my setup consist of the following:

Greddy front lip, Esprit sides and back.
Old 08-07-2004, 11:54 AM
myz8a4re

christobal, did you get the espirit replica sides/rear or the real espirit pieces? where did you get them? i was going to get the intitial D sides & rear but the espirit sides & rear look nice too. if the replica pieces are of good quality & fitment i may go that route........please tell me where i can find the replica pieces!

thankyou,
-justin
Old 08-07-2004, 11:58 AM
monkey7

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Looking at mine, it is not drastic as the one you post. You can see a slight curve. Pictures of the original are the same, but not as much as the picture you post above.
Old 08-07-2004, 12:25 PM
Christobal

1. I have the replica sides and rear.( Esprit )

2. Look closely at the front bumper in the pic, it just wasn't installed properly. Notice the headlights are sticking out past the bumper edge, and notice the gap along the horizontal crease where it connects to the fender.

3. If the bumper was removed and reinstalled, basically swing the front lip upwards, the horizontal gap would go away, the curve at the wheelwell would be even, and the headlights would be aligned with the edge ofthe bumper.

4. The replica kit (spirit) i have is ok. The sides are very thin fiberglass, chopper gun style, and the rear is ok, a little thicker fiberglass, but still not the best of quality.

5. My front urethane greddy lip is Priceless, fitment and quality are 110%, fits tightly all the way around and is smooth as a baby's ***.
Old 08-07-2004, 03:17 PM
ZISBAK

Originally posted by HaNkYs_Z
I hit the god damn curve when I did a U-turn on a narrow road and the cop was behind me and I rushed and miscalculate the distance. I probably wont go to the HIN either, since today is free tax weekend, I am going to take my girlfriend shopping. Tony, if you want to go, call me, I got two free tickets, but need to be pickup at martket hall before 2.
Damn! that sucks!! I know what you mean, when there are cops behind me! You alway try to drive like a perfect human being, but sometime you'll tend to over do it!
Yeah, I tried to go Grapevine Mill, and totally forgot that it's Taxes free weekend. As soon I saw the parking lot, I just say hell with that! If I can't find a good parking, screw shopping!! Yeah, I wish I could check the forum earlier, I just got back home and it's already 6pm. But thanks for the offer tho!!
Would it be cool if they have a Taxes free weekend for all the Car parts!!
Old 08-07-2004, 05:11 PM
HaNkYs_Z

Originally posted by Christobal
1. I have the replica sides and rear.( Esprit )

2. Look closely at the front bumper in the pic, it just wasn't installed properly. Notice the headlights are sticking out past the bumper edge, and notice the gap along the horizontal crease where it connects to the fender.

3. If the bumper was removed and reinstalled, basically swing the front lip upwards, the horizontal gap would go away, the curve at the wheelwell would be even, and the headlights would be aligned with the edge ofthe bumper.

4. The replica kit (spirit) i have is ok. The sides are very thin fiberglass, chopper gun style, and the rear is ok, a little thicker fiberglass, but still not the best of quality.

5. My front urethane greddy lip is Priceless, fitment and quality are 110%, fits tightly all the way around and is smooth as a baby's ***.
Anyone pictures? hows the esprit side skirts lineup with the greddy lip? is it perfect match? or one sit lower then the other?
Old 08-07-2004, 05:12 PM
HaNkYs_Z

Originally posted by ZISBAK
Damn! that sucks!! I know what you mean, when there are cops behind me! You alway try to drive like a perfect human being, but sometime you'll tend to over do it!
Yeah, I tried to go Grapevine Mill, and totally forgot that it's Taxes free weekend. As soon I saw the parking lot, I just say hell with that! If I can't find a good parking, screw shopping!! Yeah, I wish I could check the forum earlier, I just got back home and it's already 6pm. But thanks for the offer tho!!
Would it be cool if they have a Taxes free weekend for all the Car parts!!
I heard you man, thats why I drove my girlfriends car today, hahah.
Old 08-07-2004, 05:29 PM
Christobal

hanky, are you kidding me ????
the greddy lip and the esprit sides go together like :

peanut butter and jelly
starsky and hutch
tom and jerry

you get the point.............

they go together perfectly, looks like it was meant to be.

ill post pics later, the shops painting the kit as i type.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:52 PM
HaNkYs_Z

Originally posted by monkey7
Looking at mine, it is not drastic as the one you post. You can see a slight curve. Pictures of the original are the same, but not as much as the picture you post above.
Did you get the real kit or the replica one? where did you get them from and how much? how was the fitment? can you post some pictures on here? thanks.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:55 PM
HaNkYs_Z

Originally posted by Christobal
hanky, are you kidding me ????
the greddy lip and the esprit sides go together like :

peanut butter and jelly
starsky and hutch
tom and jerry

you get the point.............

they go together perfectly, looks like it was meant to be.

ill post pics later, the shops painting the kit as i type.
Bump for the pictures? when can you get your car and take some pictures? I want to see how yours look like before I decide on my replacemnet.
Old 08-09-2004, 01:48 PM
havabooz

i actually bought the EXACT bumper pictured above...it was already painted my color and "fitted" to the car

when i got it and took it to my body shop it needed work as if nothing was ever done to it.....so he re-smoothed out the fiberglass and fit it PERFECTLY to the car

the front wheel will appear to be closer to the bumper than to the fender but its not bad looking in real life

i LOVE my kit but the front is very low...the kit is MUCH stronger than i anticipated and withstands a LOT...i recently cracked it in a small accident so i bought a new bumper from dave at 350zforums.org

he has great prices on any parts of the kit and has great customer service

IMO every kit looks better complete..but mixing and macthing doesnt hurt
Old 08-09-2004, 02:08 PM
Christobal

waited 3 weeks to get my kit painted, and now the guys talkin' smack
"my grandma's sick, the color wont match, my painters sick with the flu"

everything in the book with excuses but hasn't even started on the kit.
so i pulled out on his punk ***, pulled the kit from him and took it to my original painter, that i should have used in the first place.
he'll paint it this saturday, and i'll pick it up monday.
now thats service!!
whenever something doesn't seem right, use your senses and go elsewhere, like i did.

i'll post pics ASAP so you can see how it looks.
Old 08-09-2004, 03:00 PM
gunnerz

havabooz,
did you ever get a chance to take more pics of your car?
Old 08-09-2004, 07:21 PM
havabooz

i took pics as soon as i got it back from the body shop

search for "esprit iforged"

i was waiting to take more pics when i had my wheels on and i had em on for a while now they are off cause UPS lost my wheel

and right now i have a cracked bumper so ill post pics when its fixed

prob the end of teh month...but the thread im talkin about has some good pics
Old 08-09-2004, 07:46 PM
HaNkYs_Z

Originally posted by havabooz
i took pics as soon as i got it back from the body shop

search for "esprit iforged"

i was waiting to take more pics when i had my wheels on and i had em on for a while now they are off cause UPS lost my wheel

and right now i have a cracked bumper so ill post pics when its fixed

prob the end of teh month...but the thread im talkin about has some good pics
So you got another bumper from David? How bad was the crack? I never use fibergalss before, so I am kind of worry about it. Is it really easy to crack? I driveway is very steep, so I will scrape it everytime I go or leave home. Do you think this bumper is strong enough to hold up? Does you paint chip off easy?
Old 08-10-2004, 01:30 AM
monkey7

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I would have to agree with Havabooz, the kit is sturdy. Driving down in S.F. is kind of bad for me. Scrapping on any kind of incline would bother me and thats what it did. Next to that, I'm lowered by 1 inch. Just be careful on where you go. Then you will be fine.

Quick Reply: QUESTIONS for those with replica Esprit aero kit