Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed clear corners and new shift knob

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 03:19 PM
old_s13

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by SmO69
clearconers.com is the rip off. they're the ones who charge you a grand. there's a DIY on how to open the housing, but i wanna leave it to someone who's actually done it before. there are people on this board who can do it for around $100...maybe more or less, but no where near a grand.
the word "rip off" should be used for businesses or people who take people's money and dont do what they advertise to do. thats much different than what we do, which is professionally modify lighting components for cars.

we've been in business for years and have the knowledge and past experience to show for what we do. a simple search through the Z forum should reveal horror stories that some Z-club folks have had in taking apart their lamps, condensation, or damaged headlamps due to mishandling.

if you trust anyone to handle your lamps, you're basically risking a set of 1375 dollar HID headlamps. when customers do business with us, they dont have to worry about those risks. besides, we have Z33 HID-spec lamps in stock and offer core-exchanges for those who dont want downtime. we have our products on display for people to see at our office.

its one thing to call something expensive, its another to call them a rip off.

mike / clearcorners.com
Old 08-09-2004, 05:41 PM
kbirdsong

I agree, but i think Sm069 just used that term "rip off" loosely to mean just expensive. I have seen your work, they are nice lights, good work, and would love to have a set, but i, like others, think they are a bit out of the budget of most people. I bet you would sell tons of these if all you did was replace the reflecter with a clear one. And reassemble. You could sell at a reasonable price. and lots of people could afford them. Maybe you could offer that as another option?

Last edited by kbirdsong; 08-09-2004 at 05:55 PM.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:54 PM
old_s13

i appreciate the insight and understanding, i had a feeling he was coming from that perspective but you never know for sure.

we've considered selling other variations but so far, the two conversions we list on the website are the best. we may be developing one other variation, but the plans for this are not concrete yet.

either way, Z owners need to understand that these headlamps are expensive and we'de rather not go through the trouble of disassembling and reassembling them just for a mere reflector. if that is the case, just get some covers or overlays.. if you want things to look inexpensive, then there you go. we want the headlamp to look like its expensive and retrofitting it with all the LED gadgetry is the only way.

Originally posted by kbirdsong
I agree, but i think Sm069 just used that term "rip off" loosely to mean just expensive. I have seen your work, they are nice lights, good work, and would love to have a set, but i, like others, think they are a bit out of the budget of most people. I bet you would sell tons of these if all you did was replace the reflecter with a clear one. And reassemble. You could sell at a reasonable price. and lots of people could afford them. Maybe you could offer that as another option?
Old 08-10-2004, 05:19 AM
kbirdsong

Well, good luck then :-) If you ever deside to make a version without all the LED gadgetry i'll jump all over them. The LED stuff just doesn't excite me.
Old 08-10-2004, 05:40 AM
Chicken

What he said above. I also have no interest in the LEDs, but would welcome a clear reflector with silver/amber turn signal bulbs as a less expensive alternative. I know it's not what you do, but if you ever decide to, my check will be in the mail that day.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:32 AM
SmO69

oh ooops sorry. i use the words "rip-off" for most things i find beyond my budget so thanks to kbirdsong for clearing that up. and yes i looked at clearcorners first a long time ago and i think its the hottest headlight setup with all the LEDs but then again i didn't have the money.