Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z badges with LEDs

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 08:16 PM
sal1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z badges with LEDs

Received and installed my Z badges from Z327. Instructions where easy to read and installation was a piece of cake. I highly recommed them. I hava video file, if anyone is interested.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:44 PM
jim-n-cathy

Just wondering, did you connect them to your parking lights or your turn signals? What color is your Z, and what color LEDs did you get? -- Jim
Old 08-28-2004, 08:51 PM
jhchan

Have any pics or links to a website to buy? Thanks.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:01 PM
Rahtok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

His link is in my sig...
Old 08-29-2004, 05:00 AM
sal1

My Z is Brickyard in color and I hook the badges to the turn signals. The color of the LEDs are super white. Here is a link to Z327. By the way they cost $75 and I received them in about 4 days.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:23 AM
jhchan

Hmm too bad no amber to work as turn signals. I might consider it if they were available. Pretty slick though. How hard is installtion? How did you splice into the wires? Any soldering involved? From what I understand there is a whole behind that badge when you pry it off. How did you get at the wires behind there?

Just curious in case I decide to get them Thanks!
Old 08-29-2004, 06:39 AM
sal1

You have a choice of amber or white. Installation is a piece of cake. To get to the back of the badges you have to remove the plastic wheel well schrouds - a few snaps and a few screws- actually mine never came off completly, I just pushed them to the side. With one hand I used the handle of a screwdriver to push on the badge pins and with the other I grabbed the badge and pulled it off. Then I used a blow drier to make the removal of the sticky tape easier. I actually never cut any wires off. I use a method that is real easy, I peel off about an inch of the wire insulation (without cutting the wire) once I see the wire, I spread the stands of wire in the middle, (it should look like the eye of a needle), then I insert the new wire and twisted around the wire. Then I wrap electrical tape and the job is finished. The badges come with detailed instructions. Z327 done a great job. Get a set you won't be sorry.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:24 AM
IsatteliteI

Originally posted by sal1
You have a choice of amber or white. Installation is a piece of cake. To get to the back of the badges you have to remove the plastic wheel well schrouds - a few snaps and a few screws- actually mine never came off completly, I just pushed them to the side. With one hand I used the handle of a screwdriver to push on the badge pins and with the other I grabbed the badge and pulled it off. Then I used a blow drier to make the removal of the sticky tape easier. I actually never cut any wires off. I use a method that is real easy, I peel off about an inch of the wire insulation (without cutting the wire) once I see the wire, I spread the stands of wire in the middle, (it should look like the eye of a needle), then I insert the new wire and twisted around the wire. Then I wrap electrical tape and the job is finished. The badges come with detailed instructions. Z327 done a great job. Get a set you won't be sorry.
I used the same method to install mine, it worked out great and they look great. I've noticed a lot of people looking at them when I'm turning, maybe they don't expect it but everyone has told me they look good. I love them and the installation was incredibly simple.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:13 AM
350Chas

Lets see some pics of the finished product please.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Dark_fusion42

I thought he had blue, or so it says on his site. I need to contact him about red...
Old 08-29-2004, 01:00 PM
Rahtok

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 350Chas
Lets see some pics of the finished product please.
Ask and Receive:

Old 08-29-2004, 02:47 PM
jhchan

Sweet he does have amber. I also saw only white or blue. Hopefully this is as easy as you guys are saying. Although I could put together a computer, I'm such a newb for car install stuff

BTW where are the wires you have to tap into? That location is pretty far from the front head light housing. I am assuming this is an entire new "Z" badge and you don't have to modify your own?

Thanks again,

Last edited by jhchan; 08-29-2004 at 02:53 PM.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:10 PM
IsatteliteI

Originally posted by jhchan
Sweet he does have amber. I also saw only white or blue. Hopefully this is as easy as you guys are saying. Although I could put together a computer, I'm such a newb for car install stuff

BTW where are the wires you have to tap into? That location is pretty far from the front head light housing. I am assuming this is an entire new "Z" badge and you don't have to modify your own?

Thanks again,
It's an all new badge, brand new with the double side tape and everything. It comes prewired, you don't have to do any modifications to the badge. The lenght of the wires is more than enough to reach the light housing. All you have to do is remove the plastic inside the wheel wells and connect it to either the blinker of the parking lights (I went with blinker). It's a little tight, especially if you dont take the plastic covers completely off but it's really easy. It's super simple, the instructions are great and coulndn't be easier to follow. The hardest part about the whole project is removing the glue from the original badge.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:52 PM
jhchan

Thanks! I'm going to go ahead and get some of the amber ones. Anyone have good pics of the other colors (white or blue)?
Old 08-29-2004, 08:34 PM
sal1

I didn't think removing the glue from the original badge was hard. I used a hair drier for about a minute and rolled the tape off with my fingers. Residual glue was removed using GOOF OFF. You can get it at any hardware (Home Depot, Loew's) or paint store.
Old 09-13-2004, 08:39 PM
jhchan

OK guys I finally got mine. Did everyone have to take the wheels off to do this install as stated in the instructions? I would rather not as I don't have a torque wrench to properly torque them back on. Also my jack is not low enough to properly fit under the car.

Thanks,

Last edited by jhchan; 09-13-2004 at 08:47 PM.
Old 09-13-2004, 09:21 PM
sal1

You don't have to take the wheel off, even though it is easier to take the wheel well schroud off without the tire. You might have to turn the wheel to the left or right to get to the screws and snaps. The schroud doesn't have to come off the car, just push it to the side to get your arm inside.
Old 09-14-2004, 10:02 AM
jhchan

Thanks Sal1, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. I will hopefully give it a go this weekend assuming the rain stays away.
Old 09-14-2004, 06:06 PM
sal1

If you have any problems P.M. and I'll try to help.
Old 09-15-2004, 11:31 PM
Dragonstyle

Looks tight.....

Quick Reply: Z badges with LEDs