Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nismo Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 06:04 AM
CTBZR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Nismo Front Bumper

I hit road debris on the highway and cracked my stock bumper. I need to replace it and seriously thinking about replacing it with the Nismo front bumper.

Does anyone have an opinion on whether the Nismo bumper will look silly with out the rest of the Nismo body kit? Possibly a pic…

In addition, I know that the Nismo bumper is made out of fiberglass. I heard that it was brittle; I am wondering if anyone who has it the bumper having any problems with it being brittle.

Thanks…
Old 09-02-2004, 10:40 AM
JasZ

I need to do the same thing and I was wondering if the nismo front bumper will look ok without the rest of the nismo kit.
Old 09-02-2004, 11:10 AM
KrazY-2K

I'm in the same boat as you. My front bumper is getting ready to make a trip to the repair shop or replaced. I think the stock 17's and especially the 18's will do just fine with a Nismo bumper as long as you got the mud guards on your Z. Anyone know where you can still find the JDM replica Nismo front bumper?
Old 09-02-2004, 11:21 AM
CTBZR

I know that Performance Nissan in Duarte CA has a fiberglass Nismo bumper in stock. It's the same one that is on Jeff's car that was sold or being sold on Ebay.

Performance Nissan - http://www.perfnissan.com/parts.shtml

Jeff's Z - http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&category=31864

I decided to go with the stock bumper and add the Nismo spoiler on the bottom. Basically has the same look, but much more durable than Fiberglass.

thanks

CTBZR
Old 09-02-2004, 01:37 PM
Tantrum Z33

Actually the US version is kinda corny to me, IMO. The JDM Nismo bumper is already close to stock already except for the lip and the bar in the middle. Only thing that I like about it is that when it is installed, looks VERY clean and wont really scrape as much as other aftermarket front bumpers. If you are looking for durability, then go for the lip with the stock front bumper. I wouldn't get the Nismo lip though. Veilside V! lip looks better than the Nismo US lip, IMO.