Notices
Exterior & Interior 350Z Body modification, interior styling and lighting
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New carbon fiber pattern look more real....

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2004, 08:58 PM
pinnacleliquid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bgwillyis300
so its nto FULL REPlacement CF piece....its just wrapped....Blah...it misewell be a sticker....someone needs to manufacturer full cf replacement pieces. Then i would buy it!
I'll make you one. Cost twice as much. Step up.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:12 AM
Wicked4u2c

Originally posted by pinnacleliquid
I doubt it... Once in production the price is very cheap specially when it is imported from overseas... I never understood people who "Painted" or used "Stickers" which is pretty much the same thing... I respect your guy's process but its almost like going to the jewelry store and buying your girl friend cubic zirconia earrings... Its like your fronting, but I guess to each their own. I can just imagine to do your whole interior must cost way over $1,000 dollars and what do you get out of it? Just RICE POINTS IMO. No weight reduction just wannabe carbon fiber. I guess its cool if your trying to portray that image, maybe you guys should try hitting up the CIVIC forums and you might have better luck there? They like all that "fake" stuff...
Old 09-17-2004, 11:14 PM
SomeGuywitha-Z

Originally posted by Wicked4u2c
They like all that "fake" stuff...

Old 09-18-2004, 04:53 AM
kbirdsong

Wow people just love to bash others products or mods.
Old 09-18-2004, 09:50 AM
pinnacleliquid

I doubt it... Once in production the price is very cheap specially when it is imported from overseas... I never understood people who "Painted" or used "Stickers" which is pretty much the same thing... I respect your guy's process but its almost like going to the jewelry store and buying your girl friend cubic zirconia earrings... Its like your fronting, but I guess to each their own. I can just imagine to do your whole interior must cost way over $1,000 dollars and what do you get out of it? Just RICE POINTS IMO. No weight reduction just wannabe carbon fiber. I guess its cool if your trying to portray that image, maybe you guys should try hitting up the CIVIC forums and you might have better luck there? They like all that "fake" stuff...
What do you mean 'you doubt it'. I said I would make it and I will if he wants it. Who are you to assume I won't? And who cares what you understand and don't understand about people and their tastes. How do you say you respect the process and call it fake a sentence later. I don't want to know the answer to these questions, because I just don't care. Anything more than 'I like it' or 'I don't like it' is immaterial to my needs as a paying sponsor here. Yeah we do Civics. And we do Lamborghinis too. Same 'fake' way every time. After all it is just a look. A fashion. Like anything else. Just different. But never RICE.

Last edited by pinnacleliquid; 09-18-2004 at 09:52 AM.
Old 09-18-2004, 12:21 PM
Z CRUZN

Default Good stuff...........

Jusy my .02 - I ordered several pieces from the fellas @ SuiteEgraphx and the quality is as good as I've seen on CF & CF replicas. I was very happy with the b-pillar, mirror & emblem inserts and will be ordering interior pieces this winter. Keep up the great work!!
Attached Thumbnails New carbon fiber pattern look more real....-cf-view.jpg  
Old 09-18-2004, 12:29 PM
mofoz

wow i think that mirror piece looks like the best i have seen. any close ups? price?
Old 09-18-2004, 01:12 PM
aalzuhair

That’s great then why don't you come up with price(s) for the center console pieces to start with and maybe we can arrange for a group buy, or at least we will know how much interest is there (if there is any for real CF parts).

Thanks,
Az
Old 09-18-2004, 01:40 PM
Wicked4u2c

What do you mean 'you doubt it'. I said I would make it and I will if he wants it. Who are you to assume I won't? And who cares what you understand and don't understand about people and their tastes. How do you say you respect the process and call it fake a sentence later. I don't want to know the answer to these questions, because I just don't care. Anything more than 'I like it' or 'I don't like it' is immaterial to my needs as a paying sponsor here. Yeah we do Civics. And we do Lamborghinis too. Same 'fake' way every time. After all it is just a look. A fashion. Like anything else. Just different. But never RICE.
I never said "you wouldn't do it" I said I doubt it would cost more after being in production. I do respect your process, and calling it fake isn't disrespecting in any way? You can't say its "real"? Its fake carbon fiber painting? Or correct me if im wrong, what is it? Ive seen pictures of a Lamborghini with air ride, and wheel spinners your point? Its a shame for that owner all that money invested on a nice car and you can't squeeze a few thousand to have REAL carbon... But to each their own, just like you say its a FAD just like ALTEZZA tailights were... Maybe if your prices weren't so high I would think different. But some parts you guys paint I have seen real carbon for a lot cheaper and looks real, its like im paying more for painted carbon fiber than real?? BTW I like your other colors like blue, red, and even yellow to personalize your car. Thats neat!
Old 09-18-2004, 02:15 PM
Z CRUZN

Default For Mofoz........

Closeup of mirror...........
Attached Thumbnails New carbon fiber pattern look more real....-cf-mirror.jpg  
Old 09-18-2004, 02:16 PM
Z CRUZN

and b-pillar................
Attached Thumbnails New carbon fiber pattern look more real....-cf-b-pillar.jpg  
Old 09-18-2004, 02:19 PM
Z CRUZN

Default Mofoz........

BTW, the pillars, mirror covers & emblem inserts are real CF - excellent!
Attached Thumbnails New carbon fiber pattern look more real....-cf-front.jpg  
Old 09-18-2004, 03:00 PM
pinnacleliquid

I never said "you wouldn't do it" I said I doubt it would cost more after being in production. I do respect your process, and calling it fake isn't disrespecting in any way? You can't say its "real"? Its fake carbon fiber painting? Or correct me if im wrong, what is it? Ive seen pictures of a Lamborghini with air ride, and wheel spinners your point? Its a shame for that owner all that money invested on a nice car and you can't squeeze a few thousand to have REAL carbon... But to each their own, just like you say its a FAD just like ALTEZZA tailights were... Maybe if your prices weren't so high I would think different. But some parts you guys paint I have seen real carbon for a lot cheaper and looks real, its like im paying more for painted carbon fiber than real?? BTW I like your other colors like blue, red, and even yellow to personalize your car. Thats neat!
I am sure these parts could be produced fairly inexpensively if substantial numbers were involved. By substantial I mean in the thousands. Then it would be worth the time, engineering, testing, tooling, etc. I'm sorry but a group buy of a dozen or two will not inspire a company to make the investment to mass produce them. So we are stuck with one-offs. We do real CF parts as you can see above and below in this thread. We never claim our parts are real when they are not. Even when we get orders for the dash kits we make sure people know the diff. But you are wrong to think this is a fad, as in something that will go away. It has been around for two decades, but you are seeing it here on the Z for the first time and think it is new. It is new to this new car. And when we do it to the Mini or the EVO it is new to those owners. We never claim our product to be more than it is. It is not carbon fiber, but we can do things in colors no real tech fiber can do. And that is fashion. Jeez in 1990 I was selling wood kits for the Q45 hand over fist. And in Miami we sold different colors of wood. Lavender, silver stained, you name it. It had to match the fingernail polish that was in vogue. This is fashion. That's all it is. And on the Z it is appropriate. On the Gallardo it is appropriate too, if that is what the customer wants. Not everybody is in love with the look of real carbon fiber. I for one am tired of it. I am more tired of Altezza's though.

And thanks z cruzn for the props and pics.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:27 AM
NzZ

SuiteFX's stuff is top-notch in terms of workmanship and visual appeal (I don't even own any of thier products but I will readily admit this). Their kits are for looks, but so are bodykits, lambo doors, and most wheel/tire combos. Real CF would be more expensive, look worse (b/c the grain is not perfect) and would only save you a few pounds since the Z's plastic is already so damned thin. If anyone can show me real CF that looks as good as SuiteFX's stuff at the same cost, I'll order it right now.

NzZ
Old 09-19-2004, 07:18 AM
CatastrophZZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Good stuff...........

Originally posted by Z CRUZN
Jusy my .02 - I ordered several pieces from the fellas @ SuiteEgraphx and the quality is as good as I've seen on CF & CF replicas. I was very happy with the b-pillar, mirror & emblem inserts and will be ordering interior pieces this winter. Keep up the great work!!
hey isnt that B-pillar piece a real CF? cuz i thought it was, i remembered asking pinnicleliquid a while back and i think it was real CF, or real CF overlay, not paint.
Old 09-19-2004, 09:51 AM
pinnacleliquid

Default We do both!

Originally posted by CatastrophZZ
hey isnt that B-pillar piece a real CF? cuz i thought it was, i remembered asking pinnicleliquid a while back and i think it was real CF, or real CF overlay, not paint.
The real

and the print
Attached Thumbnails New carbon fiber pattern look more real....-img_1625.jpg  

Last edited by pinnacleliquid; 09-19-2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old 09-19-2004, 10:00 AM
narkotic

Whoever is bashing their product just haven't seen it in person yet. I had them spray both of my pillars (custom gauge pod that I made and the other side) and they are immaculate and I still yet to find someone that couldn't discern from it being painted on or real until I point it out. They do excellent work!
Old 09-19-2004, 03:39 PM
Glasgow Smile
dat title

I've bought their B-pillar and mirror accents and they're top notch stuff.

I really dig that new pattern too, looks a little darker.
Old 09-19-2004, 04:25 PM
2003z

I'm not a fan of carbon fiber, but... I saw a Lemans at the NOPI nationals today, which I believe had Pinnacle's interior, as noone else that I know of makes the full wrapped cf interior look. Fake or not, it looked really nice. Good work!
Old 09-20-2004, 07:40 AM
ajk4

let's face it, the z interior while well designed imho is made of cheap, boring materials. if you've ever seen the console done by suite e fx in person compared to the stock one you would wonder if nissan was just cutting corners when it came to the stock interior. this isn't a performance mod either, so whether its real cf or not is kinda pointless. i would understand if someone did the exterior of the car like this, but the interior needs all the help it can get. not to be a mag racer but every review i read about the z seems to agree with this. wonderful bang for buck, but way to cheap materials for a 30k car. also, you can get the console painted to match the color of your color/metallic/etc. so you dont have to go with the cf look.

Quick Reply: New carbon fiber pattern look more real....