Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

This forum is in serious need of moderation

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 03:50 PM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

agreed...getting a FAQ going would be the best thing we could do for this place
Old 01-02-2005, 03:51 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

HarvesterUT...how are you guys doing out there?
Old 01-02-2005, 03:52 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Also +1 for intuitive FAQ
Old 01-02-2005, 04:56 PM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the mere fact that not a single moderator or administrator have chosen to comment on this thread speaks volumes....

matter of fact, who are the mods for this forum?
Old 01-02-2005, 05:12 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Remember how long it took to get a response to the questions and complaints on why this site was crashing daily. Do you really expect any action from this in the forseeable future???
Old 01-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by VaLe350z
It's also posts like this and the one he/she quoted that are completely unneccessary. I don't mean to be a dick, but when people create posts like this it just makes it that much more difficult to locate useful information and is basically a waste of bandwidth.
Old 01-03-2005, 01:46 AM
stu46

Originally posted by Armitage
It's also posts like this and the one he/she quoted that are completely unneccessary. I don't mean to be a dick, but when people create posts like this it just makes it that much more difficult to locate useful information and is basically a waste of bandwidth.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:14 AM
zzzz350zzzz

"Just Got a Z" threads are annoying, too.
Old 01-03-2005, 04:19 AM
Speedracer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: This forum is in serious need of moderation

Originally posted by Z1 Performance
Over the past 2 years or so, we have seen this board go from a small community to a large one - it is easily the most popular board for the 350Z out there.

However one thing I have noticed over the past 6-8 months is the number of increased repetitive questions by new members. While we certainly<a onMouseOver="window.status='' ; return true;" onMouseOut="window.status='';" oncontextmenu="window.status=''; return true;" onclick="location.href='http://www.enhancemysearch.com/admin/results.php?q=Love&id=31';return false;" href="" TITLE="More Info..."> love </a>having new members here, I cannot tell you how frustrating it is to to read "What's the loudest exhaust", "What's the quietest exhaust", "What's the best intake", etc etc over and over again - it seems these posts crop up every couple of days!

So, here is my plea to the board owners - please encourage and demand that the moderators start consolidating these posts - or better yet, get a real FAQ going that is clearly labelled, so we don't have to wade through the same questions and answers day after day

Thanks in advance!
This happens on every single automotive enthusiast site. I experienced it on the Honda Prelude website, the Audi S4 website, and now this Z site. It is also extremely predictable in it's time course. The posts tend to be on a 2 year cycle in terms of high level repetition. That is why we are now seeing a giant influx of "which is the best intake and exhaust" all over again. Personally, as long as it doesn't slow up the website, I don't really care. These people need info, feedback, advice just as much as anyone. We shouldn't penalize them becuase they are new owners or new to modding cars. If it does slow up the website to have all these repetitive posts, then some sort or reorganization may be called for.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:46 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

I agree the info is uselful to not just the new members but also to people looking to change components - but the repetitiveness of these threads is what gets annoying - if there was even the slightest bit of moderation here, coupled with a logical, easy to follow FAQ, it would be a non issue
Old 01-03-2005, 06:08 AM
pwrshftd350z

yes, a faq would be nice and will field many if not most questions of that nature, however....often times a faq cannot answer questions as well as the input of several members commenting on such questions (experiences, opinions). this forum does NOT belong to those who have been here the longest and it does NOT belong to those who can spend the most money and the most time on modifications. remember... there was a time when you were excited about getting your car and wanted to tell someone about it....just as there was a time when you bolted on your first part. dont open the cai and exhaust threads. share the knowledge that you have built. share the space.
my 2 cents. not trying to offend anyone.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:23 AM
HarvesterUT
Premier Member

Originally posted by EnthuZiast
HarvesterUT...how are you guys doing out there?

well i have been home for the past 1.5 weeks....i go back soon though for the final 2 months...then i'm basically done! things have been going well overseas...the media makes it seem worse than it is, trust me
Old 01-03-2005, 09:09 AM
stu46

Need of moderation in the feedback forum?............lol

They read it cause it's been moved, just didn't do anything about it. People need to leave in the masses before things start to register........lol
Old 01-03-2005, 09:40 AM
350zSpeedRacer

I just saw this thread--I don't often check in on weekends.

An updated FAQ section would be nice--but will take some time to develop.

And remember, all these new people are in the exact same spot we once were and are just looking for information. If you're annoyed with some of the simpler questions, maybe post a search result thread to point them in a right direction, mention in a POLITE way that we have such a feature, and call it a day. Quite frequently, this is the first forum they've joined and have no idea how the whole thing works.

Mods do what we can, but we can't be on the site all the time to direct new traffic.
Old 01-03-2005, 12:27 PM
GodZilla
Bad Mojo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was on Vacation, decided I had enough of the computer for a few days and needed to spend some time with my family..

Anyway, while on vacation I put together a list of things to do and the biggest one was improving the site..

So over the next month you will start seeing a lot of things change for the better..
Old 01-03-2005, 03:58 PM
MannishBoy
350Z-holic

I agree with Christi here. It is always frustrating when we see new posters just getting their Z get flammed for asking something the rest of us probably know already. I hate to see people act like it is a horrible offense to them to see a simple question posted, and that nobody should ever post without searching.

Fact is, a lot of time the search won't give you what you want if you are new to the subject, because you might not even know the common terms or names that have evolved for problems or issues. Just think about if you just got a Z and started having tire roar. Would you know to look for "feathering"? You might get lucky and stumble onto the subject with a proper search, or you might not.

Well before I was made a mod here I was in the group asking for FAQs, Tips, and How-Tos. Yes, we still need them, but due to some behind the scenes problems with the site and support thereof, it hasn't been done as we all would have liked for it to have been. GodZilla here has done a lot of positive things to get the site speed back up to bearable, and should be thanked for that. Hopefully he'll continue to help us with stuff like this
Old 01-04-2005, 08:41 AM
Z1 Performance
Former Sponsor

I appreciate the mods replyign to this - sorry you had to come back from vacation to such negativity, but it's been a pet peeve of mine about this site for a long long time.

To follow up to Mannish Boy's reply, this is exactly where the moderators come in...it is their job, as I see it, to direct new members to the threads where the information can be found. If there was a consolidated FAQ, with good threads or good outline posts describing a particular item, then that information should be readily and conveniently available to a new member

I should also clarify my initial post - I think what irks me the most is seeing 3 and 4 different threads posted within the span of a few days on exactly the same topic.....if we could get some sort of consolidation of those, that would be, in my opinion, a good step in the right direction

Adam

Quick Reply: This forum is in serious need of moderation