Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Why personal group buys are no longer allowed

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005 | 02:11 PM
GodZilla
Bad Mojo

Originally Posted by 2003z
I find that hard to believe. As for strictly Z, when you stole Audio Pats product, used testimonies for his patented product as your own, and Yuichi left you, thats when your store went downhill.
haha thats BS. You have no clue of anything.

Originally Posted by 2003z
by the way, if people wonder why strictly z doesn't advertise on one of the other sites, its because they used testimony for audio pats product for their knock-off. reason enough to never by from them.
When was this?
Old 04-10-2005 | 02:16 PM
hfm

Let's stay on topic. I had some concerns too but, Kyle says StrictlyZ isn't an issue and we should take him at face value. *Waiting on the status of group buys.*
Old 04-10-2005 | 02:20 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

BTW, you can tell your vendors that I ALONE, have purchased over $12,000 worth of mods from vendors on this site. I have plans to do more soon.

That's JUST ME! There are HUNDREDS of "me" out there.

I will tell you this. If the GB's do not come back in a form that WE MEMBERS can live with along with you Admins., I can say that I will no longer be purchasing ANYTHING from a vendor through this site.

I don't mean to be an arrogant jerk here guys. I just want you to know how stongly I feel about this issue. I was one of the starters of this site and I'll be damned if I'll sit here and let you guys sell out and make it something we original members never would have allowed.
Old 04-10-2005 | 02:38 PM
teh215

Originally Posted by Dr Bonz
BTW, you can tell your vendors that I ALONE, have purchased over $12,000 worth of mods from vendors on this site. I have plans to do more soon.

I will tell you this. If the GB's do not come back in a form that WE MEMBERS can live with along with you Admins., I can say that I will no longer be purchasing ANYTHING from a vendor through this site.

I don't mean to be an arrogant jerk here guys. I just want you to know how strongly I feel about this issue. I was one of the starters of this site and I'll be damned if I'll sit here and let you guys sell out and make it something we original members never would have allowed.
I have been here since about August of 2002 and I know that I have spent close to what Bonz has spent and I am NO LONGER going to buy anything from any of the vendors. Period. I have tried to get a few group buys going on parts that I have thought that other member could use and at a good price. Most have fallen through but, I can assure you that I did my research/follow-up on my own time, NOT for any vendor. This is just one more reason why I feel that this site is going down hill....so sad.
Old 04-10-2005 | 02:52 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

teh215, why do you feel it is going down hill?
Old 04-10-2005 | 03:20 PM
GodZilla
Bad Mojo

I don't mean to be an arrogant jerk here guys. I just want you to know how stongly I feel about this issue. I was one of the starters of this site and I'll be damned if I'll sit here and let you guys sell out and make it something we original members never would have allowed.
Fair enough..
BTW I dont think your being arrogant about anything..
Also check your pm's I just sent you one..
Old 04-10-2005 | 03:57 PM
zillinois

I understand the policy, but the Group Buys will move to other boards and so will the traffic. No traffic no Sponsors.

The post quality has deteriorated in the last 3-4 months. I guess that happens everywhere, but if I have to wade through 20 more "loudest exhaust" or "I'm 18 and bought my own Z b*tchez" thread, I'm going to think about hanging it up too. Count me in the $12,000 and up category as well.

Last edited by zillinois; 04-10-2005 at 04:03 PM.
Old 04-10-2005 | 04:28 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Well if you want guarrantees against a member & vendor working in collusion, your policy change accomplishes that. It also guarrantees to make the site worse and upset the members. Sometimes a decent compromise is a better alternative. I hope you have found that with your proposed change to the change in policy (whatever it may be). Glad to see you guys are at least listening a little.

By the way, just wondering if you admins/mods have Z's?
Old 04-10-2005 | 04:47 PM
GodZilla
Bad Mojo

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Well if you want guarrantees against a member & vendor working in collusion, your policy change accomplishes that. It also guarrantees to make the site worse and upset the members. Sometimes a decent compromise is a better alternative. I hope you have found that with your proposed change to the change in policy (whatever it may be). Glad to see you guys are at least listening a little.

By the way, just wondering if you admins/mods have Z's?
I listen when I can, I just real busy at times when I cant.

FYI
Yes I have a Z (The First year Z) I've owned over 6 different Z's I've done most of the work on the 2 below myself from Bodywork/Paint to the mods.
My 240Z
http://zdriver.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=2

My 300zx(tt)Sold
http://zdriver.com/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=502

Old 04-10-2005 | 05:02 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

35ounces, I am making a 350Z purchase in the next few weeks. I've been learning more and more about the 350Z since November 2002.

To give my opinion about all this, even after we've announced that we came up with a solution and will announce it soon, people are still complaining. I'm sorry but you guy's sure do do alot of complaining. I understand that you want to make this website better, but we'll get to things when we get to things. Don't forget that we also have to move/copy/split/delete/merge/etc. threads...so we can't devote our time to coding the website and then not moderate on the website, otherwise we'll get complaining about the lack of moderation on the forum. So what can we do? Close the forum and work on it? You are honestly going to tell me that you aren't going to complain if we shut down the forum for a week? Yeah...right. So what else could we do? Work on it a little bit each day until we get it done? That's what Kyle is doing. But you guy's started complaining about that too (he finished the vendor page like yesterday, but was still getting it to look right). It just seems like the complaining is never ending, every solution we come up with is going to **** off some of you. The server needed to be upgraded and so did the software...it was.

The problem: you want everything done on the website and you want it now. The other problem: 2 administrators not being paid enough to stay on here 12 hours a day working on the website.
Old 04-10-2005 | 05:16 PM
Dr Bonz
Charter Member #19
Premier Member

No one is complaining about how long it is taking you to upgrade the site and perform the maintanance you speak of.

We ARE complaining about the fact that you took the GB's away. Don't confuse the issue here Nis.
Old 04-10-2005 | 05:19 PM
AudioPat
Sponsor
Up Front Enterprises

[QUOTE=GodZilla]haha thats BS. You have no clue of anything.

Not so much BS as you think Kyle. Obviously you don't know the story. I won't post details here. That's not my style, but if you want to know what really happened way back then, PM me and I'll be happy to share one on one.

Ever since I paid for the last six months of advertising my sig (the only real ad I have) has been gone. I hope you guys figure out how to handle this soon. I work too hard for my money to throw it away.

Miss ya Doc
Old 04-10-2005 | 05:22 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

Good luck with your Z purchase Niss. You must be pretty excited about it.

Yep, johnny public is impatient! You havn't actually stated what the new new policy is. Most people are still finding out about the last change.

Recently, things have improved greatly in terms of technical issues and I certainly understand that it all takes time (I have been in software for 25+ years and started 3 software companies). Just realize that its a thankless job and your doing it for your own reasons. But the crux of this thread is not about all that, its about the personal GB's and keeping the site and community "member friendly".

Anyhow, hope your Z arrives on time. Enjoy it.
Old 04-10-2005 | 05:23 PM
GodZilla
Bad Mojo

[QUOTE=AudioPat]
Originally Posted by GodZilla
haha thats BS. You have no clue of anything.

Not so much BS as you think Kyle. Obviously you don't know the story. I won't post details here. That's not my style, but if you want to know what really happened way back then, PM me and I'll be happy to share one on one.

Ever since I paid for the last six months of advertising my sig (the only real ad I have) has been gone. I hope you guys figure out how to handle this soon. I work too hard for my money to throw it away.

Miss ya Doc
Pat ok I'll pm you or just turn your aim on ..
Old 04-10-2005 | 05:30 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

No one is complaining about how long it is taking you to upgrade the site and perform the maintanance you speak of.

We ARE complaining about the fact that you took the GB's away. Don't confuse the issue here Nis.
I'm not confusing any issues, we'll leave this thread to just the group buy info then.

We've already set something up for the group buy's...it's running, just waiting on announcing it.