Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Bodybuilding Section

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 12:35 PM
Get_Zwole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

first off bodybuilding.com sucks ***. If sub forums clutter up the offtopic then why do we have any of them? Im pretty sure entertainment would blend in with offtopic just as well as say fitness and nutrition like someone suggested above.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:37 PM
Get_Zwole

Politics/War, Entertainment, Sports, Computer/Tech, Motorcycles, Other Vehicles, The Traveling Nismo Bears, Polls yup a Z forum so lets get rid of all these ****in subforums too while were at it. huh zexy? afterall this is a Z forum so **** the g35 guys too because the name is my350z so we should get rid of that while were at it can we vote?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:50 PM
DeZi_chokro
Banned

it won't let me make a poll

but here is the petition, put your name in it if you want to get a sub-forum for fitness/nutrition in Off-topic.

so far people have voted..so just simply add yourself..i've already added few people who have voiced their choice

1. Dezi_chokro
2. Rickdogg
3.k6750gsxr
4.dhwang80
5. Glow
6.drivencsz
7.highlysarcastic
8.2006350zSA
9. Ghost 350z
10. Louis21

Last edited by DeZi_chokro; 01-18-2008 at 12:57 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:56 PM
Get_Zwole

1. Dezi_chokro
2. 2006350zSA
Old 01-18-2008, 02:57 PM
dhwang80

if you want six pack abs...they say diet is the most important. most people assume to do a bunch of ab workouts. That helps...but showing off that rectus abdominus. You gotta sacrifice that fat.

just to start us off...
my routine:
day 1:
Chest, triceps, core
Day 2:
Shoulders, Back, Biceps, core
Day 3:
Legs, Rock wall/Cardio, Core

repeat....resting 1-2 days a week.

i think i've hit a plateau though....anyone suggest an alternative method to get me outta this plateau?
Old 01-18-2008, 03:26 PM
Get_Zwole

first off i wouldnt work my abs every day in the gym if i were you. They are just like any other muscle you can overtrain them i never work abs anymore. Deadlifts etc. are more then enough for my core to stay strong as heck. Change your routine up completely if you wanna shock the muscles into new growth. Im talking the hole thing. New exercises different days etc. You should start to see some new growth. http://dc-training.blogspot.com/ a routine that i recommend to people wanting to get serious about gaining mass and strength. Its proven to work with hundreds of people and the guy that created it dante whom i know personally is a phenominal trainer. If you wanna give it a try and have any questions shoot me a pm ill be more then happy to help ya out.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:29 PM
Justin07Z

Originally Posted by dhwang80
if you want six pack abs...they say diet is the most important. most people assume to do a bunch of ab workouts. That helps...but showing off that rectus abdominus. You gotta sacrifice that fat.

just to start us off...
my routine:
day 1:
Chest, triceps, core
Day 2:
Shoulders, Back, Biceps, core
Day 3:
Legs, Rock wall/Cardio, Core

repeat....resting 1-2 days a week.

i think i've hit a plateau though....anyone suggest an alternative method to get me outta this plateau?
You are correct, diet is easily 80% of the equation. I consistently see guys lifting their asses off and getting half assed results.

My diet the past 3 months.

Zero liquids other than water, not even milk or juice.
2-3 cups of quality brown rice a day (yeah the stuff that takes 50 min to cook)
Chicken breasts
lean ground sirloin
tuna
Myoplex in water, 2 per day
Nitro tech post workout
Nitrix pre workout
bananas and apples
TONS of unsalted trader joes almonds
few veggies, that's my fault
Cook everything in olive oil
natural pb n organic jelly on wheat

Keeping in mind I'm a seasoned lifter (I'm 27 and started at 17), I am now weighing in at 210 with about 8% BF. I'm 6'3".

My recommendation to you is go to a advanced, bodybuilding split like the following: You NEED to train hard though, because you only get one shot to get each bodypart trashed. (you only train each BP once per week)

Sunday: Legs
Monday: Chest, Abs
Tuesday: Back
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: Shoulders, Abs
Friday: Arms
Saturday: OFF

Get 7-9 hours of sleep a night, minimize partying and alcohol. And enjoy the results!

Not to be a complete showoff, or gay, or whatever, but below is a pic taken this week. I've competed once before at age 23, and plan on a natural show this fall. I've never taken a steroid, GH, insulin in my life. Never will.

Old 01-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Justin07Z

Originally Posted by 2006350zSA
first off i wouldnt work my abs every day in the gym if i were you. They are just like any other muscle you can overtrain them i never work abs anymore. Deadlifts etc. are more then enough for my core to stay strong as heck. Change your routine up completely if you wanna shock the muscles into new growth. Im talking the hole thing. New exercises different days etc. You should start to see some new growth. http://dc-training.blogspot.com/ a routine that i recommend to people wanting to get serious about gaining mass and strength. Its proven to work with hundreds of people and the guy that created it dante whom i know personally is a phenominal trainer. If you wanna give it a try and have any questions shoot me a pm ill be more then happy to help ya out.
Good advice, I train abs hard and heavy and never more than twice a week, and I consider them one of my stronger bodyparts. I like declne rotating situps and leg raises. None of those girly, half-assed crunches that don't do anything....
Old 01-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Sensi09
Sponsor
Works Concepts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Justin, keep up the good work.

Do you usually stay at ~210lbs and 8% or did you cut down to that weight?
Old 01-18-2008, 05:56 PM
Justin07Z

Originally Posted by Sensi09
Justin, keep up the good work.

Do you usually stay at ~210lbs and 8% or did you cut down to that weight?
Thanks bud. To be honest, I used to fall into the category that *most* bodybuilders do. You know, you're either dieting for a show/summer, or "getting big." I've been over 230 twice, once at age 22, and another last spring of 07.

I had a gut check (no pun intended hehe) and realized that if I was as dedicated as I claimed to be, then I would get on a gaining program and eat all healthy food. Let me tell you what, when dieting, you're not anabolic anymore (or not as much as when you're gaining rapidly) so you have less of an appetite. But when making good muscle gains, eating 3500+ calories a day of clean food is a difficult task. But the results speak for themselves.

I started middle of September at a weight of a measly 190 (I ran and lifted all summer and lost a ton of weight). And I've put on 20 lbs, of which about 18-19 are muscle. Based on BF %. I was closer to 6-7% at the end of the summer.

My point is, why gain size just to be "big?" Like most people do. The irony is that most my buds/guys at the gym think I look like I'm 230 now, I'm holding the same, if not more muscle now than I did at 230, so I'm happy.

The goal is 220 at sigle digit BF %, then cut to a shredded 205-210 for a show. We'll see.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:07 PM
k6750gsxr

Originally Posted by Justin07Z
Thanks bud. To be honest, I used to fall into the category that *most* bodybuilders do. You know, you're either dieting for a show/summer, or "getting big." I've been over 230 twice, once at age 22, and another last spring of 07.

I had a gut check (no pun intended hehe) and realized that if I was as dedicated as I claimed to be, then I would get on a gaining program and eat all healthy food. Let me tell you what, when dieting, you're not anabolic anymore (or not as much as when you're gaining rapidly) so you have less of an appetite. But when making good muscle gains, eating 3500+ calories a day of clean food is a difficult task. But the results speak for themselves.

I started middle of September at a weight of a measly 190 (I ran and lifted all summer and lost a ton of weight). And I've put on 20 lbs, of which about 18-19 are muscle. Based on BF %. I was closer to 6-7% at the end of the summer.

My point is, why gain size just to be "big?" Like most people do. The irony is that most my buds/guys at the gym think I look like I'm 230 now, I'm holding the same, if not more muscle now than I did at 230, so I'm happy.

The goal is 220 at sigle digit BF %, then cut to a shredded 205-210 for a show. We'll see.

you look great man ..... i can tell that pic was right before or after a show.... your holding no water at all..... so im assuming you were dehydrated or you have been carb cycling before and your body was drained out ..... either way you are looking great ....
Old 01-18-2008, 06:21 PM
Justin07Z

Originally Posted by k6750gsxr
you look great man ..... i can tell that pic was right before or after a show.... your holding no water at all..... so im assuming you were dehydrated or you have been carb cycling before and your body was drained out ..... either way you are looking great ....
Believe it or not, that was just this past Tuesday, and I was in my normal eating/drinking. Just under a gallon of water a day. That was post workout though, which sweats out a bit of subcutaneous water, and I take nitrix, which increases vascularity, so those probably both helped to make me look leaner than I am. Thanks for the nice comments though. And I like blabbing on the topic, so if anyone has any questions, etc, I'd have no problems offering any advice I know.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:59 PM
Get_Zwole

ive done 2 shows. also done powerlifting and strongman competitions. As i get a little olderi dont care as much about bodyfat. I try to stay right around 12% thats perfect for me ive been over 260 before but i ruptured my longhead biceps and was out for about 5 months. now im about 30 pounds lighter and fatter lol i let myself get way outta wack. But im back in it heavy and am loving eveyr minute of it. I have enough mass on me most of the year i could cut and do a show if i wanted but i got that outta the way and dont care for dieting that strict carb cycling sodium loading dieretics etc. I just love to get as strong and big as i possibly can .
Old 01-18-2008, 07:07 PM
Get_Zwole

oh and justin you look good bud keep up the hard work man lookin really nice. consistancy and diet and consistancy with diet are key lol. good points to justin i sure hope we get this forum. fingers crossed
Old 01-18-2008, 07:29 PM
Justin07Z

Hehe thanks bud, you sound like a big fella there. And 12% is still a very respectable BF %. That's most people's really lean. 260 is impressive, what are your best lifts? I quasi did powerlifting back when I first got to 230 in college. With no wraps, belt, gloves, etc, and using a mixed grip, I pulled 445 2-3 times, I forget. I don't deadlift at all now, but I miss it. No exercise is as effective as th deadlift for overall body mass, strength, and power.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:34 PM
Get_Zwole

i got over 555 on my best squat havent been able to do heavy squats in years due to shoulder. Best bench flat no shirt or anything was 495 for 2 second rep was kinda half ***. I cant really do barbell anymore same thign my shoulder still hurts. Deads ive broke 600 once but havent been able to do it again i think it was just a freak day. Got me a trophy though . I use all dumbells for bench now im not very strong right now on chest etc just getting back into it heavy. but last year i was repping 155's for 6 to 8 reps. thanks for the kind words in a few weeks to a month ill post some pics when i finally start putting some size back on .
Old 01-18-2008, 07:36 PM
Get_Zwole

ps im about 15 to 16% bodyfat now i didnt mention but it'll take me couple months to get that down al ittle then ill really start bulking again . I love bulking season gonna try to break 270 this year.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:37 PM
Get_Zwole

thats some good deadlift numbers too bromy grip is so weak now from not lifting i would prob need strats after 315 lol. I never use a belt anymore. Not even when going heavy im actually stronger and my back feels better without one. I think some people use them just because they see it alot with the bigger guys. Hell i saw a guy go in the gym and wear one for chest bi's and tri" lol i was laughing the only time ive used one was heavy *** deads or squats. Oh and i agree with the deadlift is best exercise i cant preach enough to people to do them. My favorite lift ever. People ask whats your bench i ask a real mans question whats your deadlift hehe. rack pulls or deads really thickin out my back and traps. Have you tried those justin? i didnt know why you quit d'ling? injurys?
Old 01-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Justin07Z

Wow dude! Those numbers are waaayy better than I've ever done hehe. I only do incline barbell now, not sure what I can max at, as I dont ever go below 5 reps. My body structure is not too fond of maxing out. I have good lungs though, and can pound out 20 rep breathing squats like no ones business hehe.

To be honest on the Deads, I'm not sure why I dont do them anymore, last I was doing them was about a year ago, and Id just do reg overhand grip with 2 plates for sets of 12 with a shrug at the top of each rep (ala Mike Mentzer). I read that blog link you posted and that is some good info. The majority of my training over the years has been towards the heavy duty camp, mike mentzer, dorian yates, etc, etc. But to be honest, my body has been responding ridiculously well to extreme volume. I'm talking like 30 sets for each bodypart....just blast them once a week and come back the next making pretty good gains. I might have to give that routine a try though, it looks promising. I've tried superslow, heavy duty, and many other forms of that style, one set to failure training. It does work well.
Old 01-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Get_Zwole

yeah everything is def. different for everybody. I personally grow best of heavy heavy *** reps under 8 for about 3 sets i never go above 8 reps unless i plateau and have to switch it up. That dc is great man give it a shot if you need help understanding it ill be happy to explain it a little more kinda hard to understand at first. Your basically hitting everybody part every 4 days and you go up progressivly in strength. Its great im doing it right now and strength is coming back every week i love it.

Quick Reply: Bodybuilding Section