Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.
View Poll Results: MY350Z.COM overrun by trolls?
Yes
58.49%
No
30.19%
What's a troll?
11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Has MY350Z.COM become overrun with trolls?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003, 09:23 AM
Jill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by joust75
Just ignore em. Its not as if they can do any real damage. If you see something, just report it to a mod. Best thing to do in the mean time is ignore the post. Nothing enrages a troll more than not being acknowledged!
Thank you, I agree.
Old 06-25-2003, 10:52 AM
duc996

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't we all just get along?

Old 06-25-2003, 10:54 AM
WashUJon

Notice the graph. I wonder how many voters are truly being honest in their beliefs.
Old 06-25-2003, 11:50 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Yeah, kind of interesting results so far.
Old 06-26-2003, 02:11 AM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

You guys are just trying to scare me. Trolls aren't real, and there are definitely none of them posting on this site. Right?
Old 06-26-2003, 05:47 AM
WashUJon

Why don't we create a forum just for the trolls and call it "Under the Bridge". That way they'd be contained and content.

lol
Old 06-26-2003, 08:25 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by nbdyfcnsqnc
You guys are just trying to scare me. Trolls aren't real, and there are definitely none of them posting on this site. Right?
Trolls are real alright. No need to worry though, it appears they've all traded in their spiky clubs for internet connections.
Old 06-26-2003, 08:38 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
Trolls are real alright. No need to worry though, it appears they've all traded in their spiky clubs for internet connections.
I'm sorry, but that's just too funny!
Old 06-26-2003, 06:18 PM
r34 racer

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

May i bring it to everyone's attention that none of the trolls have posted here yet? Interesting....
Old 06-26-2003, 08:22 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Whoops!!!!!.......i made a boo-boo when i said they were civil over at ls1.com......check out this thread.......here is where you can see how they really feel about the Z......regardless of what they say about being "car enthusiasts".......some of the handles are all too familiar

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=318177

apparently it's common knowledge over there that they come here to stir up sh*t
Old 06-27-2003, 04:58 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Some of the guys there are total jerks, but not all of them. I used to be a regular over there when I still owned my Camaro, and my husband still is. These guys can be pretty merciless when it comes to anything but their precious cars. And I REALLY don't mean that to offend anyone, but some of those guys think their car is God and no one can argue with it. (Not to say we don't have that over here, either.)

But really, who cares? I know the F-Bodies are designed for cheap straight line power and the Z is designed for handling with some good power to move it. Besides, they aren't even making F-bodies anymore, so if you want a 5.7 litre LS1 (I say that because LS1s come in Chevy trucks, as well), you have to go buy a Vette.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:15 AM
AutoXJunkie

But hey... what would the forum experience be without trolls??
Old 06-27-2003, 05:53 AM
WashUJon

Whoops!!!!!.......i made a boo-boo when i said they were civil over at ls1.com......check out this thread.......here is where you can see how they really feel about the Z......regardless of what they say about being "car enthusiasts".......some of the handles are all too familiar

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread...hreadid=318177

Wow. Some of those names ARE familiar. I guess my attitude of "benefit-of-the-doubt" may have to be re-evaluated.

Some of these guys act like its their duty to protect the good name of their automobile by coming here and thwarting any evil comments Z owners may state. My take on this is, so what if a Z owner is full of it? Its our site. Most of us will know when someone is lying. Most of us are realistic. Most of us know are cars are not the fastest in the world, myself included. Many of us have owned faster cars, myself included. Who cares what someone else says on someone else's site? I don't even care what these guys say on THEIR site, but it does show me how some of them do come here to start trouble while in the guise of protecting some kind of machismo honor system.

Here's a comment from that thread that particularly disgusted me:

"Someone ought to go over there with a new id and a fake sig pretending to own one of those things and talk about getting greased by every stock LS1 in town. That would be truly funny. Then, when they call b.s. on his death stories, he could lay some real knowledge on them about chevy power!"

Last edited by WashUJon; 06-27-2003 at 06:05 AM.
Old 06-27-2003, 08:53 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by WashUJon
Here's a comment from that thread that particularly disgusted me:

"Someone ought to go over there with a new id and a fake sig pretending to own one of those things and talk about getting greased by every stock LS1 in town. That would be truly funny. Then, when they call b.s. on his death stories, he could lay some real knowledge on them about chevy power!"

Yup. Wasn't that great? I particluarly enjoyed taking note of those who openly said over there that their main purpose here is to give us a hard time. Yes, I took notes, and will be watching their posts from now on.
Old 06-27-2003, 09:51 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by 350zSpeedRacer
Yup. Wasn't that great? I particluarly enjoyed taking note of those who openly said over there that their main purpose here is to give us a hard time. Yes, I took notes, and will be watching their posts from now on.
Yeah, when i found that thread it made me sick......especially after i had made that comment about what a civil forum they had over there.

There are a couple of guys that seem to be here out of a desire to learn about the car.....but unfortunately, the majority of them are not.

I like that one comment from that guy that said were all a bunch of "rich wanna-be's".....LMAO......i never realized buying the Z would put me in a new tax bracket
Old 06-27-2003, 10:12 AM
WashUJon

I like that one comment from that guy that said were all a bunch of "rich wanna-be's".....LMAO......i never realized buying the Z would put me in a new tax bracket
Yeah, that struck a "wtf?" cord in me, as well. My Z came to just under 30k before taxes, et al. I'm pretty glad that I spent relatively low bucks for such a great sports car. I wanted a two seater with some talent all-around for not too much money and that's exactly what I got. I, personally, didn't buy the Z to brag about it or think I had some rich-man's car. That's retarded. If I wanted front the pseudo-rich image, I'd have bought a Bimmer or something else more expensive and with a much larger loan. Instead, I tried to SAVE as much money as possible, so I can go buy a condominium somewhere and not be completely broke while still enjoying a great sports car.
Old 06-27-2003, 05:20 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by 350zSpeedRacer
You're a damn good Mod........they looked a little surprised when they found out you had a cookie to their site too
Old 06-27-2003, 05:59 PM
Last WS6

I think the troll ratio is pretty low on this site. You only had a problem at first. But know since most of your kill stories sound the same. And the track times are out. People stopped comming.

I bounce in to check on the track times.
Old 06-27-2003, 06:25 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

I can tell you're not here to cause trouble.....i've never seen you type anything bad.......if all the domestic guys that are here would follow your example, our forum would be a lot nicer place

I think the bottom line is, they don't care what happens here because this isn't their forum.....if they get banned it's no big deal to them
Old 06-27-2003, 07:38 PM
nbdyfcnsqnc
350Z-holic

Now it seems like we don't have enough trolls.

Quick Reply: Has MY350Z.COM become overrun with trolls?