Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.
View Poll Results: MY350Z.COM overrun by trolls?
Yes
58.49%
No
30.19%
What's a troll?
11.32%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Has MY350Z.COM become overrun with trolls?

Old 06-24-2003, 06:51 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has MY350Z.COM become overrun with trolls?

What do you think?
Old 06-24-2003, 06:59 AM
350zSpeedRacer

I think the forum's become over run with useless polls. (Just messin' with ya.)

But seriously, when you're one of the largest sites for info on our car, it's only natural that other people will show up to check it out. And with the nonZ owners, come a small amount of trolls, who are trolls no matter what site they're on.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:09 AM
jleighZ

I read on other boards and constantly see people slamming this site and railing on the Z.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:12 AM
toykilla

not overrun with trolls,
but overrun with polls..
Old 06-24-2003, 07:16 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

I think when you can't praise the Z on a site about the Z, there's a problem.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:24 AM
toykilla

do you suggest we ban everyone that isnt in love with the z?

i think a volley of attacks on eachothers cars is rather entertaining sometimes. its all just friendly fighting.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:32 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by jleighZ
I read on other boards and constantly see people slamming this site and railing on the Z.
The other boards I've read, where people seem to like to do this, are usually the ones that the Z can easily whoop up on. LOL Some people just have to make themselves feel better about their cars and the only way they can do it is to pick on our lovely (not to mention decently mean, all things considered) Zs. Kinda sad when you think about it. These people are living lies and they think it's perfectly normal.

Example: The Honda Civic that blew by my on a highway not very long ago. He must have thought I was racing him or something, because he turned on his flashers after he passed. Now I know he's told all his little Civic buddies that he beat a Z, but that's a pretty easy thing to do when I WASN'T EVEN TRYING! LOL
Old 06-24-2003, 07:32 AM
WashUJon

Who's stopping anyone from praising the Z?

I love the Z! I love MY Z! The Z RULES!!!

Old 06-24-2003, 07:36 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

The only reason it's friendly is because of the miles of phone lines seperating us. If it wasn't for that, this would be the WWF. I could be wrong, but i thought this site was meant to be a source of information.

I don't suggest a ban of everyone that doesn't love the Z, but i'd like to see some kind of standard of etiquette enforced.
Old 06-24-2003, 07:37 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by 350zSpeedRacer

Example: The Honda Civic that blew by my on a highway not very long ago. He must have thought I was racing him or something, because he turned on his flashers after he passed. Now I know he's told all his little Civic buddies that he beat a Z, but that's a pretty easy thing to do when I WASN'T EVEN TRYING! LOL
That happened to me ALL the time in my VR-4, especially after I de-badged it. Those idiots would drive up next to me while it was late at night and I was half asleep and they'd check me out while I ignored them. Then they'd hit it and take off down the road. Sometimes they'd slow down and wait for me to catch up as I was loping along at the speed limit. Half the time they'd laugh at me or scream at me for no reason. If I cared enough, I'd destroy them at the next light out of spite and then continue to ignore them. If it came to that (didn't happen often), they usually tucked tail and turned off the road. It hasn't happened to me yet in the Z, though. I just get angry glances from those guys now. God knows why...
Old 06-24-2003, 07:40 AM
WashUJon

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
The only reason it's friendly is because of the miles of phone lines seperating us. If it wasn't for that, this would be the WWF. I could be wrong, but i thought this site was meant to be a source of information.

I don't suggest a ban of everyone that doesn't love the Z, but i'd like to see some kind of standard of etiquette enforced.
What happened to you, dude? I haven't seen anything so awful. Who's doing this? Are you being general here, or are there specific perpetrators that you might want to mention?

Old 06-24-2003, 08:08 AM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by WashUJon
What happened to you, dude? I haven't seen anything so awful. Who's doing this? Are you being general here, or are there specific perpetrators that you might want to mention?

just for kicks, i took a trip over to LS1.com, expecting to see a veritable roasting of the Z.......i didn't see that at all......in fact, i found a thread where a bunch of LS1er's were praising the Murano, and the FX45!!!!

I noticed how uncluttered the site was with trash-talking. I dunno, maybe i just caught it on a good day. But it made me wonder why my350z.com couldn't be just as civil.

Try it out. Post anything about "350z beats 'insert any car here' ". Watch what happens. That's the kind of thing i'm talking about. I just think it's gotten a little out of hand.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:40 AM
toykilla

There is already 20+ thousand members at this site.. pretty good for a car that is only a few months old.

With that many people, you are bound to attract haters. Let them shout all they want IMO. Beat them on the street, not on the board.

I love my car. But at the same time i want to know what other people think about it, likes or dislikes.

There are people that do not like lamborghinis. There are people who hate just to hate, and argue just for the sake of argueing.

I think you are taking some stuff too seriuosly. I make fun of my friends ss camaro all the time to his face and he openly returns the favor on my car. We are both just having fun at each others expense. Ive got a ricer and hes got a poor mans (aka mullet mans) corvette.

If you dont like what is being said just dont read it. I just dont want to see this site become "over regulated". As soon as this place becomes communistic I will leave.

Life is too short to complain about silly stuff like this. ( yeah i know its to short for me to be complaining about your complaining )

oh well your opinion is yours so do what you will with it
Old 06-24-2003, 10:06 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Every forum has its trolls. Moderators try to catch them as fast as they can but sometimes they miss a few. It's part of being in a big community.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:22 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

Originally posted by elektrik_juggernaut
Try it out. Post anything about "350z beats 'insert any car here' ". Watch what happens. That's the kind of thing i'm talking about. I just think it's gotten a little out of hand.
350Z beats <car>?

No, worse. I posted how I lost to a camaro by a carlength (while he had a passenger) and I got trolled on by these complexed individuals that need to go out and get laid once in a while but are apparently unsure about their short ground wire

I was told that the guy must have been playing with me, and that I was having a "wet dream."

Very out of hand.
Old 06-24-2003, 04:35 PM
rouxeny

Actually, there are many less trolls now than there used to be.
Old 06-24-2003, 08:03 PM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by rouxeny
Yes, which is why people should stop complaining about it.
Old 06-24-2003, 09:49 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Originally posted by rouxeny
Could it be that the same amount of trolls are here, but that the number of genuine Z enthusiasts has increased? In the short time that i've been here, i can't say i've seen any of them go away......although i have seen some of them change their user names
Old 06-24-2003, 11:05 PM
joust75

Just ignore em. Its not as if they can do any real damage. If you see something, just report it to a mod. Best thing to do in the mean time is ignore the post. Nothing enrages a troll more than not being acknowledged!
Old 06-25-2003, 02:33 AM
tbcz

Originally posted by joust75
Just ignore em. Its not as if they can do any real damage. If you see something, just report it to a mod. Best thing to do in the mean time is ignore the post. Nothing enrages a troll more than not being acknowledged!
Excellent advice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Has MY350Z.COM become overrun with trolls?