Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

We need Catagories for racing!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2003, 04:08 PM
12SecZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default We need Catagories for racing!

1. Sponsored Cars
2. Privately owned cars (your money and time)
3. Daily Driver Street Legal
4. Off Road Only trailored
5. Location, track and heat and humidity.
6. Auto or Manual.

Even better most forums have a 13 second club 12 second club and even an 11 second club section. Perhaps the almight Glorp can combine all of this into 4 catagories instead of ten to keep the site lean and mean. I think the current Racing catagorey is more trash talk % wise than anything else and at my other forum these posts would go to a " Road Kills" type section because it saves time. Why? Well most legal track racers do not race on the road therefore would skip over any unsanctioned unvarifyable "road kill story." This forum is great aqnd is getting better all the time so please take this as feedback not a complaint. I want to see it get even better! I thin kwe should even donate 2 bucks each to go towards memory, a faster CPU a bigger hard drive or whatever is causing the latest slowdowns, I would send in 2 bucks because I consider this site a priveledge not a a right. That being said;

I think to say you have the fastest Z is VERY cool and impressive and to list what cars you have beat is nice but not everyone wants to read that, it doesn't give the big picture for the majority of our forum readers and posters and the Sponsors and Vendors they buy from. Sure for a one time record that will always be beat (you will never remain fastest records were made to be broken ) that is cool but as we progress long term and more mods get more resoanablly priced and others see us mod without damage and are encouraged to try our mods we should have SPECIFIC catagories.

As an example, in California alone it's 103 degrees and the track prep sucks in Sac. However at Sears Point 90 minutes West from me by the ocean it's 15 degrees cooler and the track prep is excellent. They claim to have the fastest track in around and it's been completly redone with the first 60 feet all b eing concrete! You see the prediciment?

Who knows what the track is like in Southern CA and this is just ONE state we are talking about not the entire USA or even other Countries! Another thing, California does not alllow long tube headers or ORP's (Off Road Pipes no cats) some states do giving that state the advantage in the 1/4 mile!

To be a fair race both cars would have to be at the same track at the same time and both be street legal or off road for that states applicable laws anyone else agree? Then the drive becomes more of a factor and not the conditions of the track and the atmosphere and whether they are street legal or not. Sac Raceway is higly dedicated to NHRA rules and safety. If it turns out a 13 second car (street legal) lines up against a Off Road 9 second vehicle in staging they *will not* let these two cars race. They let the faster car go and everyone gets to gather around and takes pics and videos while the other car remains pre staged (it's fun!) Then you do your run w/o distraction and still get your time slip! www.nhra.com

Comparing a trailered in car in 75 degree weather with excellent track prep to a car that drove in on it's own legally with 30 minutes of track prep isn't realistic for the big picture and doesn't help others it just sets a record that will be beaten. I would like to propose the above with others encouragent.

I have allot of mods but my car is a daily driver.

My ATI Pro Charger goes in next week but should I retain my N20 with a 50 shot just for .2 more tenths and the risk of engine damage just to say I am the fastest Z? Plus my buddy has HIS Pro Charger coming but has a lighter car and it's a 6MT and he will be using different tires. So this PROMOTES competition not discourages it, and it's SAFE competition!

I'm VERY excited in seeing what the Off Road trailered Z will do after it is modified (the guy that is keeping everything secret comes to mind he will probably break 11's.) That will be a great time and fun to watch but sort of anticlimatic if you don't share with the board how you got there other than "a 150ish shot" that "blew your plugs." After he breaks in to the 11's he could post in the 11 second forum and share info. Anyonw who wants to stay in the 12's or even 13's could follow their own respective groups. It really makes for a better navagational experience and may reduce bandwith (seriuosly.)

I'm not taking pot shots please don't read it wrong a win is a win I am trying to lay down some ideas for the Admin to consider so we all don't blow our engines trying to be "the fastest Z." Take the idea and run with it Mike, see what you come up with.

Thanks for your time

Max

(shooting for a consisentent 12.0 goal but may need some TC work and cooling)
Old 07-21-2003, 04:50 PM
elektrik_juggernaut

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree.......there's a big difference between the cars out there now.......i can't compete with corporate sponsorship, i'm just not that wealthy........but joe schmoe is the man to beat