Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Where is Jim@Showstoppers??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 10:43 AM
IB Adrian
IB Staff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Showstoppers were removed as a vendor based on a number of violations of my350z's terms of use, concerns raised by users about their product delivery and quality.
It was a decision made with feedback from people here that we felt it wasn't in the best interest of the my350Z community to maintain them as a sponsor.

Apologizes if it has affected you in the meantime, they have been granted access to the site for PM purposes to close out existing deals(although, they were instructed specifically not to post)
Old 02-18-2009, 10:50 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by IB Adrian
Showstoppers were removed as a vendor based on a number of violations of my350z's terms of use, concerns raised by users about their product delivery and quality.
It was a decision made with feedback from people here that we felt it wasn't in the best interest of the my350Z community to maintain them as a sponsor.

Apologizes if it has affected you in the meantime, they have been granted access to the site for PM purposes to close out existing deals(although, they were instructed specifically not to post)

well, the drama stories had really started to pile up again....so props to IB
Old 02-18-2009, 11:17 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Adrian, I'd like for you to point out the TOU rules we violated. I'd also like to know what questions have been raised about product "quality". From my understanding there are plenty of other shops who offer the exact same products as we do and yet they remain a vendor (Seibon, Mastergrade, Tanabe, Injen, Rays,and Asuka are the only products we offered).

I'm glad you brought up the "feedback" of members on the forum. We have 200+ (97%) positive feedbacks on My350z, g35driver, and Myg37 from those who chose to leave feedback(most never leave feedback if good but always leave it if bad). We have a total of 7 negative feedbacks, 6 coming from My350z and 1 coming from G35driver. I can sit here and put other vendor names who have also received negative Itrader feedback and have received negative threads...yet they continue to vendor.

Of all those negative feedbacks on our Itrader rating all are from damage claims. I've said it countless times and I'll say it again, we can NOT be liable for the carriers negligence. Those who have received damaged goods have agreed that we package everything VERY well. And of the 7 negative feedbacks, every customer has received a FULL refund or a FREE replacement part and in most cases has actually returned to purchase MORE parts from our store. I'd say atleast 95% of the goods we sell on this site are carbon fiber and as we all know carbon fiber is extremley fragile. We are clearly the place to go for carbon fiber and thus why we have more goods damaged during transit then other shops.

I can sit here all day and argue all of the good things we have done for this forum, but those who actually frequent the site should know this (despite your efforts in deleting ALL of my previous threads and posts). In the end, the only people you are hurting by removing us as a vendor are the people you claim to be "protecting".

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 02-18-2009 at 11:32 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Originally Posted by Germanguy
bad joke, he said shipping takes 3-4 weeks.. now they are nearly 50.. and i dont get a message from him.
I thought it was funny..
Old 02-18-2009, 11:41 AM
intense660

bump
Old 02-18-2009, 11:43 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Good question. I'd love for someone to come in here and tell the truth to the members of the forum as to why we were removed from vendor status.

Alex- Our PM has now been limited drastically. I'll clear my PM's now.
Originally Posted by intense660
bump
Looks like in this thread
Old 02-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Jon70ProofZ

Of all those negative feedbacks on our Itrader rating all are from damage claims. I've said it countless times and I'll say it again, we can NOT be liable for the carriers negligence. Those who have received damaged goods have agreed that we package everything VERY well. And of the 7 negative feedbacks, every customer has received a FULL refund or a FREE replacement part and in most cases has actually returned to purchase MORE parts from our store. I'd say atleast 95% of the goods we sell on this site are carbon fiber and as we all know carbon fiber is extremley fragile. We are clearly the place to go for carbon fiber and thus why we have more goods damaged during transit then other shops.
there are others on this site who ship carbon fiber all the time, I hope they don't mind me using their name but CRG and EVO-R have no complaints on here that I can find. My problem wasn't that it was damaged but that it took chuck so long to file the claims forms with your shipping company, after he told me more than 5 times that he had sent in the forms, your shipping company told me that they still didn't have any paperwork as of Jan 26th. I did eventually received my refund but almost two months after I originally paid Showstoppers. Like I said I have no problems with Jim, just with the company he works for and his boss.

Last edited by Jon70ProofZ; 02-18-2009 at 11:52 AM.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:50 AM
350z-Jason

Originally Posted by Jon70ProofZ
there are others on this site who ship carbon fiber all the time, I hope they don't mind me using their name but CRG and EVO-R have no complaints on here that I can find. My problem wasn't that it was damaged but that it took chuck so long to file the claims forms with your shipping company, after he told me more than 5 times that he had sent in the forms, your shipping company told me that they still didn't have any paperwork as of Jan 26th. I did eventually received my refund but almost two months after I originally paid Showstoppers. Like I said I have no problems with Jim, just with the company he works for.
+1. 4 and a half months of the worst communication ever to get my refund.
if they actually called you back, or emailed you back or pm'd you back after you sent money... i would say it was an honest mistake they had no control over. but the shear lack of communication was so bad that i blame them.
Old 02-18-2009, 11:51 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Maybe IB does care..
Old 02-18-2009, 11:53 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Maybe IB does care..
About what?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:01 PM
Get_Zwole

Originally Posted by blasian
About what?
Old 02-18-2009, 12:09 PM
TBDesigns
Banned

Adrian, I'd like for you to point out the TOU rules we violated. I'd also like to know what questions have been raised about product "quality". From my understanding there are plenty of other shops who offer the exact same products as we do and yet they remain a vendor (Seibon, Mastergrade, Tanabe, Injen, Rays,and Asuka are the only products we offered).

I'm glad you brought up the "feedback" of members on the forum. We have 200+ (97%) positive feedbacks on My350z, g35driver, and Myg37 from those who chose to leave feedback(most never leave feedback if good but always leave it if bad). We have a total of 7 negative feedbacks, 6 coming from My350z and 1 coming from G35driver. I can sit here and put other vendor names who have also received negative Itrader feedback and have received negative threads...yet they continue to vendor.

I can sit here all day and argue all of the good things we have done for this forum, but those who actually frequent the site should know this (despite your efforts in deleting ALL of my previous threads and posts). In the end, the only people you are hurting by removing us as a vendor are the people you claim to be "protecting".
I agree there is a few other vendors here that have way more bad rep then showstoppers I've personally order quite a few products from them without any problems. All the threads where someone has a problem Jim is always responding to them in the thread trying to get the problem fixed and with some other vendors they won't even respond to your post or pm about a product and once they see the thread asking what's up is when you get a pm from them asking to remove the thread and they will take care of it or they get the people they are good with to post and to make them look good cause they got a few buddies. But there is a few buyers that have their panties so far up their **** they make a big deal out of it cause something happen and they can't wait. I'm sure posting 20+ threads of rant and rave is worthy of a ban also isn't it?

Last edited by TBDesigns; 02-18-2009 at 12:12 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

IB basically told Showstoppers "NEGATIVE GHOST RIDER THE PATTERN IS FULL"!!!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:29 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Originally Posted by TBDesigns
I agree there is a few other vendors here that have way more bad rep then showstoppers I've personally order quite a few products from them without any problems. All the threads where someone has a problem Jim is always responding to them in the thread trying to get the problem fixed and with some other vendors they won't even respond to your post or pm about a product and once they see the thread asking what's up is when you get a pm from them asking to remove the thread and they will take care of it or they get the people they are good with to post and to make them look good cause they got a few buddies. But there is a few buyers that have their panties so far up their **** they make a big deal out of it cause something happen and they can't wait. I'm sure posting 20+ threads of rant and rave is worthy of a ban also isn't it?

Really?!!? I remember you being one of them!
Old 02-18-2009, 12:30 PM
LAKERSFAN

its about time............
Old 02-18-2009, 12:31 PM
TBDesigns
Banned

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
Notice the reason I quit
Old 02-18-2009, 12:33 PM
Get_Zwole

if you knew half the reasons tb had problems with that company you would be amazed, none of it was his fault.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:33 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

You may have quit, but you still have the history that follows you.

Not his fault when he posted way different prices compared to them. Right....
Old 02-18-2009, 12:35 PM
ni$mo350

Originally Posted by Germanguy
bad joke, he said shipping takes 3-4 weeks.. now they are nearly 50.. and i dont get a message from him.
Originally Posted by drewk
Why was he banned ?
I think that answers your question. Although I had good communication and experience with him and showstoppers, I feel horrible for those who were wronged by them. One story of good customer service doesn't outweigh all the horror stories out there. Best of luck to the OP. Your best bet is to file a complaint if you paid through paypal and check out the other vendors.
Old 02-18-2009, 12:36 PM
blasian

You may have quit, but you still have the history that follows you.

Not his fault when he posted way different prices compared to them. Right....
We're all sure you know the reason behind it too. Must have gotten a hold of their handbook

Quick Reply: Where is Jim@Showstoppers??