Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Sales@MastergradeMotorsport.com seller banned?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 06:41 PM
turismo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 03-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Jay'Z
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 03-15-2009, 07:41 PM
AstroZombie

I asked about the damaged Asuka hood the other day, and this is the PM i got in reply.... notice it's signed JIM???!!!!

Re: USED Damaged Double Sided Asuka Type 1 hood ! *RARE*
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroZombie
How much picked up??

$800 picked up

Jim
Old 03-15-2009, 07:54 PM
blasian

Technically it's two different companies but it was Jim.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:24 AM
Boozt

Matergrade Emailed me...."doesn't know why he was removed"? After reading all the above history I am worried I may be screwed but I did pay with PayPal which should help in the long run. Really, I just want my parts and I don't care about the other drama. I am trying for tracking numbers today so I will keep you all updated. BTW.....When I thought they were in Cali this was easier.....I am more than willing to drive down an beat some *** to get my parts, but Mini is a little far away.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:38 AM
blasian

Originally Posted by Boozt
BTW.....When I thought they were in Cali this was easier.....I am more than willing to drive down an beat some *** to get my parts, but Mini is a little far away.
They are in CA but Jim lives in MN.
Old 03-16-2009, 05:47 AM
Stogge

Jim is verrrrry sneaky...
Old 03-16-2009, 06:39 AM
Boozt

Update. Jim, Mastergrade, called me. He is the same Jim.....Changed companies.....blah, blah, blah...... I will track numbers today. I'll keep you posted, but as of now, seems to be ture blue.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:16 AM
eXe-Chris
Banned

To be honest the sales portion of any company is going to take the heat for the manufacturer and shipper. I personally don't think Jim is shady in the least and have ordered from him a few times and never had a problem. That being said a few close together problems have sort of blown up in his face and turned everyone against a otherwise excellent vendor. I feel for you guys with the problems and hope you all understand that Jim is just sales and isn't in CA shipping these products out or making them himself. Hope you all get your parts the way you want and Jim comes back soon.

P.S. I don't at all advocate someone ordering something 7 months ago and not being serviced yet...that's messed up but the recent guys I hope you all get your parts and come out on top.

I know I'm going against the grain here so I fully intend on getting flamed but I felt this needed to be said.

Last edited by eXe-Chris; 03-16-2009 at 07:18 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:18 AM
Clipdin
SHIFT_happens

Originally Posted by Boozt
Update. Jim, Mastergrade, called me. He is the same Jim.....Changed companies.....blah, blah, blah...... I will track numbers today. I'll keep you posted, but as of now, seems to be ture blue.
Now that that cat is out of the bag, here's what I got from him yesterday.

"1. YES, this is Jim formerly known as Jim@Showstoppers.
2. YES, I did quit showstoppers after all of the problems with customer service on the owners end.
3. YES, I did get hired by MastergradeMotorsports as a sales man.
4. YES, we were banned from My350z now because I had previously worked for Showstoppers.

Now if that constitutes banning a reputable manufacture and will ultimately cause Mastergrade to stop making new parts for the 350, that is all a matter of perception. I personally feel that Mastergrade has every right to hire whatever employees that they choose."

Make your own conclusions.

In his defense, I have to say that as soon as I heard that his vendor account was banned I shot him a quick email asking what's up, but immediately started a paypal claim. I probably should have at least given him the chance to reply to my email before laying down the paypal claim, but we all tend to make quick (and possibly rash) decisions when we think we might be getting scammed.

If this turns out well for all of us who have made a purchase from Mastergrade Motorsports, I'd hate to see a new vendor lose the opportunity to make sales from this website just because Jim has jumped ship.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:10 AM
iStan
ZR

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Clipdin
I personally feel that Mastergrade has every right to hire whatever employees that they choose."
Yes. Jim's working for Mastergrade. Last time I checked, I drove to Mastergrade to get my things. I don't know where the hell Showstoppers is and really don't care seeing as to how I never dealt with Showstoppers. So why the hell is a manufacturer getting banned? Because Jim (Who has never hid the fact he's in MN, instead lists where you can go Pickup Parts) is working for someone else?

So, if I go to work for Mastergrade, will I get the Ban?
Old 03-16-2009, 08:14 AM
Boba

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Business is based solely on trust between the two parties. If that trust is violated, it would be extremely hard for either side to regain that trust.

I can only feel sorry for Mastergrade for hiring such an employee, and like I stated, this whole drama is very fishy once again. The one and only way for Mastergrade to prove that they are an independent company not run by Jim and his partners is for them to post up their shop address or a tel. # for locals to check and confirm.

But anyways, I feel another heat of scam and drama coming in for the future. Again, future Mastergrade buyers, take precautions. No one understands Jim's business ethics better than a local who has been in his shop and talked to the people there personally.

For those who don't listen, don't tell me I didn't warn you (for the 3rd time).
I might sound a little harsh, but I'm just looking out for the community!~
Old 03-16-2009, 08:16 AM
Boba

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by iStan
Yes. Jim's working for Mastergrade. Last time I checked, I drove to Mastergrade to get my things. I don't know where the hell Showstoppers is and really don't care seeing as to how I never dealt with Showstoppers. So why the hell is a manufacturer getting banned? Because Jim (Who has never hid the fact he's in MN, instead lists where you can go Pickup Parts) is working for someone else?

So, if I go to work for Mastergrade, will I get the Ban?

In this case, I take my words back on my previous comment.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:20 AM
iStan
ZR

Originally Posted by Boba
Don't be surprised if "Mastergrade" is owned by jim and his "partner" in crime.

99.8% identical content in their Terms
http://www.showstoppersusa.com/terms.html
http://www.mastergrademotorsport.com/terms.html

Mastergrade's only contact info (on the bottom right hand corner of the website) is a mobile phone in Minneapolis. If i remember correctly, didn't Jim used to say on this board that he frequents Minnesota because that's where his faimly lived?

Why did Mastergrade sign up as a my350z all of a sudden?
First- Considering I've been to Mastergrade more times than probably anyone else. I garueentee you it is NOT owned by Jim or whatever partner in crime. However, last time I checked ShowStoppers is owned by Chuck, and Jim WAS an employee.

Second- Showstoppers was the First distributor of Mastergrade. Jim and I even helped Mastergrade get their website off the ground when the company was resurrected. Hence why the terms look similar.

Third- The contact number on the website is for California?

Forth-If I could find the damn TOU, posting someone's personal number is a violation.

fif (Iplead)- Mastergrade was already on. However, when IB banned Mastergrade's main distributor (Showstoppers), they had to sell somehow. There are barely a handful of distributors for MG.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:22 AM
iStan
ZR

Originally Posted by Boba
The one and only way for Mastergrade to prove that they are an independent company not run by Jim and his partners is for them to post up their shop address or a tel. # for locals to check and confirm.
The Shop number is listed on the website. I have the address and can give it to anyone who wants to go see it. I know quite a few members have been to the shop, but if someone wants to go on a recon mission let me know.

OR, I'll be heading to CA at the end of the Month, I can go take some myspace esq pictures at the shop, in the bathroom, under the machines, wrapped in CF if you like.

Last edited by iStan; 03-16-2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:30 AM
Jay'Z
Banned

Why would they hire someone out of state.. Dont make sense.....
Old 03-16-2009, 08:32 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Update, Jim is no longer working for mastergrade. I'm waiting to hear who will be taking over as the forum rep.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:33 AM
Stogge

Oooh, Wrapped in CF Please... LoL... No but, I don't see any real reason not to give Mastergrade a chance? I know, I would personally buy product from them, as it seems they have some parts that I want right now, at the right price... Look, if someone does enough transactions with customers, some blunders are going to happen, if no problems ever happened, there would be no need for us, in any of our professions. The integrity of a company is defined how they handle the situation when a problem occurs, Showstoppers=Fail, they dug their own grave, but I don't think that Mastergrade, as a company, has been given that chance yet... Just food for thought...

Last edited by Stogge; 03-16-2009 at 08:39 AM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:36 AM
Stogge

Originally Posted by Jay'Z
Why would they hire someone out of state.. Dont make sense.....
Specific Part Knowledge, Familiarity, and Previous Relationships I would assume... The oversight, on their part, was downplaying what it would mean to their relationship with my350z.com...
Old 03-16-2009, 08:38 AM
iStan
ZR

Originally Posted by Stogge
Specific Part Knowledge, and Previous Relationships I would assume... The oversight, on their part, was downplaying what it would mean to their relationship with my350z.com...
Jim makes an excellent candidate for sales because I really don't think anyone else who have his CF expertise.

Quick Reply: Sales@MastergradeMotorsport.com seller banned?