Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.
View Poll Results: Should my350z register with www.tapatalk.com? (Mobile vBulletin Interface)
Yes
94.96%
No
5.04%
Voters: 278. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: My350z.com and mobile vBulletin interface

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 10:24 AM
buzzardmountain

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

80 votes out of 596 views is pretty darn good if you ask me since a lot of people, myself included, have viewed this thread multiple times.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:39 AM
StillAlive2029

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT!!!!!!!! OMG IT IS SO TERRIBLE ON THE IPHONE TO JUST USE SAFARI FOR THIS FORUM, OR ANY FOR THAT MATTER!!!! THIS WOULD BE INCREDIBLE!! AND I MEAN I JUST GOT THE APP ANYWAYS AND THERE ARE A TON OF FORUMS ON THERE IN THE FIRST PLACE, AND I WOULD IMAGINE THAT ONCE YOU SET IT UP, YOUC AN PRETTY MUCH FORGET ABOUT IT AND THE PEOPLE THAT WANT TO USE IT CAN AND WILL!!! WITH SO MANY OTHER FORUMS USING IT IT FOR USRE HAS TO BE EASY TO PORT THIS IMFORTATION OVER!!!! MORE EFFORT FROM THE ADMINS!!!!

P.S. someone post a description of how to put the link in signature. Everyone should do it! We can get anything we set our minds to and this is one thing we should do!

Last edited by StillAlive2029; 03-28-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Old 03-29-2010, 07:31 PM
ATX350

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Changed my signature to bring notice to the demand. You all that voted should do the same.

"My350z.com staff, please add mobile access using Tapatalk.com!"
Old 03-29-2010, 08:42 PM
nismo_nate

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I haven't bought a app for a long time.. I'll buy this app if the forum uses it
Old 03-30-2010, 05:35 AM
DFW Z33
I am salad

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

P.S. someone post a description of how to put the link in signature. Everyone should do it! We can get anything we set our minds to and this is one thing we should do![/QUOTE]

To change your signature, just go to the UserCP link at the top of the page, then on the left hand side of that page there will be a signature link. Once you visit that link it should be pretty straight forward from there.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:42 PM
StillAlive2029

ok but how do you make the link say what you want, instead of the long url thing from the address bar? Of course I knew how to do that, seeing as I have a signature. Geez haha
Old 03-30-2010, 11:20 PM
DFW Z33
I am salad

Haha, my bad, i wasnt paying attention there. When editing your signature, you can click the insert html link button (the globe with a piece of chain). when you do, paste the url into the field that pops up. then once you click ok, type the message you want it to say in between the brackets. so in the code yours should look like:
Code:
[UR L="https://my350z.com/forum/my350z-com-feedback-suggestions-and-questions/477717-poll-my350z-com-and-mobile-vbulletin-interface.html"]YOUR MESSAGE HERE[/URL]
You can copy and paste that code into your signature if you want, just be sure to remove the space in the very first url tag, and change the YOUR MESSAGE HERE part to whatever message you would like it to say.

I hope that helps
Old 03-31-2010, 07:34 AM
ATX350

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DFW Z33
Haha, my bad, i wasnt paying attention there. When editing your signature, you can click the insert html link button (the globe with a piece of chain). when you do, paste the url into the field that pops up. then once you click ok, type the message you want it to say in between the brackets. so in the code yours should look like:
Code:
[UR L="https://my350z.com/forum/my350z-com-feedback-suggestions-and-questions/477717-poll-my350z-com-and-mobile-vbulletin-interface.html"]YOUR MESSAGE HERE[/URL]
You can copy and paste that code into your signature if you want, just be sure to remove the space in the very first url tag, and change the YOUR MESSAGE HERE part to whatever message you would like it to say.

I hope that helps
That didn't work for me. I received the following message when I tried.

You may not use the following vB codes in your signature: [img], [url],[list], [quote].
Old 03-31-2010, 08:12 AM
Waiz
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Voted

I actually prefer to view it in the current mode on my Iphone, but I would be open to something new.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:48 AM
DFW Z33
I am salad

Originally Posted by ATX350
That didn't work for me. I received the following message when I tried.

You may not use the following vB codes in your signature: [img], [url],[list],
thats interesting, i havent had that happen before. i know for sure i did mine by hitting the insert link button, so give that a try. if it still doesnt work maybe your signature is too long for a link, but i doubt it. :/

Last edited by DFW Z33; 04-01-2010 at 04:50 AM.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:04 AM
BeeAyche

Nice!!!
Old 04-03-2010, 08:35 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

96-1.

Keep it going. Lol.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:30 PM
StillAlive2029

whos the douche that had to vote no? is there even a reason to vote no? How could someone be against something that someone else may find useful?
Old 04-03-2010, 05:31 PM
*ICE*

Originally Posted by StillAlive2029
whos the douche that had to vote no? is there even a reason to vote no? How could someone be against something that someone else may find useful?
click on the number 1 to find out who did it, and send him gay **** images for voted no
Old 04-04-2010, 06:19 PM
DFW Z33
I am salad

Originally Posted by *ICE*
click on the number 1 to find out who did it, and send him gay **** images for voted no
bump for attention to the issue. the fact that we got 96 votes without any serious form of advertisement makes me wonder how many votes we would get if everyone knew about this. I am sure if the management could see that number, they wouldnt hesitate to register with Tapatalk.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:08 AM
Robb M.
IB Staff

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

We can see the number, and we are aware of the growing demand for mobile access to our forums.

However, we are not comfortable with installing a product that demands a cash payment from users in order to fully participate on the forums.

We are HARD at work on our own, mobile solution that will work on multiple platforms, give you FULL forum access including posting, and won't cost a cent.
This is our number one priority at the moment, believe me, as an iPhone user, I want it as badly as you all do.

cheers,
robb
Old 04-06-2010, 07:19 AM
synth19

Bottomline, IB has confirmed that they are working on their own mobile application for their forums. I think this is a reasonable answer.
Old 04-06-2010, 07:22 AM
gr8scott_o

Originally Posted by Robb M.
We can see the number, and we are aware of the growing demand for mobile access to our forums.

However, we are not comfortable with installing a product that demands a cash payment from users in order to fully participate on the forums.

We are HARD at work on our own, mobile solution that will work on multiple platforms, give you FULL forum access including posting, and won't cost a cent.
This is our number one priority at the moment, believe me, as an iPhone user, I want it as badly as you all do.

cheers,
robb
I see this as a positive move! Thanks for the announcement Robb. Just don't forget about your android brethren!

Posted from my Droid
Old 04-06-2010, 08:58 AM
*ICE*

cheers,
robb
thanks a lot IB. I thought Tapatalk is free to download for both end users and forum's owner?
Old 04-08-2010, 09:39 AM
DFW Z33
I am salad

cheers,
robb
Good to hear! Thanks for the heads up rob! keep us updated

Quick Reply: Poll: My350z.com and mobile vBulletin interface