Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 08:38 PM
ZGZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie

Hi im brand new lol, i have been enjoying looking at some real nice cars on here,
i wanna post a want ad looking for a z, but the section is off limits to me, what do i have to do? i have been reading the faq but cant find how i am able to be allowed to post a want ad for a z. thanks
Old 05-08-2012, 07:01 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

Link to Classified section rules:

https://my350z.com/forum/private-cla...fieds-194.html
Old 05-08-2012, 11:31 AM
ZGZ

Originally Posted by vo7848
kinda of a redundant rule unless of course i pay the site money how creative,
so i must hold off waiting 90 days before i can post a want ad :S lol silly. ( this should only apply to selling since im looking not selling that makes no sense to help from spam but its reversed.)
i guess this was the wrong place for me to look then, oh well i tried.

Last edited by ZGZ; 05-08-2012 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:33 AM
ZS14RR

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I guess its bad for us to watch our own butts and see if you're legit?? Yea that would be silly.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 PM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

^ yep.

then pay the 20 bucks if you want to start posting ahead of time then broski.
Old 05-08-2012, 12:49 PM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by ZGZ
kinda of a redundant rule unless of course i pay the site money how creative,
so i must hold off waiting 90 days before i can post a want ad :S lol silly. ( this should only apply to selling since im looking not selling that makes no sense to help from spam but its reversed.)
i guess this was the wrong place for me to look then, oh well i tried.
Only other advice I could offer is, spend a few years on the forum, learn it's ins and outs, see the history of scammers/ect, learn who's trust worthy and who's not, get a feel for how our forum's procedures are, then after enough wisdom has been gained on how the largest 350z forum in the world operates place an application for a Staff position. Once your application has been reviewed and you have been selected to be a Staff member, you sir can be included on any revisions of our Classified section rules and how they serve to protect the best interest of our members...

Last edited by VO...; 05-08-2012 at 12:51 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:49 PM
ZGZ

your missing my point, how would i be scamming to post a "want ad" that doesn't make sense, im looking for a car not selling a car. but obviously i wont win this fight ( always gonna be the masses against a 1 new person) it seems or looks like it seems its about $$ anyways, no biggy i just thought it was a cool site, but i will leave it at that.

wow to win your guys trust for posting a "WANT AD" all i have to do is pay $20 lol that is silly. ( according to the guy above couple posts)

nice glamouring it up "largest 350z forum" largest but not the most friendly im finding out...i usually don't get wrapped up in forums anyways, i just happen to be in the market for a car and thought one of the options was to join forums not just this one.

either way obviously im abiding by the rules so no reason for anyone to attack me, i was already judged as a scammer

anyways i guess this turned into a want ad, i already received PM for cars so i cant complain at this point,

thanks and have a good one guys.

Last edited by ZGZ; 05-08-2012 at 04:55 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 05:33 PM
DavesZ#3
350Z-holic

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Apparently you're not familiar with the idea of sellers being scammed by buyers on eBay. It has nothing to do with spam. The restrictions are in place to protect sellers and buyers here from unknowns such as yourself.

This forum doesn't exist for the sole purpose of supporting classifieds, that's only a sideline activity. So to answer your implied question - no, we don't want people to sign up just for the purpose of selling or buying something.
Old 05-08-2012, 07:30 PM
ZGZ

Originally Posted by DavesZ#3
Apparently you're not familiar with the idea of sellers being scammed by buyers on eBay. It has nothing to do with spam. The restrictions are in place to protect sellers and buyers here from unknowns such as yourself.

This forum doesn't exist for the sole purpose of supporting classifieds, that's only a sideline activity. So to answer your implied question - no, we don't want people to sign up just for the purpose of selling or buying something.
oh come on, really im not buying a car online having it shipped. im looking for a car within distance to look at, the old fashion way of buying cars. i think its paranoia really, so in turn implementing these rules your taking responsibility of the transaction and thats a bad thing for you, most sites have agreements you accept that gives the operation of the forum no responsibility. but geesus this is paranoia for someone just looking to post a want ad to buy a car. but whatever it still looks like a way to get people to pay up because what your saying is you have to pay to be a scammer if you really wanted to stop it you wouldnt let anyone pay to get around a 90 day period, you would implement a post count or a timeframe in general and not accept payment to "prevent" a scammer, like i said silly. all a scammer has to do is pay a fee and off he goes lol. in my case since im just a average joe user i would feel scammed paying $20 to post a want ad, anyways i see the light at the tunnel,

no one needs to comment anymore please just lock the thread. its a deadhorse now. the common sense gets over balanced by supporting with $
Old 05-09-2012, 07:14 AM
VO...
Administrator

Originally Posted by ZGZ
please just lock the thread.

Done...