Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Do you guys feel better now that Daking 350 is banned?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2004, 11:08 AM
350zSpeedRacer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ttsupra94
Thanks for using my choice of words 350zspeedracer
I'm glad you appreciate my dripping sarcasm.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:14 AM
raceboy
Banned

Originally posted by SirMikel1
I think that your comments and those of others attacking his character and questioning his profession aren't fair at all. Yes, it seems as though the way he gets things across can be overboard or much different then others are used to but those are the same people that don't know him or have never met him in person. There's no need to take his personal life into this issue. The thread only got heated because others decided to jump on him and turn things into a personal level. If you've known him in person or have met him in meets you would know that he's really a nice person. He's been to plenty of meets and no, people arent' scared because he's there nor does he mouth off to people nor intimidate them. AS a matter of fact, he's when people have questions he's always willing to spend the timeand effort to help anyone out. I think anyone can vouch for that. Including all those that met him at yesterday's meet. And there was a great showing of Z's there to represent. If you want my opinion, he is one of the better cops out there who aren't ******** that like to abuse their power. The point is, if you want to argue about his questionable post, do so. But it isn't fair to question his personal life and character when you don't know the person.
Sure it's fair. I said that it scares me that he's a cop. I am not saying cops are bad. I am saying that anyone that reacts with the temper and threats that this guy did HAS NO BUSINESS BEING A COP!! His reaction shows that he is a hot head and do you really want hot heads with guns for police? I sure don't.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:20 AM
SirMikel1

Originally posted by raceboy
Sure it's fair. I said that it scares me that he's a cop. I am not saying cops are bad. I am saying that anyone that reacts with the temper and threats that this guy did HAS NO BUSINESS BEING A COP!! His reaction shows that he is a hot head and do you really want hot heads with guns for police? I sure don't.
Like I said, his hotheadedness came from defending himself from people who personally attacked him in the forum. Wouldn't you defend yourself as well? That's one issue, but him being a cop has nothing to do with this.. The way he reacts here is different from his personal and professional life. Come on, this is the internet.. do really think everyone on here acts the exact same way they do in real life?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:26 AM
etx

People on this board are out of control. Everyone has to gang up on someone if one of the members that everyone thinks is 'Cool' is against them. It happened to me recently.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....199&perpage=20

Those people are dead wrong. But they insist on talking smack, they are so sure on the case because some guy told them so. The sad thing is I figured their would be more mature people on this forum, but that's just not the case.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:26 AM
EddieJr

I agree with raceboy. Being a law enforcement officer he shouldn't be acting in such a manner as to threaten people on a forum or in real life. He was upset because he was getting a ribbing for being a whiner and he couldn't take it. This is just a message board and look how he posted..."DaKing..Bring It" Please.

Last edited by EddieJr; 03-29-2004 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:29 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Who banned him anyhow ?
Old 03-29-2004, 11:34 AM
SirMikel1

Originally posted by EddieJr
I agree with raceboy. Being a law enforcement officer he shouldn't be acting in such a manner as to threaten people on a forum or in real life. He was upset because he was getting a ribbing for being a whiner and he couldn't take it.
I may be wrong, but if i recall correctly, all he said was he can't wait to meet him at ATCO so he can put a face to a name. I didn't really find any other threats. Unless i'm mistaken.. I could however understand how that could be taken the wrong way. But I don't think at any point in time anyone hasn't made a mistake and said something they don't mean when they're being ganged up on.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:39 AM
vics350

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think that your comments and those of others attacking his character and questioning his profession aren't fair at all. Yes, it seems as though the way he gets things across can be overboard or much different then others are used to but those are the same people that don't know him or have never met him in person. There's no need to take his personal life into this issue. The thread only got heated because others decided to jump on him and turn things into a personal level. If you've known him in person or have met him in meets you would know that he's really a nice person. He's been to plenty of meets and no, people arent' scared because he's there nor does he mouth off to people nor intimidate them. AS a matter of fact, he's when people have questions he's always willing to spend the timeand effort to help anyone out. I think anyone can vouch for that. Including all those that met him at yesterday's meet. And there was a great showing of Z's there to represent. If you want my opinion, he is one of the better cops out there who aren't ******** that like to abuse their power. The point is, if you want to argue about his questionable post, do so. But it isn't fair to question his personal life and character when you don't know the person.
I agree with Mike here. I've met Julian a few times and think he's a really nice guy in person. While I don't agree with his opinion of Borla's treatment, I do believe that if people just stayed on the subject he would've debated back and forth and everything would've been fine. I believe it's OK for people to disagree on issues but when personal attacks get thrown in then that opens up the flood gates. While I don't agree with some of the comments he made I do agree that they were instigated. I'll actually miss him as he always had interesting topics.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:50 AM
alphared

Like I said, his hotheadedness came from defending himself from people who personally attacked him in the forum. Wouldn't you defend yourself as well? That's one issue, but him being a cop has nothing to do with this.. The way he reacts here is different from his personal and professional life. Come on, this is the internet.. do really think everyone on here acts the exact same way they do in real life?
Have you read any of his other posts? This isn't the first time he blew his lid. Or the first time that him being a cop popped up. Yes this is the internet where you get to say anything without a face, and your true form shows what you hide in real life. Clearly he has alot of angry built up. Maybe from his job, or elsewhere, but he should seek anger management.
Old 03-29-2004, 11:52 AM
dchengmd

I'm kinda glad he's gone. Way too much drama with him - not just with his responses, but with some of the threads he starts.

Besides, he grandly declared that he was taking his toys and going home (in other words, leaving this forum) a few months ago, and made a hypocrite out of himself by coming back. Personally, I think that if you're going to waste everyone's time by creating a thread saying you're going to leave, then be a man and follow through with it. People who do this should be banned so they CAN'T come back (a la Richard350z).
Old 03-29-2004, 11:54 AM
themyst

I don't think it was fair for him to be banned. It's not like he said "rouxeny i'm going to kick your ***" He just wants to finally meet up from the way I saw it. I'd probably ignore the thread if it started becoming counterproductive, but i guess daking350 wanted to adamantly defend himself. I like the guy, he helped me a lot, and got my spare wheels off him a while back. I mean this is the internet, half the people bs about the mods they have, another half bs about their quarter mile times, and others love to say how their z can beat a z06. I figure when someone is trying to state a real-life experience, it can actually be counterproductive on these boards. I hear the same things on the repairing forum. People ***** about how nissan won't fix this or that because in all likelihood they were being real ****** to the techs.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:09 PM
dczoner

I think the reality of this thread is that people can be one thing in person, and something completely different on a computer. Thats all. I have no doubt that many people have a "computer" persona that is different from their real-life one.

Daking may be a great guy, I have no idea. He may be a terrific cop, once again I have no idea. The only basis that I can judge him by is a handful of threads where he seems to be searching for arguments. In the example of the Borla article, it came too strong, too over the top, and people reacted quickly to make sure Borla's reputation was not unduly tainted by an extreme case of shopper disappointment. SirMike, would it be fair to say Daking's real life persona is different from his online persona?

Instead of being titled "Borla blows!" maybe his thread should've been : "Warning, Borla Gaskets are a ripoff!". And instead of complaining about his treatment by Borla (which has a steady following, no doubt), he could've simply made sure people knew that the part he needed, by his own fault of loss, was a very, absurdly expensive part.

People on this forum need to maintain a certain amount of flexibility in their thinking. I also don't support this ban (I believe a strike would've been sufficient), and I hope Daking has the flexibility in his mind to apologize to the mod that booted him and try to repair the damage done.

Alternatively, he may be up on some other forum right now talking about how he was treated here.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:09 PM
JFritz

Well, looks like this thread is going to dissapear.... We're debating about a off-topic item, and it gets moved to a forum that's never read.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:12 PM
BRONXWARRIOR

im not familar with daking.

but he must have been banned for more then just the thread which was posted.

however ive been banned for ******** reasons before so who knows.

he made a good point abought all the cop ragging threads also

i myself have nothing againts ****ing pigs.

HI SPEEDY GIRL MISS ME
Old 03-29-2004, 12:36 PM
SirMikel1

Originally posted by dczoner
I think the reality of this thread is that people can be one thing in person, and something completely different on a computer. Thats all. I have no doubt that many people have a "computer" persona that is different from their real-life one.

Daking may be a great guy, I have no idea. He may be a terrific cop, once again I have no idea. The only basis that I can judge him by is a handful of threads where he seems to be searching for arguments. In the example of the Borla article, it came too strong, too over the top, and people reacted quickly to make sure Borla's reputation was not unduly tainted by an extreme case of shopper disappointment. SirMike, would it be fair to say Daking's real life persona is different from his online persona?

Instead of being titled "Borla blows!" maybe his thread should've been : "Warning, Borla Gaskets are a ripoff!". And instead of complaining about his treatment by Borla (which has a steady following, no doubt), he could've simply made sure people knew that the part he needed, by his own fault of loss, was a very, absurdly expensive part.

People on this forum need to maintain a certain amount of flexibility in their thinking. I also don't support this ban (I believe a strike would've been sufficient), and I hope Daking has the flexibility in his mind to apologize to the mod that booted him and try to repair the damage done.

Alternatively, he may be up on some other forum right now talking about how he was treated here.
I completely agree with you, the way he presents himself here is completely different then how he is in person. That's why I said it's unfair to flame on his personal life as opposed to his posts.

I'm also in agreement with your view on how the topic subject could have changed. It probably wouldn't have gained such negativity, but then again no one is perfect. Look at all the other informative posts he's made in the past. I can only name a handlful of people who have spend as much money on mods as he has and has written the pros and cons about each one. Not to mention his willingness to always get together with other regional members to start dyno days, group buys, track events, or meets.

People here need to learn how to not gang up on people and bring things to a personal level. I love the forum and i've learned so much from everyone on it. It's just sad to see things turn out this way. Everyone's entitled to have their own opinion.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:49 PM
hfm

I completely agree with you, the way he presents himself here is completely different then how he is in person. That's why I said it's unfair to flame on his personal life as opposed to his posts.

I'm also in agreement with your view on how the topic subject could have changed. It probably wouldn't have gained such negativity, but then again no one is perfect. Look at all the other informative posts he's made in the past. I can only name a handlful of people who have spend as much money on mods as he has and has written the pros and cons about each one. Not to mention his willingness to always get together with other regional members to start dyno days, group buys, track events, or meets.

People here need to learn how to not gang up on people and bring things to a personal level. I love the forum and i've learned so much from everyone on it. It's just sad to see things turn out this way. Everyone's entitled to have their own opinion.
You make some good points, particularily about your personal experience with Daking. He may really be a nice guy in person taking on a very different persona online. I still believe his past behavior, particularily because he in in law enforcement, the threatening posts to a forum member and moderator and his unwillingness to change his attitude are sufficient for his ban.

Even, if he apologized to those people he threatened, and make no mistake, they were threats despite being thinly veiled, there is no reason to believe his behavior would change. This is not a situation where he was ganged up upon. He brought the responses from multiple people because of his "bring it" attitude.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:56 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

I gotta disagree with you HFM. He certainly was provoced by a bunch of members including a mod.

I think you have also taken his comments too personally and exagerated the issue a little. Everyone needs to lighten up a bit and realize that sometimes the words don't carry the emotion we might read into them.

Last edited by 35ounces; 03-29-2004 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:11 PM
350zSpeedRacer

Originally posted by JFritz
Well, looks like this thread is going to dissapear.... We're debating about a off-topic item, and it gets moved to a forum that's never read.
Maybe YOU never read it, but it does get plenty of coverage, trust me. But this is a feedback issue--and it's in the right section.

And no, Bronx, I can't say that I did.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:26 PM
zxsaint
Fairlady Stalker

I don't think the forum members intentionally ganged up on him -- rather, I believe his posts and comments were in such poor form and tact, everyone's response had the same dissaproving vibe to them. He fed off this and let it affect him on emotional level. Posting in that mindset, the negativity escalated as did the responses.

Is it a better place without him? Probably not. But I, as well as many others here, prefer to be able to post an opinion or a response without triggering someone's emotional insecurities and having them go off on a rampage. A good forum is where we can disagree and debate, all the while be tactful and avoid insulting or offending one another.

Quick Reply: Do you guys feel better now that Daking 350 is banned?