Notices
Feedback & Suggestions for Our Forum This is NOT a place to ask car/modification questions!
For posting feedback, suggestions or comments regarding our My350Z.com forum.

Z babes bye bye

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 09:46 AM
Dissident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OMG, where else on the internet am I going to be able to find almost naked pictures of women?!?!

So, you guys make a fair enough point about the rules chaning, but... Um, who cares? If we were paying membership to the site, sure, but, it's not. It's free. If you feel so strongly about it, there are plenty of other 350z (and other car or general BS or ****) boards to cruise. Yeah, it's the off-topic forum, but this site doesn't exist for that. Sure, it's a good way to kill time at work, but I could really care less about it, and I think most of the people are here to find out car stuff. *shrug* So, what's the big frickin deal? If I were on a **** site and they didn't let people post pictures of Zs, who would really care?
Old 10-01-2004, 10:11 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Dissident
... Yeah, it's the off-topic forum, but this site doesn't exist for that.
We have an off-topic forum, bit it is not for that... hummm... that makes sense.

I agree with all the powers of the moderator : he/she delets what she wants, bans what she wants, etc, etc. And if you don't like it then go somehwere else.

Yet, as a matter of opinion, there wasn't a good reason behind closing the thread. I am not arguing about it, It is just my .02.

Hidding behind "it is a rule" is silly, since the rules are created and changed by the moderator at will, which means they are not really rules, but more like the rule-de-jour...

Oh well.
Old 10-01-2004, 10:31 AM
hugo1669

Originally posted by The Brickyard Rat
You guys need to go find some cheese to go with that whine!

Anyone have a pic of the baby crying? Seems appropiate here.
You know Brickyard I've seen you post many times over at motoring in their version of the zbabes thread. Apparently you spend alot of time viewing the zbabes/breezy thread so I'm sure you're upset also with the decision to close the thread here. Over on motoring you seem to be a little more free with your posting comments to pictures, so stop acting like you're holier than thou over here.

Dissident--- Then why was the Zbabes thread the most viewed thread on the site? Apparently it was generating an interest on the site. Yes the site is free for us but don't you think that the paying sponsors want the most traffic to a site where they advertise their goods? Lets see, lets close the thread that generated the most interest on a message board.
We are primarily heterosexual males on this site and I'd say 95% of us enjoy looking at females. So why not have a few threads dedicated to girls.

"Yeah, it's the off-topic forum, but this site doesn't exist for that. Sure, it's a good way to kill time at work, but I could really care less about it, and I think most of the people are here to find out car stuff."---
Dissident

Yes it is a car site , so why is there a political forum? Why is there an "off topic" forum?
The off topic forum is for exactly what it says ,"OFF TOPIC" , and thats what Zbabes was.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:00 AM
Dissident

I'm not arguing that it should have been closed. As far as the sponsors go, I would bet most don't care, some would want whatever traffic they get, and I'd bet that some probably would not be comfortable with their banner popping on on some page full of nekid chicks. I liked the thread as much as anyone, and I waste time on all the forums, but if there wasn't any off-topic or political forum, I wouldn't really miss it, either.

*shrug* I guess I'm just pretty apathetic about it, and while I understand some frustration over it, I don't understand why it's such a HUGE issue.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:47 AM
The Brickyard Rat
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yo Hugo,

My comments here have nothing to do with the pics. My point is its Vic's call and, overall, he makes good calls.

As for the girlie pics, you bet I enjoy them. On one of the threads here I posted the CarBabes web site so I don't think I'm in the "holier than thou" category. However, there is a point where I think the pics get to be to much; i.e. close-ups of geniatalia (sp?) and girls kissing, etc. I don't enjoy those pics on any site & ignor them. And the latter pics have no place, imo, on any of the Zzzz sites. Go to Carbabes for those.

On Motoring, yes I check out the girlie thread. On the other hand, I did hand in my mod card over there because I disagreed with Frank & the mods on what to allow in pics & language. Their standards were/are more liberal than mine to a point where I did not want to be associated with the Admining of the site. ( We rodents do have our standards you know!! )

But again, the issue here is not the pics but Vic/Mike's right to make calls. His job, his call.............and I believe, overall, he makes good calls.
Old 10-01-2004, 11:50 AM
OC_350Z

Originally posted by Z_Pride
As I recall no rules were broke, were as your friend broke a major law and endangered people. Real cool comparrison
ha ha that's what I was talking about. Whatever it's your board so I guess you can do what you want with it Nancy.
Old 10-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Z_Pride

Originally posted by OC_350Z
ha ha that's what I was talking about. Whatever it's your board so I guess you can do what you want with it Nancy.
Its okay since your avatar is helping to make up for the lack of women pictures
Old 10-03-2004, 02:52 AM
hugo1669

Originally posted by The Brickyard Rat
Yo Hugo,

My comments here have nothing to do with the pics. My point is its Vic's call and, overall, he makes good calls.

As for the girlie pics, you bet I enjoy them. On one of the threads here I posted the CarBabes web site so I don't think I'm in the "holier than thou" category. However, there is a point where I think the pics get to be to much; i.e. close-ups of geniatalia (sp?) and girls kissing, etc. I don't enjoy those pics on any site & ignor them. And the latter pics have no place, imo, on any of the Zzzz sites. Go to Carbabes for those.

On Motoring, yes I check out the girlie thread. On the other hand, I did hand in my mod card over there because I disagreed with Frank & the mods on what to allow in pics & language. Their standards were/are more liberal than mine to a point where I did not want to be associated with the Admining of the site. ( We rodents do have our standards you know!! )

But again, the issue here is not the pics but Vic/Mike's right to make calls. His job, his call.............and I believe, overall, he makes good calls.

Here is a post of mine from the other thread related to this subject:

Agreed, As I said months ago, For those crying about , "Ohhh I'm at work and I viewed a thread titled "Z Babes" and god forbid there is a scantily dressed girl in it and ewwww I 'm going to get in trouble. DON'T VIEW THE THREAD!!!!!!!
1. If your at work and your boss has a problem with you looking at girls then do your job, Thats what you are paid for isn't it? Don't look at threads that indicate pictures of girls in them.
2. I agree there shouldn't be naked pics on here, there are plenty of them elsewhere, If someone posted one then remove it , don't close the largest/most popular thread on the site.
3. Again everyone has their own opinion of what NWS is.
Example: Why are National geographics and photography magazines, which display naked females, allowed in offices and schools? Some might consider that **** while others see it as art.

Yes if a girl is standing there inserting things or doing sexual things then I agree its ****, but just because they are attractive and posing it makes it ****????? Please explain this too me.

In a public forum like this there are going to be 100s of interpretations of what "****" is. We have asked for Victors definition of "****" numerous times and never received a responce. There have been posts in the Z babes thread that Mods have even commented on that even I thought were a little questionable. Its all about the inconsistancy.

Brickyard if you agree with Victor, overall, can you respond to these points since Victor never will. I'm just curious, and I'm sure most others are also, to the what the rational is. I'm not argueing I will just use this as a learning experience to see how some people think and since Victor never responds to questions or points maybe someone that shares his same ideas can enlighten us.

Thanks
Old 10-04-2004, 12:21 AM
MY350Z.COM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bottom line here is the site staff doesn't enjoy such pictures being posted, especially the ones as of late.

Go post your explicit pics elsewhere. There are many other sites that allow this. Why come here and cause a ruckus?

Victor