Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

can't decide on wideband, please help.

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 10:56 AM
DBZCat

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default can't decide on wideband, please help.

ok I just can't decide on which kits. There are certain things I like about all of them. So, if you have these kits or have experience with them, please chime in on how you like it over others, or why you chose it over the others.

FJO wideband
DynoJet Wideband commander
AEM
PLX device
Zeitronix wideband

<sigh>

Thanks for any help.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:22 AM
fernandito7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I chose the AEM simply for the look and style of it. IT worked great for about 4 months. Now its messed up. I have to send it back to AEM for a replacement. Makes me mad since i have to pay someone to remove it and then re-install it. From what ive heard, there are a couple of people that have had the AEM and have had it go bad.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:26 AM
booger

Cat ..Ive got and Aem...no problems...yet....Im also hooking up the Zeitronix . It comes with a Bosh o2 sensor , but can datalog , so Im hooking up the rpm and boost to it also . It will take a EGT also
Old 01-01-2005, 12:16 PM
G3po

First main question:

Do you want to datalog or do you just want an in cockpit guage?

If no logging then AEM or DJ seem the best choices, it then depends upon guage appearance, AEM is a hybrid and DJ is more comtemporary analog.

If datalogging , many is required them FJO , PLX and Zeittronix. Zetronix being on the budget side. FJO on the higest side and PLX in the middle.

Personally I favor the PLX, since logginf is built in , the SW is slick and the NB adapter works with the DEFI D guage I prefer.

All IMO.
Old 01-01-2005, 12:27 PM
SungNamZ

Cat, sent you a PM from 350ZFrenzy. Do you have NAV installed? If not, Zeitronix mounted on CF plate and hidden inside the NAV area is nice!
Old 01-01-2005, 01:26 PM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the PLX Devices M-300 and it works fine for me. I chose it because 1) The price and 2) it has an available wideband to narrowband converter that allows it to work with the Autometer A/F gauge. This allows me to keep the look of all of the gauges the same plus, you do not need to watch the digital display. If you see red lights on the A/F gauge, you're too lean.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:39 PM
DBZCat

thanks guys. I am wanting datalogging I have decided that much. Also, the PLX is cathching my eyes because of the fact I can get a NB > WB converter.....

G3PO, so the defi D guage will work the PLX? I thought it would, but then I have one person telling me it won't and another saying it will....... ? From the info provided it seems it would.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:44 PM
dansouliere

Originally posted by cat2102
thanks guys. I am wanting datalogging I have decided that much. Also, the PLX is cathching my eyes because of the fact I can get a NB > WB converter.....

G3PO, so the defi D guage will work the PLX? I thought it would, but then I have one person telling me it won't and another saying it will....... ? From the info provided it seems it would.
Good question.. but on their website it says Autometer.
Old 01-01-2005, 01:49 PM
DBZCat

The AutoMeter Air/Fuel ratio gauge is designed to read a 0-1V input signal and mapped perfectly linearly with the 20 sweeping LEDs from left to right. Other gauges which can accept a 0-1V input signal (most narrowband gauges are) will also be compatible to work with this converter box.

this is straight from the plx device website. I am pretty sure the Defi-D gauge accept a 0-1V input signal, as most do.... but I am not 100% sure as I can't find anything that says the Defi-D NB gauge does.....
Old 01-01-2005, 01:50 PM
aalzuhair

If you want datalogging, then go with the LM-1, I have been using the LM-1 for some time now and the datalogging options are very nice. you can read about on http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/ and you can see my setup of guages on http://www.ultimate-racing.com/Custo...Abdullah.shtml

Az
Old 01-01-2005, 02:21 PM
G3po

The AutoMeter Air/Fuel ratio gauge is designed to read a 0-1V input signal and mapped perfectly linearly with the 20 sweeping LEDs from left to right. Other gauges which can accept a 0-1V input signal (most narrowband gauges are) will also be compatible to work with this converter box.

this is straight from the plx device website. I am pretty sure the Defi-D gauge accept a 0-1V input signal, as most do.... but I am not 100% sure as I can't find anything that says the Defi-D NB gauge does.....
Not 100% sure with the defi yet, I already have the guage = cheap and ordered the PLX M500 last week, I'l lknow for sure in a few weeks. I expect it to work though, but prolly not very linear during warm up. If I don't like it l'll just upgrade to the PLX guage.

So it's still just opinion at this point.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:10 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

I also had the AEM and it quickly went bad. Defective, and AEM needs to fix/replace it for me.

I swapped it for the LM-1 unit. I have heard nothing but good things about it. It's cheap, durable, and does the job well. It also has built in data logging. They also offer a guage style add-on, so you can have the nice 2 1/16 guage sitting in a pod somewhere, and still datalog with the handheld unit.
Old 01-01-2005, 05:42 PM
DBZCat

gq, how much did you get yours for? and where.... did you get the gauge to go along with it? do they only offer white?
Old 01-01-2005, 05:47 PM
G3po

Default guage

Originally posted by gq_626
I also had the AEM and it quickly went bad. Defective, and AEM needs to fix/replace it for me.

I swapped it for the LM-1 unit. I have heard nothing but good things about it. It's cheap, durable, and does the job well. It also has built in data logging. They also offer a guage style add-on, so you can have the nice 2 1/16 guage sitting in a pod somewhere, and still datalog with the handheld unit.
yep it's a nice unit, their guage just doesnt do ti for me though.
It'd look good on the dash of a chevy or ford though.
Old 01-01-2005, 09:51 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

gq, how much did you get yours for? and where.... did you get the gauge to go along with it? do they only offer white?
I got my from CP Racing in Charlotte. I dont know the exact price..because I ordered a bunch of stuff from them. You can call them and ask. I believe it was under $300 for the basic unit....and $120 for the gauge.....IIRC. And yes...it comes in black.

G3, the AEM does look better, but I have pretty much sworn off the AEM wideband since it was showing me running richer than I was....unacceptable in my book...that is a recipee for a blow motor.
Old 01-01-2005, 11:02 PM
LSs1Power

I really like the wideband dynojet commander. It has warning light on the gauge which could be handy if u passed a point u shouldnt be over. It also reads from 10-18 while most AF gauges i have seen read from 11-18. Also the software that comes with it is really good. There is a demo for download... Try it.
Old 01-02-2005, 02:53 AM
GODD

I also ordered the DynoJet Commander (you have to with THAT name ) It should come handy in use with my e-manage system.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:28 AM
westpak
SFZCC

I use the PLX M250 as I didn't use the display but use the e01 for display.
Old 01-02-2005, 08:54 AM
dfw350z

Originally posted by LSs1Power
I really like the wideband dynojet commander. It has warning light on the gauge which could be handy if u passed a point u shouldnt be over. It also reads from 10-18 while most AF gauges i have seen read from 11-18. Also the software that comes with it is really good. There is a demo for download... Try it.
Also you can use the Wideband AUX output to trigger additional accessories based on A/F ratio etc..

Last edited by dfw350z; 01-02-2005 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-03-2005, 09:35 AM
DBZCat

so is the DJ the only one with the warning light?

hmmm, down to the FJO, DJ or LM-1

EDIT: I just saw that pic DFW and mad that is cool. I didn't realize those were apart of the WB when I looked through your pics before.... instead of trying to read #'s if you see the red light you automatically know it is bad.... hmmm this is defnitely something I need....

Last edited by cat2102; 01-03-2005 at 09:37 AM.

Quick Reply: can't decide on wideband, please help.