Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

CJM Single Fuel Pump Kit Complete, Finally...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2005, 05:21 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default CJM Single Fuel Pump Kit Complete, Finally...

OK well many people have been constantly contacting me waiting for this... its finally done. My first few kits are already sold to some shops. I will begin taking orders and shipping retail kits middle of next week. This fuel system will also be carried by a few shops.

Those waiting for the twin pump kit from us... that is still going to be a while. The twin pump kit is an add-on for this kit... which explains why a couple of the parts for this kit are larger than a single pump would require... when the twin pump system is finally released, not a single part from our single pump kit has to be tossed out.

OK here goes. Lets follow the whole system. I apologize for crappy temp pictures, when I update my website and build the page for this stuff it will be a lot prettier.

First we start at the pump. The fuel pump itself is NOT included with my kit. This is because so many people already have a pump... I dont want to force them to pay for another... so intank pump upgrades are optional (for additional cost).

So then we start with our CNC fuel output fitting. This fitting attaches to the stock fuel pump in its factory "quick clip on" style. It utilizes twin Viton o-rings internally to prevent leaks. It is a nice snug fit and very trick little part. It eliminates the restrictive inside diameter of the factory plastic clip on part, and also allows us to start our custom AN style lines right at the source of the fuel.

------------

Next comes the pump output hose. The pump output hose is -6 in size (capable of flowing everything any intank drop-in pump is going to flow). Its **IS** stainless steel braided line..

ALL OF THESE LINES ARE STAINLESS BRAIDED -- THEY JUST HAVE A PROTECTIVE COATING.

Let me take a minute to explain... SS Braided hose looks fancy sure, so why cover it up with sleeving? Because the braided hose over time can have a sawing effect on anything it contacts. Over time I have seen SS Braided lines that were not wrapped/coated/properly secured cut and wear thru all sorts of fun stuff. We dont want a stainless braided hose cutting thru your gas tank over the years, so we coat it. Also note that we use all plated steel fittings on the hoses... they are stronger and less expensive. Our fuel lines are professionally crimped, these are not hand assembled units that you could build yourself.

OK back to where I was going.... This is the hose that leaves the fuel pump output fitting...

then it goes under the car and connect to our under-car feed pipe like so...

Our undercar pipe is 1/2", equal to -8 in size. Size COULD have been smaller for the single pump, but we wanted this pipe to be used with our twin pump add on kit in the future, and only pennies would be saved using a smaller sized hard pipe. I will show some pictures of how the hardpipe snaps in to the factory clips and notice that the older pics are not anodized... all retail hardpipes are anodized blue.

now from here we run the fuel line to the transmission and up to the back of the engine... yes... we have completely eliminated all of the factory fuel lines... there are no longer fuel lines literally ONE INCH from your turbo and exhaust manifold... we run them this way to help avoid engine fires if there was ever a problem, and also to help keep more heat out of the fuel.

TAKE NOTE THESE NEXT TO PHOTOS ARE FROM OUR OLD TEST SETUP. These pictures do not show the undercar pipe, they show a modified stock one. This is just to show you how we ran the lines on my car for testing last year, and how this kit is running them...

The fuel leaving the hardpipe goes into our fuel feed whip assembly... which is a single -8 at the pipe, then splits to twin -6 like so....

Now for the fuel rails...

Our fuel rails are just plain aluminum in color RIGHT NOW... in a week or two we will be getting them anodized blue, and then a couple weeks later they will have a very small CJ logo laser etched on them.

These rails honestly are super nice... They are lightweight and very refined. They take up less space, and they are shorter allowing better clearance for tall injectors like RC and Denso. These things are very choice. We have a very nice boss throat area, super smooth transition to make sure the offset injector boss gets excellent fuel flow. We have also made a lot of injector clip space, so the injector clip is actually NON INTERFERENCE with the fuel rail. We have tested the rails to fit with DENSO, RC, BOSCHE, and STOCK injectors. Tall injectors require spacers such as those that came with the greddy kit... I plan to pick up some next week to try and get out in the kits so that you guys dont have to run to hardware store if you have tall injectors.

From the fuel rails, comes the rail return lines... these lines are also coated. These lines are touched ALL KINDS of things by the time you get them to the regulator, so we really wanted to coat them... better that then damaged wiring and hoses.

Here are some HORRIBLE SHOTS to show you kinda how it lays out... sorry my car has no engine right now, so I had to improvise!!

So now is the fuel pressure regulator... the one shown in the pictures is not the one we are providing with the kit... the one coming in the kit is a little more economical but looks great and functions just as good. The 1:1 regulator is the KEY to tuning the boosted 350z. For those of you who dont know why you want all this fancy crap, please feel free to call me at the shop or AOL IM me and I would love to give you some tech info on what this is all for anyway.

OK, we are getting near now... now we have the fuel return line itself... just your typical -4 line, obviously it will also snap right into the factory fuel line clips so its self supported, and we also elected to coat this line as well!

So now comes the end of my fuel system... it ends with a product many of you are familiar with... and thats our RETURN CORRECTION KIT... its what we made seperatly available quite a while ago so that people building their own fuel systems could get their swirl pot and siphon jets working correctly... SEE THIS LINK HERE FOR INFORMATION ON THE LAST COMPONENT THAT IS INCLUDED IN OUR FUEL SYSTEM: http://www.cj-motorsports.com/produc...turnsiphon.htm

OK so thats what it is.

Pricing of my fuel system is more expensive, by quite a bit. We feel that those of you who make the decision will see how much you get what you pay for.

Retail will be $1195 and if you need a walbro intank pump that is an additional $100.

I will start taking retail orders next week. Contact me for any info. Later I plan to edit this thread when I get nicer pictures.
Old 03-02-2005, 05:32 PM
GurgenPB
UltimateSleeper

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great work Charles, the quality seems superb, period! Complete!! This is all that a high HP car would need as far as fuel system is concerned. Beautiful!
Old 03-02-2005, 06:49 PM
g356gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would this replace the APS fuel system that comes with the TT kit....I mean will this 1:1 regulator replace the regulator in the APS kit with no issues. I think it is a 1:1 as well.....anybody know?
Old 03-02-2005, 07:07 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

yes... but the APS fuel system is good for at least 515rwhp... if you got our kit it would replace all the stuff they gave you except the injectors. The regulator we supply is adjustable to aid you in your tuning needs.
Old 03-02-2005, 07:43 PM
ss350

I'm not familiar with other fuel systems. I know nothing about the AAM system nor APS's. How is this kit different from AAM's? So you are saying that the APS kit essentially brings the same hardware and same structure as your kit?

BTW it looks great...quality work!
Old 03-02-2005, 09:15 PM
g356gear

The APS TT kit puts the regulator and the return right at the fuel tank and does not have an adjustable regulator up at the engine like this kit. This kit has the new fuel rails and return lines all the way back to the tank. For anyone who does have FI , except for the APS kit, this is a good upgrade...and a must have. I am sure a few APS guys will upgrade as well just for the rails and the adjustable regulator in the engine compartment. This is a beautiful set up that shows forethought and understanding for what the 350Z really needs. Great job!!!
Old 03-02-2005, 10:16 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

<<Waiting for the twin-pump thread.
Old 03-02-2005, 11:58 PM
accordfreak

wow really nice.. it looks far more superior than the other fuel systems out there. Your feed line is actually from the tank to the rails. even though i'd never spend that much on it, keep up the great work

Last edited by accordfreak; 03-03-2005 at 12:01 AM.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:25 AM
t32gzz

Charles, very nice work and well thought out. Wish I would have waited!
Old 03-03-2005, 07:31 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

very nice as always charles..

what FPR will you be using for the kit?
Old 03-03-2005, 08:22 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Some close ups to show some of the quality in the parts

Old 03-03-2005, 08:24 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally posted by mr2fasterthanyo
very nice as always charles..

what FPR will you be using for the kit?
I hope to post pictures of the regulator tonight... should have a few in my hands today then the rest of my inventory of them next week.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:26 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally posted by accordfreak
wow really nice.. it looks far more superior than the other fuel systems out there. Your feed line is actually from the tank to the rails. even though i'd never spend that much on it, keep up the great work
thanks!

I think that you will find that you will spend at least as much to do the same thing with hand assembled fittings and you will put a lot more time into it and earn several little pin holes in the skin of your finger tips trying to assemble all the hose ends
Old 03-03-2005, 08:27 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

cool. why not the aeromotive FPR? too expensive? (that is the one it looks like in your pictures)
Old 03-03-2005, 08:29 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

and i agree........ after assembling all of my hoses for the rails, to the FPR, and what not with the mr2s, i will never do it again. it is a complete PITA.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:49 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally posted by mr2fasterthanyo
cool. why not the aeromotive FPR? too expensive? (that is the one it looks like in your pictures)
there is nothing wrong with the aeromotive... but for the target pricing of the fuel system i made a budget for each component of the kit... and there is a very high quality unit that a friend of mine has been using in forced induction vipers for years... and it puts me right where i needed to be... the aeromotive one puts me $30 out of my budget for that component with fittings and bracket.

you will see the one im using.. to be honest i dont even know who exactly the manufacturer of it is... but i have seen it sold by many shops and used in many cars. Its made in the USA and I think its made by a wholesaler that sells them to shops. I called a few people I know running it and they all said its very high quality and they love it... so I am confident in using it with this kit.

BTW if someone wanted to use the Aeromotive one instead, i could supply that for a couple extra bucks. Also, if someone wanted to have all their lines bare SS braided rather then coated (for appearance) I can do that as well, but there would be about a 10 day wait for the kit as we are not going to stock them like that. Pricing would probably be a couple bucks less uncoated.
Old 03-03-2005, 08:58 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

sounds good to me............ we all can trust your judgement on parts selection. once i get the Z, i think he might have to take up residence in your shop for future FI upgrades........
Old 03-03-2005, 06:17 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

the regulator supplied:

Tommarow I will be confirmed on this unit... I am trying to get the maker to machine them with the threads I want to make it easier to get the right adapter fittings I want to use.
Old 03-03-2005, 06:49 PM
jeffw

Why not use SS braided lines with a clear (silicone?) coating? The Stoptech brake lines have this and maintain the SS look.

Personally, I don't care whether it looks SS or not. Just thought it might be an option.

Nice product, btw.
--
Jeff
Old 03-04-2005, 05:07 AM
mr2fasterthanyo

does that regulator have a port for the pressure gauge as well? or would you need to install an inline pressure gauge for it?

Quick Reply: CJM Single Fuel Pump Kit Complete, Finally...