Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Kaboom KSheps VQ35 Destruction

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 08:02 AM
KShep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gq_626
Kenny, thanks for sharing your experience with us. I know how painful this can be.

But the bright side is that your new engine and car will be ready very soon! I guess maybe a couple more weeks? And Phunk is coming down to help tune both of our cars in Charlotte. And just in time for the good weather!!

If you need anything, dont hesitate to call.

Hth,

Sharif
sharif@forgedinternals.com
We hope to have her buttoned up in a week, by the 25th/26th for sure. Looking forward to the trip and meeting both of you.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:02 AM
2003z

Originally Posted by t32gzz
Just by looking at the Georgia address and the proximity of 260 miles, i think we can all draw our own conclusions. With that being said, I hope everyone is very cautious when looking at this shop for work. This is not the first built VQ they have blown.
As stated above, it wasn't that shop.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:10 AM
KShep

Originally Posted by 2003z
As stated above, it wasn't that shop.
Correct...it was NOT that shop.

I really don't want to start a shop flame war with this thread. I'm not saying that the shop I took the car to is a bad shop...I just happened to have a bad experience there.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:12 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by KShep
Correct...it was NOT that shop.

I really don't want to start a shop flame war with this thread. I'm not saying that the shop I took the car to is a bad shop...I just happened to have a bad experience there.
Will they shop name be revealed post law suit?
Old 03-15-2005, 10:09 AM
GregGSC

From what we can see and check the Rod bolts are fine the Bearings are fine. The cause of this one is Pre ignition plain and simple the Rod Broke about an inch up from the Crank. The reason their is so much damage is that the Rod that was broken was spinning on the crank and tearing everything up in its path.

BTW this is a stock block and not a built motor.

We are not pointing any fingers at anyone and are just posting pictures of this amazing destruction. If i knew what was the cause or why the car had pre ignition i would let you guys know.

Next Step is to get a new built motor back in and get her running so kenny can enjoy this awesome Machine.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:54 AM
fernandito7

Why is it that only the greddy kits are blowing up cars. I know its too soon to say about APS not blowing things up but it seems that APS's unichip and the kit itself is more safer than the greddys emanage. I wonder if someone tries to use the unichip with the greddy kit, will it be as safe as the APS kit. I know someone who has the APS kit and is tuned to 8psi and this person constantly beats on it just to see when its gonna blow. Nothing yet.
Old 03-15-2005, 12:14 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fernandito7
Why is it that only the greddy kits are blowing up cars. I know its too soon to say about APS not blowing things up but it seems that APS's unichip and the kit itself is more safer than the greddys emanage. I wonder if someone tries to use the unichip with the greddy kit, will it be as safe as the APS kit. I know someone who has the APS kit and is tuned to 8psi and this person constantly beats on it just to see when its gonna blow. Nothing yet.
Well, one reason IMO is the Unichip can only be tuned by a Unichip dealer, with the GReddy you can tune it yourself (this isn't what happened with Kenny, the shop just had a bad day I guess you could say).
Old 03-15-2005, 02:32 PM
GregGSC

APS kits are in early stages. The emanage or FCon can control the ECU just fine just needs to be setup correctly.

Kenny's car is not the fault of the products it was the installer/tuner/dumbass that caused this. We know that the peak hold on the boost gauge is 8.5psi. and we know that their wasn't any timing retard in the computer. No ignition harness on the EManage. and the safe gaurd was not installed correctly. IE Kaboooom!
Old 03-15-2005, 04:22 PM
g356gear

Originally Posted by KShep

I took the car to them to have some timing pulled via the J&S...they installed the J&S...they road tested the J&S install and she blew...prior to pulling timing. .

That sounds strange because the J&S comes preset for timing removal if I am not mistaken.What did they do...zero out the timing removal and then drive the car???.....does not make sense.
Old 03-15-2005, 04:29 PM
Lil

Wow, that is BAD!