Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Help with greddy TT

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2005, 11:45 AM
etrkilla

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with greddy TT

I finished installing my kit and took it out for a test drive for the first time today. the car jerk when ever I hit 4 psi and won't go above that. I feel like as if when you hit the speed rev limiter an d the fuel cut off. I have the emanage and profec e-01 boost controller. right now I have the boost controller turned off.

I did a search and sound like other member might have the same problem but I am not sure. I know everyone recommend to check all pipe and hose. I will try that, but would it have anything to do with my boost controller or the emanage?
Old 03-27-2005, 12:00 PM
7 eleven

Originally Posted by etrkilla
I finished installing my kit and took it out for a test drive for the first time today. the car jerk when ever I hit 4 psi and won't go above that. I feel like as if when you hit the speed rev limiter an d the fuel cut off. I have the emanage and profec e-01 boost controller. right now I have the boost controller turned off.

I did a search and sound like other member might have the same problem but I am not sure. I know everyone recommend to check all pipe and hose. I will try that, but would it have anything to do with my boost controller or the emanage?

Sounds like a fuel or ignition problem. This is not a boost problem or MAF limp mode issue. Do you have a wide band?

I believe that it's not adding extra fuel under boost. Around 4psi it will go so lean that it will miss fire and feel like a fuel cut. This is based off the limited data you provided.

Does it matter at what RPM you go into boost, or does it only do it at the same rpm?

Did you change the plugs, or regap them? Double check that the coils are fully seated on the plug.

How does it Idle and drive under light loads? Are you getting a RPM value on your e0-1? Did you initialize the emanage when you firat started the car after the install?
Gary
Old 03-27-2005, 12:09 PM
etrkilla

YEs I do have wideband on my car. I know my car is running rich right now. cus I had my ecu reflash for supercharger and it was rich then. I don't think I have a lean condiditon now.

I forgot to check what rpm I was in boost at. I did changed mt plug with ngk 1 step colder but that was a while ago when I had supercharger and it was fine.

it drive normal until I get into boost but when the car jerk I look at the profec and it should 4 psi at peak.

My rpm work fine on the profec. Yes I did intialized the emanage and renter the map for add injector and boost cut for factory boost .
Old 03-27-2005, 12:23 PM
7 eleven

YEs I do have wideband on my car. I know my car is running rich right now. cus I had my ecu reflash for supercharger and it was rich then. I don't think I have a lean condiditon now.

I forgot to check what rpm I was in boost at. I did changed mt plug with ngk 1 step colder but that was a while ago when I had supercharger and it was fine.

it drive normal until I get into boost but when the car jerk I look at the profec and it should 4 psi at peak.

My rpm work fine on the profec. Yes I did intialized the emanage and renter the map for add injector and boost cut for factory boost .

Ah, forgot you already had the supercharger. So you have the supercharger reflash and you entered the factory Greddy values into the emanage? If so that would make it so rich it would run very poorly under boost since fuel is being added by both sources.

What is the A/F reading from the wideband when you hit the problem?

Gary
Old 03-27-2005, 12:29 PM
etrkilla

I think my a/f is way below 10:1 and soon as I rev the engine above 3000 rpm . It always been like that since technosquare flash it. I send it back to them with my dyno result to fix it but it came back the same. I used the safc 2 to lean it out before. and I am planning on using the emanage to do that too.

but your theory on too rich so right I will check that. I am planning on disconnect the emange and run without it and see what gonna happen.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:42 PM
7 eleven

I think my a/f is way below 10:1 and soon as I rev the engine above 3000 rpm . It always been like that since technosquare flash it. I send it back to them with my dyno result to fix it but it came back the same. I used the safc 2 to lean it out before. and I am planning on using the emanage to do that too.

but your theory on too rich so right I will check that. I am planning on disconnect the emange and run without it and see what gonna happen.
Ya if you're running both that's most likely the issue. The TS flash I have for my car has worked well for me so far. I'm guessing most of the maps for FI are pretty close. The motors volumetric efficiency doesn't change too much from one kit to another. It should be close. I wouldn't bet my motor on it though.

To try it just zero out the add inj maps. You had the 380cc injectors for the flash right? If so it's 380 to 440 in the conversion. I'm guessing you already got the injector correction correct due to the good drivability.
Good luck and I'm sure you'll love all that extra TQ from the twins.
Gary

Last edited by 7 eleven; 03-27-2005 at 12:45 PM. Reason: Grammar
Old 03-27-2005, 01:03 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you are running rich. My car does the same thing right now, until I can hop on the dyno and lean out my new return fuel system. Pressure is rising with boost, and that, coupled with the bigger injectors, and a map that is designed for a stock fuel system is causing me to run way too rich.

Let us know how it works out!
Old 03-27-2005, 01:08 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Originally Posted by gq_626
Sounds like you are running rich. My car does the same thing right now, until I can hop on the dyno and lean out my new return fuel system. Pressure is rising with boost, and that, coupled with the bigger injectors, and a map that is designed for a stock fuel system is causing me to run way too rich.

so you are up and running???

i feel so out of the loop
Old 03-27-2005, 01:09 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by 350zDCalb
so you are up and running???

i feel so out of the loop
Yessir, I am actually at the shop right now, getting ready for some preliminary dyno tuning. Just waiting for that and some pics before started a formal thread.
Old 03-27-2005, 01:11 PM
etrkilla

I am still using the 380 pe injectors. so if I zero out everything on the map then it is like running with no emange?
Old 03-27-2005, 01:14 PM
etrkilla

Gq_626 so you are having the same probelm is it as bad as mine? I just took it for another drive and it sell it happen as soon as I went over 4psi if I drive in any psi below that it is fine
Old 03-27-2005, 01:16 PM
350zDCalb
Sponsor
builtZmotors

Yessir, I am actually at the shop right now, getting ready for some preliminary dyno tuning. Just waiting for that and some pics before started a formal thread.
what is your tuning stragedy?,...
what will the prelim. tuning consist off?
what break in have you decided on?
how much boost will you originally tune for?/or will you go all the way for the 550-600rwhp goal?

questions...questions...questions...
Old 03-27-2005, 01:18 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Gq_626 so you are having the same probelm is it as bad as mine? I just took it for another drive and it sell it happen as soon as I went over 4psi if I drive in any psi below that it is fine
If I was a gambling man..I would say that I am 99% sure that is the problem. The TS reflash for your SC is already enriched vs. stock. Now you have the eManage increasing injector pulse width even more. I'd get to a dyno, and start by deleting the entire fuel map....zero it out. And gradually increase the RPM's and see how the A/F's look. You will likely end up needing far less enrichment that what is stock in the Greddy maps.

Sharif
Old 03-27-2005, 01:31 PM
etrkilla

Ok. I unplug the emanage and reconnect the airlow wire and took the car out for another run. the car run fine without it. everything felt alot better.

Whn I had the emanage hooked up, the profec show 4psi at around 4- 5000 rpm. Now without the emanage I almost redline 3 and 4th gear and my boost barely reaches 4psi??
Old 03-27-2005, 01:41 PM
7 eleven

I am still using the 380 pe injectors. so if I zero out everything on the map then it is like running with no emange?
Yes

Gary