Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Those of you with the CJM Fuel Return Bypass Correction Kit...

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 01:56 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Those of you with the CJM Fuel Return Bypass Correction Kit...

Please send me a PM on this forum with your shipping address. There is a revision to the kit that I will be shipping out as soon as the stuff arrives. Unfortunatly I do not have everyones information saved because when I first released them they were selling so fast that I didnt put everyone in the computer, I just set them as walk in retail sales.

Basically I am giving you a new hose to use. After some research it turns out that the SAE rating on the hose I supplied is not recommended to be submerged in gasoline. Apparently the layer that protects it from degrading over time is only on the inside of this hose. That means it will degrade from the outside in and eventually become useless.

I have a higher grade hose supply on the way and I want to send everyone the replacement for free.

The risk involved with the current hose is only failure of the actual hose which renders the entire purpose of my bypass correction kit useless... meaning it will revert back to how it was before adding my kit, and your return fuel will not be powering the 2 jets inside the pump assembly.

I apologize for the inconvenience of having to replace the hose, but I do not want someone to have a problem with their car running out of fuel when the gas gauge says you still have 1/4 tank. This could not only leave you stranded somewhere, but if you were in the middle of heavy boosting and ran out of fuel, that would be no good!

Once again I apologize... its pretty embarassing really... I made the mistake of assuming that a hose rated for handling high pressure gasoline could also be submerged.

So please just send me a PM with a current shipping address and hopefully the supply will be here within a week and I can mail it out to you all. In the time being, for those of you who have installed the kit, please keep your tank levels up to prevent any issues until the replacement arrives.

-Charles
CJ Motorsports
Old 04-06-2005, 10:52 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

ttt
Old 04-14-2005, 06:36 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Still got a couple unaccounted for!!! Speak up!!!

Replacements are going out next week. I want to take care of this ASAP just to get it over with!!!

Thanks everyone!
Old 04-14-2005, 06:44 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

don't have the kit but good man for bucking up and taking care of the problem before it became a problem.
Old 04-14-2005, 06:52 PM
booger

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your going ahead and using the blue hose Charles . You can leave me out...already done . If your going to use some thing else...ship me one.
Thanks Bill
Old 04-14-2005, 07:06 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally Posted by overZealous1
don't have the kit but good man for bucking up and taking care of the problem before it became a problem.
thanks... i made it a priority to ensure that my fuel system kit was absolutely the best one on the market...

the smallest, least significant, and easiest part of it I messed up!!! At least its a cheap fix for me to only have to send people a 7.5" length of hose!