Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

turbonetics single turbo kit!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 10:22 AM
Z350TT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation turbonetics single turbo kit!!

Ok, I am new in this forum and this is my first post, I am interested in the turbonetics single turbo kit, I will like to know how good is it. I know Miaplaya has the kit in his car and I would like to hear his opinion. Also I know that are other people with the Greddy twin turbo kit and I will like to know how they compare to each other performance wise. I am asking this because I don't know what to buy but I have hear horror story about the Greddy twin turbo blowing the engine even with the stock set up of 5.6lb, please those with the twin turbo kit don't take it personal I just want to know what is better I am planning to leave my internals stock but I want the best price for performance. One more question for Miaplaya have you drive one with the Greddy twin turbo kit if yes how those compare to the turbonetics single kit. Thanks!!
Stock 350z base model!
Old 04-13-2005, 10:29 AM
xluv2eatx

uh-oh...i think ill jst wait and see if someone doesnt type "do some reasearch"
Old 04-13-2005, 10:35 AM
MIAPLAYA

Theres a turbo shootout/comparison this weekend...when that comes out you'll have all the data you need.
Old 04-13-2005, 11:16 AM
webcarconnection

Well I can tell you my opinion... for the money the Turbonetics is one "bang for the buck" includes everything you need out of the box... performance, well for know I can tell you that the TT in putting more WHP at the same 8 PSI (Turbonetics don't have to many feedbacks) but both kits are gonna make you smile all day... Personally I like the Greddy 100%
Old 04-13-2005, 11:22 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by webcarconnection
Well I can tell you my opinion... for the money the Turbonetics is one "bang for the buck" includes everything you need out of the box... performance, well for know I can tell you that the TT in putting more WHP at the same 8 PSI (Turbonetics don't have to many feedbacks) but both kits are gonna make you smile all day... Personally I like the Greddy 100%
well said...
Old 04-14-2005, 01:25 PM
D_Nyholm

Hehe, after reading this post, I did a search for 'turbonetics' and came up with absolutely nothing except an install/pics thread. Is that really all the info there is on this site about it???
Old 04-14-2005, 01:29 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by D_Nyholm
Hehe, after reading this post, I did a search for 'turbonetics' and came up with absolutely nothing except an install/pics thread. Is that really all the info there is on this site about it???
The video and pics thread has TONS of info but I'll break it down for you..

Kit includes:
60-1 Stage V ceramic ball bearing turbo
Spearco FMIC
380cc drop in plug in injectors
Walbro 255 lph fuel pump
Turbonetics reflash ECU
Turbonetics Evolution Wastegate
Turbonetics Raptor BOV
All stainless steel polished mandrel bent exhaust piping
All aluminum mandrel bent powder coated black chrome intake piping
1 case of Turbonetics TS-1 synthetic oil
12 month/12k mile no fault no hassle warranty on the entire kit

Power:

386 RWHP at 8 PSI with 11:1 AFR on 91 pump gas
409 RWHP at 8.5 PSI with 11:1 AFR on 91 pump gas
Flash good for 9.5 PSI which should give you almost 430 RWHP with 11.5:1 AFR on 91 pump gas.

Price: $4795 from www.avalonracing.net or www.hopupracing.com
Old 04-14-2005, 03:28 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
Power:

386 RWHP at 8 PSI with 11:1 AFR on 91 pump gas
409 RWHP at 8.5 PSI with 11:1 AFR on 91 pump gas
Flash good for 9.5 PSI which should give you almost 430 RWHP with 11.5:1 AFR on 91 pump gas.
Umm.... how should I go about wanting the 8.5 PSI (400WHP)? Is it possible to get it set that way when I buy the kit or should I go about it with a boost controller (or some other means)?

You say the flash is good till 9.5 PSI, also since no cats and what not will there be any concern for throwing a code/cel/etc? Was wondering and thanks again

Last edited by Peking; 04-14-2005 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-14-2005, 03:36 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Peking
Umm.... how should I go about wanting the 8.5 PSI (400WHP)? Is it possible to get it set that way when I buy the kit or should I go about it with a boost controller (or some other means)?

You say the flash is good till 9.5 PSI, also since no cats and what not will there be any concern for throwing a code/cel/etc? Was wondering and thanks again
My car has not thrown a code and it is an 04 so I'm not sure if part of the flash handles that or what.... As for setting it to 8.5 PSI yes a boost controller would be your best bet... You can get a manual one for cheap or a nice Electronic one for as cheap as $300. Personally I'm going to be running the Blitz SBC-iD
Old 04-14-2005, 03:51 PM
taurran

See post about group buy.
Old 04-14-2005, 05:43 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
My car has not thrown a code and it is an 04 so I'm not sure if part of the flash handles that or what.... As for setting it to 8.5 PSI yes a boost controller would be your best bet... You can get a manual one for cheap or a nice Electronic one for as cheap as $300. Personally I'm going to be running the Blitz SBC-iD
Gotcha and thanks.

Originally Posted by taurran
See post about group buy.
Eh? If directed towards me, well sorry... I have been doing my best to keep up with all of the threads on this subject along with the posts... But it has gotten to the point of being a good bit... so was only asking questions that I either didn't remember being asked or wasn't sure where exactly the answer was located (within the other threads/posts).

Oh and thanks again to MIAPLAYA for being incredibly patient and knowledgable/helpful to all of us.