Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Help me out. Any machine shops around?

Old 04-21-2005, 05:37 PM
bascelik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me out. Any machine shops around?

I need to find a machine shop to make me a custom pulley for my Stillen SC. People on these forums pointed me to message bldrz (Eric form Boulder Nissan, CO) in January, but this person got the information from me, told me it will take 12 weeks, and now I cannot get a hold of him, nor get a callback from him (in fact, he has never given me a callback, it would always be me calling him and then him saying how it is not ready, this, that, etc.). I've waited so long with an untuned car, waiting for one last piece (the pulley), and now I'm seeking alternative choices. Can anyone help me find a reputable business where I can get some kind of estimate of how long, how much, and expect they'll stick to it? Thanks all.
Old 04-21-2005, 06:28 PM
g35twinturbo

would a pulley from some kind of blower on a mustang work? i have a stillen stage 2 as well and might get a stage 3 pulley, however if u want more info on a 8 psi pulley let me know, i know the perfect guy for u to talk to
Old 04-21-2005, 07:34 PM
ImportPartsPro
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bascelik
I need to find a machine shop to make me a custom pulley for my Stillen SC. People on these forums pointed me to message bldrz (Eric form Boulder Nissan, CO) in January, but this person got the information from me, told me it will take 12 weeks, and now I cannot get a hold of him, nor get a callback from him (in fact, he has never given me a callback, it would always be me calling him and then him saying how it is not ready, this, that, etc.). I've waited so long with an untuned car, waiting for one last piece (the pulley), and now I'm seeking alternative choices. Can anyone help me find a reputable business where I can get some kind of estimate of how long, how much, and expect they'll stick to it? Thanks all.
Call me tommorrow and I can hook you up with someone local that can make one from you.
Old 04-23-2005, 02:12 PM
bascelik

G35Turbo, the pulley for stillen SC package is not the pulley that goes directly on the blower (since that one is already small). The pulley in question is the blue pulley (red, if stage 3) you see in the front. A 2.74" pulley (stage 2 is about 2.9") would produce approx. 8psi in the summer, and slightly more in the winter (my experience, anyhow). If that's the one you're referring to, we're in sync. If not, well now you know . Not usre if any mustang packages (which use M90 eaton blower, as opposed to Stillen's undersized M62 they put on our car) would have appropriate pulleys.

Bottom line: 2.74" 6-rib pulley, quality work (balanced, etc.).

Kyle, I'm sorry I did not monitor this thread. I'll give you a call start of next week (Mon/Tue).
Old 04-23-2005, 02:36 PM
g35twinturbo

the 8psi pulley i am talking about is what u saw on znitro's car. He said it requires a bigger puley and pump and tune.

I think he got almost 400bhp on it tho.

Let me know and ill give u his cellphone number.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:02 PM
bascelik

Znitro... all I've seen from that dude are dyno #s and little explanation on how he got them. Furthermore, some of those dynos look like they have wrong correction factor -- I mean, 360whp from a Stage 2 Stillen? I don't think so, not even with JWT flywheel. So, as far as Znitro, until I actually find a thread of him explaining exactly what he did to the car (which would be what these forums are for), I ignore the rest.

8psi pulley should be smaller than 7psi. I calculated 2.738" to be precise, which will achieve 8.3psi (from 6.3psi on stage 2). My only error may be that I have measured Stage 2 pulley incorrectly. The formula is: <diameter of stage 2 pulley> / 1.0952. This is at sea level (14.7psi atmos press), which is where I'm at. In elevated areas, this will change.
Old 04-24-2005, 06:14 PM
g35twinturbo

why dont u try the stage 3 before u go and make a custom pulley?

I have actually talked to stillen about znitro and his MODS and they agree that they did it. Its not called a stage 4 its a special stage and they only do it for a few people. its a larger pulley custom tune and i think a bigger injector, not sure if its a new pump or not but its deffinitly close to 400rwhp.
Old 04-25-2005, 08:44 AM
bascelik

My stage 2 produces between 280 and 300whp and around 270wtq. This is pretty much below what Stillen advertises. So, I'm skipping the stage 3, what's the point? My goal is minimum 340whp.

I'm not sure how stillen did it with ZNitro (refer to my post about no details shared), so I'm going with single pulley replacement. If injectors aren't big enough (including the 7th one), they'll be replaced. If pump isn't enough it'll be replaced. But none of that comes to picture until the pulley is made and ready and tried. Hence, I pull you back to step 1: getting a custom pulley .
Old 05-25-2005, 10:15 PM
g35twinturbo

bascelik any update? curious to see what u did.
Old 05-25-2005, 10:55 PM
Znitro

[QUOTE=bascelik]Znitro... all I've seen from that dude are dyno #s and little explanation on how he got them. Furthermore, some of those dynos look like they have wrong correction factor -- I mean, 360whp from a Stage 2 Stillen? I don't think so, not even with JWT flywheel. So, as far as Znitro, until I actually find a thread of him explaining exactly what he did to the car (which would be what these forums are for), I ignore the rest.

Bascelik,

When all was said and done with my car I ended up around 370rwhp from the Stillen M-62 SC. It seems you have not made many friends at Stillen I was also asked to keep some of my engine parameters to myself and not to share with the general public.

The Stillen SC is great and does not cause engine failure as long as the end user does not "F" with it. MOST people do not have that knowlege.

As you and I have discussed before the M-62 runs out of pumping velocities at anything over 8-9 PSI.

With that said, why would you want to go higher without the ability to tune your car correctly if you do not have access to the Stillen FMU program? I did through Stillen R&D ...

I no longer have the SC on the Z ...although it is a great FI option it is not the best for all out top end HP.

Nuff Said...
Old 05-25-2005, 11:41 PM
g35twinturbo

znitro, havent talked to u in a while, i spoke to u a while ago when u were selling your sc. I finally bit the bullet and bought one! www.jdj27x.com/Stillen

I might want to go to stage 3 or (your stage "4") at some point. do u feel that the stage 3 is worth breaking the warranty? can u feel the diffrence? What was done to create that stage 4.

Also, a few people are shooting nos onto their stillen intercooler. what is your insight on that?
Old 05-26-2005, 09:10 AM
Znitro

Also, a few people are shooting nos onto their stillen intercooler. what is your insight on that? [/QUOTE]

I started that and did not see much of an improvment. The best way to more HP is to do a wet NOS injection into the intake tract.

I made over 400rwhp X 410rwtq