Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

APS TT + Dyno-Comp = A++++++

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2005, 01:22 PM
EnthuZiast
Guess whose back, back again...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ZZTop Im sure it matters on the shop and Im sure not every ASE certified mechanic is the same BUT Dyno-Comp is not like ANY OTHER shop in AZ with a bunch of Enthusiasts in their late teens and early twneries (Im not hating Im only 23 ) trying to put advanced TT systems together. These guys just have alot more experience and their mechanics are paid 80K+ and are hand picked. Again this place does CUSTOM EXOTICS and it so overqualified to work on Nissan's it is not even funny.
Did I not mentioned they specialize in RENNTECH and and maintain/service RUF Porsches.

ZZTOP I will be doing my install there May 30th KNOWING WELL that it will cost me AT LEAST 30% ore than any other shop and I am just fine with that knowing what kind of quality people they have there. This was reinforced with the finished product I saw in yoru car. I love how they didn't rush the job to get to the next ccar...they blocked a week + off and one guy to work your ride start to finish. You should have seen the way they were treating you Z when you were not there...they didn't even know I was watching and they were maticulous with it. All even gathered around to give it a final inspect using towels to even open the hood and doors just not to get it dirty.

Again...ZZ great choice on shops and congrats on truly the most bad @ss Z I have seen to date! NOW MORE REVIEWS. How ar ethe brakes holiding up...does it feel different in the corners with the added weight up front?.....any run in with some fun cars yet?....Do you like the 2 guage autometer or would you do 3 if you had to do it over again?......
Old 05-15-2005, 03:34 PM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by EnthuZiast
ZZTop Im sure it matters on the shop and Im sure not every ASE certified mechanic is the same BUT Dyno-Comp is not like ANY OTHER shop in AZ with a bunch of Enthusiasts in their late teens and early twneries (Im not hating Im only 23 ) trying to put advanced TT systems together. These guys just have alot more experience and their mechanics are paid 80K+ and are hand picked. Again this place does CUSTOM EXOTICS and it so overqualified to work on Nissan's it is not even funny.
Did I not mentioned they specialize in RENNTECH and and maintain/service RUF Porsches.

ZZTOP I will be doing my install there May 30th KNOWING WELL that it will cost me AT LEAST 30% ore than any other shop and I am just fine with that knowing what kind of quality people they have there. This was reinforced with the finished product I saw in yoru car. I love how they didn't rush the job to get to the next ccar...they blocked a week + off and one guy to work your ride start to finish. You should have seen the way they were treating you Z when you were not there...they didn't even know I was watching and they were maticulous with it. All even gathered around to give it a final inspect using towels to even open the hood and doors just not to get it dirty.

Again...ZZ great choice on shops and congrats on truly the most bad @ss Z I have seen to date! NOW MORE REVIEWS. How ar ethe brakes holiding up...does it feel different in the corners with the added weight up front?.....any run in with some fun cars yet?....Do you like the 2 guage autometer or would you do 3 if you had to do it over again?......
Thanks for letting me know how well they treated my car. I expected as much, since the car really looked like it hadn't even been touched.

Since you saw me, I've been working pretty much non-stop, so I've had little time to play with the car. I thought 3 gauges up in my face might be too much.....that's why I went with the two. By the way, the Defi-D gauges look killer at night.

My car has the Brembos, so I don't expect any brake issues. Handling feels exactly the same. No run ins with other cars, but I've got a buddy with an M3 who talks smack all the time. I emailed him my dyno chart and he's hiding now. I'll find his a$$ when I get the time.
Old 05-15-2005, 05:51 PM
joebud

Originally Posted by xxlbeerZ
Anyone can get ASE certified if they pay the fees.
He is a "Factory trained" ASE certified Tech.
Old 05-15-2005, 09:02 PM
EnthuZiast

Joebud...are you Joe from DynoComp??
Old 05-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think ASE cert is the icing on the cake. Sounds like you had a VERY good experience with this shop, and to me, thats what's important. I would trust my car only to someone with extensive "tuning" experience with the 350Z, and if they happened to have an ASE cert of some kind, then that is great too.

You are probably right on with the exhuast system..open that thing up!
Old 05-16-2005, 07:43 AM
ZZtopp

Enthuziast.....

I may see you down the at Dyno-Comp again soon......I'm going to see if I can get the APS exhaust installed this month.

Congrats on having them install your Vortech system. I'm sure they'll do a phenomenal job. A few extra bucks to ensure quality work and correct/safe tuning are certainly worth it.
Old 05-16-2005, 08:15 AM
EnthuZiast

I may be going APS Exhaust as well. It looks like a really nice true dual to me.
I will most likely do what you are and that is drive the car for a month or so and get used to its power so I can tell what difference the exhaust makes.

Drop me a PM or email TomOlufsen@yahoo.com when you are in town next!
Old 05-16-2005, 08:38 AM
ZZtopp

I may be going APS Exhaust as well. It looks like a really nice true dual to me.
I will most likely do what you are and that is drive the car for a month or so and get used to its power so I can tell what difference the exhaust makes.

Drop me a PM or email TomOlufsen@yahoo.com when you are in town next!
Will do. I talked with Richard this morning, and barring any changes in my work schedule, I'll be there on Monday, May 23. The additional bump in power will be nice......
Old 05-16-2005, 08:42 AM
EnthuZiast

Wow thats really soon.
You know I bet you will get around 30 or so WHP with that mod and your setup.
I work WAY TOO MUCH but I will try and make it over there Monday on my lunch to see that beast again.

By the way I bet you have almost doubled your miles...you car only has liek 13K on it since 02 right?
Old 05-16-2005, 08:50 AM
ZZtopp

Wow thats really soon.
You know I bet you will get around 30 or so WHP with that mod and your setup.
I work WAY TOO MUCH but I will try and make it over there Monday on my lunch to see that beast again.

By the way I bet you have almost doubled your miles...you car only has liek 13K on it since 02 right?

Nah, about 11500 right now. It's not my daily driver, and I've been too busy lately to enjoy it much, but when I do drive it, it's amazing.
Old 06-17-2005, 09:52 PM
joebud

Joebud...are you Joe from DynoComp??
yup
Old 06-18-2005, 08:25 AM
EnthuZiast

JOE whats up!
Sorry I wasn't able to follow through with the install. I don't know if you heard but I am looking for a built mototr and then it looks like APS Single Turbo
Please PM me an install quote for:

NISMO EXHAUST
JWT POP-CHARGER
CRAWFORD HI-FLOW CATS
DYNO RUN

P.S. Glad to see you on here! You guys deserve ALL the AZ bsuiness. The shop is second to none.

Last edited by EnthuZiast; 06-18-2005 at 08:28 AM.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:11 AM
joebud

thanks for the good words. don't worry about the install. sounds like you going all out. with a crate motor we can turn the boost up.
Old 06-18-2005, 09:15 AM
ZZtopp

Hey Joe,

Please thank Richard and John for me......the car is running great and hits even harder with the new exhaust. You guys should open up a shop in Las Vegas!
Old 06-18-2005, 09:28 AM
EnthuZiast

ZZ you got the new exhaust!? Pics?
Old 06-18-2005, 09:33 AM
xxlbeerZ

ZZ needs to make a vid
Old 06-18-2005, 11:05 AM
davewo

How did they tune your car? Did they re-map your ECU? I wish I could get 400 rwhp on my APS.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:32 AM
ZZtopp

Originally Posted by davewo
How did they tune your car? Did they re-map your ECU? I wish I could get 400 rwhp on my APS.
They didn't reflash the OEM ECU, they just tuned the Unichip software to get the power where it. According to Robert, who did the tuning, it's very safe. The retune after the install of the exhaust added 36 HP and I think about 45 Lbs. tq. I still have the stock cats due to Nevada yearly emissions testing. I don't think I'd want to push any more power out of the stock engine....the car is plenty fast as it is.
Old 06-18-2005, 12:37 PM
EnthuZiast

DUDE 400HP! Richard was saying that with FI the APS exhaust was capapble of prouding 40WHP but to be honest I thought he was way overshooting...maybe I was wrong!
Old 06-18-2005, 02:06 PM
ZZtopp

DUDE 400HP! Richard was saying that with FI the APS exhaust was capapble of prouding 40WHP but to be honest I thought he was way overshooting...maybe I was wrong!
Here's the dyno. They said it was at 10 lbs boost, but the gauge is only showing 9. Runs like a dream.
Attached Thumbnails APS TT + Dyno-Comp = A++++++-dyno.jpg  

Quick Reply: APS TT + Dyno-Comp = A++++++