Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

2nd day into the built motor project

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 01:49 AM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have done alot of posting on the forums here for info and thank everyone for helping me get to this point!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 04:29 AM
mcderns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! Glad to hear that it fired right up! Just in time for the weekend too!
Old 07-27-2005, 03:13 AM
overZealous1

thanks mcderns! it would be great if the s.o. b. ran for more than a couple hours. i ran diodes on the ignition outputs of the emanage and still burned up coils during tuning and trouble coding phase. looking at doing the emanage ultimate right now.
the fuel delivery is insane at this point but need to hit dyno to confirm. i am running very large injectors for the emange to try to compensate for on initial start up. it ran beautiful for a couple hours, then boof, emanage had some issues.
heading for tuning session tomorrow, but feeling solid about big numbers when all tuning done.
Old 07-27-2005, 06:03 AM
theking

I have a full set of extra coils from my old motor. Shoot me a pm if you need em. I'll let them go for cheap to help out a fellow FI VQ.
Originally Posted by overZealous1
thanks mcderns! it would be great if the s.o. b. ran for more than a couple hours. i ran diodes on the ignition outputs of the emanage and still burned up coils during tuning and trouble coding phase. looking at doing the emanage ultimate right now.
the fuel delivery is insane at this point but need to hit dyno to confirm. i am running very large injectors for the emange to try to compensate for on initial start up. it ran beautiful for a couple hours, then boof, emanage had some issues.
heading for tuning session tomorrow, but feeling solid about big numbers when all tuning done.
Old 07-27-2005, 08:48 AM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by theking
I have a full set of extra coils from my old motor. Shoot me a pm if you need em. I'll let them go for cheap to help out a fellow FI VQ.
thanks, but i had 2 overnighted from cali. hoping car will start and drive. if not it's a flatbed to the tuners today!!!
Old 07-28-2005, 08:21 AM
overZealous1

yes it was a flatbed!!! lol. the emanage is doing incredibly weird crap. the guys at torque freaks had not seen my condition before and did not know what the blinking red-green light meant. anybody had this condition and figured it out?
the communication light will flash also once the memory card in the e-01 loads. it will not show any values on any of the tables when connected to the emanage but if unplugged will show a few values randomly on some of the tables.
it is sending the motor signals to heavily misfire. po300 is the only code that is showing on the stock ecu with no codes coming from the emanage. i'm guessing it is something simple, but being very elusive to find.
Old 07-28-2005, 04:04 PM
booger

Including my self , there are several people running bigger injectors and a return fuel systrem...some with cams . Getting the multiple miss fire code . No one seems to know what it is
Old 07-28-2005, 04:48 PM
overZealous1

my prob is really weird though. the po300 (random misfire code) seems to just be a product of another larger problem. i am running nismo cams so i feel comfortable that the cams are correctly set up for the sensors.
the tuner said my emanage crashed his laptop 7 times and he was bairily able to communicate with it. even adjust meants he could make would instantly erase and make no effect on the car. i am having a feeling it is an issue with the emanage internals that failed. it was a new unit and not a proven one. i could easily spend $550 having them tear the car apart looking for the prob, but i am thinking of just getting the emanage ultimite. i triple checked all my connections and soldered, wrapped with self vulcanizing rubber and wrapped with electrical tape after that. i am hard pressed to think it to be wiring. i want them to test a few more things with the emanage unit and if we all feel 75% it is emanage i will get the ultimate overnighted.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:38 PM
zzzanax

hey scooter emanage shmemanage why dont you just manage to figure it out allready dump that weemanage and settle for nothing less than the ultimate. and could you post some pics of your bottom end from what i can see its very well built.

Last edited by zzzanax; 08-01-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 05:51 PM
overZealous1

Originally Posted by zzzanax
hey scooter emanage shmemanage why dont you just manage to figure it out allready dump that weemanage and settle for nothing less than the ultimate. and could you post some pics of your bottom end from what i can see its very well built.

i have posted pics of the entire build. just need to go through and look at all the postings. have documented the whole build from bottom end to ported heads to the fuel system. unfortuneatly the ultimate was not available when i bought my emanage blue, and alot of people here are running it with good results.
well i have found out that the guy i took it to has only had time to put 3 hours into my car since last wednesday. tried loading the firmware again but having intermitent luck with it. i do not want to wait any longer, but not real happy as to the fact it cost me $150 to get the car there, and will cost $150 to get it back now with still having the same problem!!! but right now all the stuff they are doing i could do in my shop for free. car has been down for over 2 months and i am getting super impatient and quite frankly f&#&%king pissed now. all the wiring appears to be fine, which really leaves it just to a emanage glitch.
already talked to sharif about overnighting the ultimate to me, just want to have these guys perform one more test before i have to pay the $150 tow bill back.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:20 PM
overZealous1

ok emanage ultimate is being overnighted by sharif and will see it tomorrow. down loaded all the install portions of the manual so it should be a pretty easy swap. i would like to drive my car before the snow comes back!!!!lol
Old 10-29-2005, 03:18 PM
overZealous1

ok, well finally i can do an update to this post, lol. looking at the very first post i did i hate to count the months it has been to get my car sorted. especially since i set a date of 2-3 weeks from start to finish originally!!
well the first e blue took a turd on me with in about an hour after first start up. got the eu and had problems almost from the get go. thinking no way it could be the new eu, i had to pull the car partially back apart and test everything. i even bought an oscilliscope to test even deaper. finally after 2 months of spuratic testing and much throwing of tools, i had to send the eu back to sharif for testing, it was confirmed, a bad eu. sounds like i am the only one to ever have a problem with it. sharif is replacing it free of charge and now i am finally excited again about my car!!!
and can hopefully put this post to rest, lol. i can't imagine there is a prob with the stock ecu, as it runs good with the stock injectors and bypassing all the eu wiring, but i have to say i have had some crappy luck with computers on this car.
Old 10-29-2005, 04:10 PM
BoOsTedz33TT

i had the emanage ultimate, it fried 4 coils and my ecu. My car has been in the shop for a month because of the emanage, The instructions they give is wrong, greddy even confirmend when we called them. They sent a new ecu and a new EU to me, my car is still running weird, with the EU installed now, so we took it off, and went back to stock, car still runs weird. I like greddy, but IMO the emanage sucks. I ended up going with a HKS fcon VPRO, at a very sweet deal. After the SEMA show, my car will be going under tuning. Someone needs to post the EU flaws. If you need to know all the problem i had PM me. I dont wanna bash greddy, they paid for the damage, but in the wiring diagram there are flaws, for example ie: pink=p purple=w, in the instruction i recieved, they had the ignition install all messed up, they were confusing pink with purple and purple with pink......your not alone...bro, if your doing all your work, your saving money, ide get a HKS vpro, ask anyone, thats the best ecu right now for the Z, i paid 535 for the EU, the Vpro is 1390.00 retail, if you have a Vpro tuner around you, go with it. You got a bad *** engine, go with a bad *** ECU

Last edited by BoOsTedz33TT; 10-29-2005 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-29-2005, 10:23 PM
mchapman

Originally Posted by imoz
I had these kinds of frustrating things happen with my old Bimmer but I persevered. After 4 months of wrenching and $6k, I finally got it finished and put together right.

It caught fire on the test drive.

Good luck, and remember to keep a fire extinguisher in the car.
Jesus!