Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Don't Buy Zeitronix Products

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2005, 08:58 PM
xxlbeerZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by backagain
got an email back, basically told me to buy another sensor. they go bad, i understand that, so do tires, but if after a year and a tire starts to feather, do they not replace it ?

I did want one, but if you web search other people ***** about them as well (bad sensors and units, though not always the O2, I've seen other posts about their $130 boost sensor being bad out of the box and they always blame the customer). Also, most shops I talked to told me all-in-ones suck, so I bought needle gauges.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:05 PM
backagain

if i get my point acros to one person, that is all that matters to me, i understand that several of you may think that this is a childish post. but put yourself in my shoes. or in anyones shoes who puts money in their car and a part goes bad after a few months. its very frustrating, and u can't say it isn't, something should be done about this problem. I know that 02 sensors can go bad, i've done some reading up on it. and they are from bosch, so why doesn't zeitronix even offer me to contact them instead of giving me the boot and giving me a link directly to BUY ANOTHER SENSOR !!!. sure i'll probably go ahead and buy another sensor, take it up the A$$ and be done with it, but not until i get my point across.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:23 PM
zzzya

Make sure you research other places to buy the sensor from. I had similar issues as you did but with another company and my sensor went bad in a few days, yet the company did nothing and said to order a new sensor. Thankfully I went through an incredible retailer who took care of the issue and no problems since (had nothing to do with install). When I was told to buy another sensor I decided to shop around and found a VW retailer that sold the same Bosch sensor for about $38 plus shipping. If the sensor is the same then this is much cheaper than some of these companies try to nail you for a replacement sensor.

https://www.1stvwparts.com/keyword.html

I searched by "part # lookup" and used part #021-906-262-B, make=VW

You may find Zeitronix uses a different part number, but it would still be worth shopping around as you might find the same situation.
Old 07-13-2005, 09:30 PM
narkotic

Regardless of the return policy, the customer service as exemplified by the e-mails plain out stinks.
Old 07-13-2005, 10:18 PM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

+1
Old 07-13-2005, 10:50 PM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

phone calls are usually more effective than email. good luck.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:38 AM
booger

Wonder if Zeitronix is ran out of this guys house ? That would answer why he only takes emails . It isn't a good way to do buisness
Old 07-14-2005, 06:37 AM
tig488

zeitronix doesnt make the sensors, they just sell them, and all 02 sensors have short lifespans, some more than others. but they all go bad, and just because you found one post about somebody elses experience, how many do you think are out there about the others. im satisfied with mine.
Old 07-14-2005, 06:51 AM
Phatmitzu

I used Zeitronix for a while now with no problem. Parts side at least. Have not deal with their customer service dep. yet. They have fast shipping tho.
Old 07-14-2005, 07:13 PM
luanda

I too am quite disgusted by my tuner...make grand claims about how they deserve top dollar....until something goes wrong. The they take their time to return messages with no value, if at all....

The emails shown above are rude. The argument that it's a Bosch sensor so you should have to call Bosch is a crock. Zietronix sourced the sensor....they should give you a new one and deal with Bosch offline.

You should show them your thread, and keep at 'em. Check their website for warranty info. Why are there some many poor suppliers in this tuning game?

Good luck mate. I know how you feel.

Last edited by luanda; 07-14-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:02 PM
N4Spd

Default this worked for me

ok, hopefully my experience with failure will help some others...

1. my zt-2 started showing lean (21), every once in a while it'll bounce a little but mostly 21. took out zt-2 and looked at wiring but nothing seemed wrong. rpm, boost, and other signals still worked. sounds familiar?

2. yes, some bosches have gone south early, so I ordered a replacement sensor from vwparts (forgot the number but I think I posted about it before).

3. put in sensor in and got same results... hmm...

4. took out a multimeter and started measuring. Well, it's not the bosch sensor. It's the *network cat5" cable that was used to connect the zt-2 with the bosch. The bosch cable is nicely shielded and ribbed. The network cat5 cable has thin wires *tightly* bundled together in a *black* housing. I don't think it was designed for high temp areas. Some wires in that cable were shorted out.

5. try this, use you hand to bend the cat5 cable, especially near the hot cat conv. I found a section that was hard/stiff (because of fused wires). I had zipped it out of the way by 3-6 inches but that's not enough.

6. I cut that section out, reconnected the wires. Tested with multimeter to be ok again. This time, I shielded the black cable inside some spiral cabling like that used in stereo installers (puts some air, and space between heat and cable) and re-routed as far up the trans. tunnel as possible.

7. plugged this back in and everything works great again! did I mention I paid $38 for the sensor?

in summary, I feel the cat5 cable needs to be upgraded by the vendor... overall though, hiccups are the norm with upgrading (at least in my experience) so take it as a learning opportunity...

best of luck,
rob

(ps, if you can't get it to work, pm me and I'll buy it from you, cheap of course.... 8^)
Old 07-14-2005, 08:15 PM
backagain

so u are saying the cable from the sensor to the zeitronix brain went out on yours ? do u have a pic of what you did to fix yours ?
Old 07-14-2005, 09:52 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by luanda
The emails shown above are rude. The argument that it's a Bosch sensor so you should have to call Bosch is a crock. Zietronix sourced the sensor....they should give you a new one and deal with Bosch offline.

You should show them your thread, and keep at 'em. Check their website for warranty info. Why are there some many poor suppliers in this tuning game?

Good luck mate. I know how you feel.
rediculous. Zietronix in NO WAY owes him a 02 sensor. They are WEAR items. The sensor was NOT DEFECTIVE... defective 02 sensors do not work for 4-5 months. I have had a single bad wideband 02 sensor in my LIFE, and it went out within hours of use.

Their emails certainly are not rude at all... they gave him tech advice help for the first few emails. After that there was nothing left to say other then tell him he should buy a new sensor.

You shouldn't show them your thread, you should apologize and have the thread closed and buy a new sensor and move on with your life. This is not a big deal here. The sensor probably went out from a wack tune anyway.

It sounds to me here based on what others are saying is that Zietronix makes and awesome product (never used one myself), and that they warrenty out the parts that they manufacture if there REALLY IS something defective... but unfortunatly for those who would like to take advantage of them by using public bashing on forums as leverage to get free stuff out of them... it looks like they are gonna stand up for themselves.

I like them even more, and I will go ahead and look into purchasing their products... my civic could use a wideband datalogger. IMHO, this thread shows more about the poor attitudes of guys building their cars, then it shows of them being a poor company.

The thread is titled "Dont buy from Zeitronix" ... what it probably screams to all the vendors on this site is: "Dont sell to backagain"...

Think really hard about this one. How many sales has this guy posting this BS on multiple forums cost that company? Probably a LOT. All because they A: wouldnt give him free stuff when hes not mature enough to take on his own responsibility for his car... or was it B: Because they didnt hold his hand long enough to explain WHY they are not gonna give him free stuff.

I think if they are guilty of anything, its B.... do they deserve all this negative attention for that? Hardly. There are more people browsing this forum then there are actually reading every page in depth. Most people are going to see just his intial post and they will be left with a bad taste in their mouth about an innocent company.

someone delete this thread already. e-thugs do no one any good.

Last edited by phunk; 07-14-2005 at 10:19 PM.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:16 PM
Nismo350ZRT

Well I'm still going to buy the Zeitronix regardless of this thread. I just don't understand why ppl bash a company when they've had an instance of bad luck. Stuff breaks...deal with it.
Old 07-14-2005, 10:24 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally Posted by Nismo350ZRT
Well I'm still going to buy the Zeitronix regardless of this thread. I just don't understand why ppl bash a company when they've had an instance of bad luck. Stuff breaks...deal with it.
good man. Someone should take this thread and turn it into a group buy for Zeitronix.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:49 AM
booger

My shop shorted out my Zeitronix on install . I pulled it and sent it back and they fixed it for $35.00 . I dont like emails for doing buisness but they walked me threw trying to figure out what it was that was wrong . For the price of the whole unit , its well worth it and they use great sensors for every thing . A/F , EGT , and boost . Even with out a phone...I'd still buy another
Old 07-15-2005, 06:36 AM
tig488

^ditto.
Old 07-15-2005, 04:02 PM
AmyCroft

Originally Posted by phunk
good man. Someone should take this thread and turn it into a group buy for Zeitronix.

And Booger Wrote:

My shop shorted out my Zeitronix on install . I pulled it and sent it back and they fixed it for $35.00 . I dont like emails for doing buisness but they walked me threw trying to figure out what it was that was wrong . For the price of the whole unit , its well worth it and they use great sensors for every thing . A/F , EGT , and boost . Even with out a phone...I'd still buy another

Charles, I think you are right.

I haven't had time to sit down and look at the Zeitronix yet...
But I think Gergen (Sp ??) has one in his G35 TT Sedan. I'll have him show me the "Goodies".

Cheers Amy -

CJ - Update your Cig - er I mean Sig.
Old 07-15-2005, 06:15 PM
luanda

Charles,

You are entitled to your opinion, and I am entitled to mine. Yours is one of the tuner's bias. Mine is one of the consumer's bias. Just about every consumer product out there has a one year warranty, so it's not absurd to think that most parts you buy should be warrantied for about that long....geez six months at least. A wear item wearing prematurely is still a quality issue. I would think they would want the part back to see what happened.

What you consider hand-holding I consider the difference between an excellent and simply adequate merchant.

I for one want to hear about such grief so I can form my own opinion. I value threads like these.

BTW, I have been trying to get a hold of you, The CAS Wire is still giving me grief...it still ain't working...wanted to chat 'bout it with you. Hope you don't call that hand-holding.

Originally Posted by phunk
rediculous. Zietronix in NO WAY owes him a 02 sensor. They are WEAR items. The sensor was NOT DEFECTIVE... defective 02 sensors do not work for 4-5 months. I have had a single bad wideband 02 sensor in my LIFE, and it went out within hours of use.

Their emails certainly are not rude at all... they gave him tech advice help for the first few emails. After that there was nothing left to say other then tell him he should buy a new sensor.

You shouldn't show them your thread, you should apologize and have the thread closed and buy a new sensor and move on with your life. This is not a big deal here. The sensor probably went out from a wack tune anyway.

It sounds to me here based on what others are saying is that Zietronix makes and awesome product (never used one myself), and that they warrenty out the parts that they manufacture if there REALLY IS something defective... but unfortunatly for those who would like to take advantage of them by using public bashing on forums as leverage to get free stuff out of them... it looks like they are gonna stand up for themselves.

I like them even more, and I will go ahead and look into purchasing their products... my civic could use a wideband datalogger. IMHO, this thread shows more about the poor attitudes of guys building their cars, then it shows of them being a poor company.

The thread is titled "Dont buy from Zeitronix" ... what it probably screams to all the vendors on this site is: "Dont sell to backagain"...

Think really hard about this one. How many sales has this guy posting this BS on multiple forums cost that company? Probably a LOT. All because they A: wouldnt give him free stuff when hes not mature enough to take on his own responsibility for his car... or was it B: Because they didnt hold his hand long enough to explain WHY they are not gonna give him free stuff.

I think if they are guilty of anything, its B.... do they deserve all this negative attention for that? Hardly. There are more people browsing this forum then there are actually reading every page in depth. Most people are going to see just his intial post and they will be left with a bad taste in their mouth about an innocent company.

someone delete this thread already. e-thugs do no one any good.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:12 PM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Originally Posted by luanda

BTW, I have been trying to get a hold of you, The CAS Wire is still giving me grief...it still ain't working...wanted to chat 'bout it with you. Hope you don't call that hand-holding.
I have not had any phone messages or emails or PMs from you regarding this. How have you been trying to get ahold of me?

How can I help you?

As for warrenties... I am not sure where you have seen such things... but warrenties on race/performance parts are essentially non-existent. The fact that he has gone thru multiple wideband O2 sensors prematurely screams to me bad tune or incorrect installation.

Quick Reply: Don't Buy Zeitronix Products