Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Don't Buy Zeitronix Products

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 08:24 PM
luanda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Charles,

Hello again, No, I have not left you a message....just mentioned in passing in the thread. I will PM you versus hijack the thread any further.

WRT Zeitronix, I did just check their site...
http://www.zeitronix.com/about%20us/about%20us.htm
They do clearly state that sensors are not warrantied. Oh well.

I am just getting rather frustrated of having to pay for the same component again and again and again. Arghh!

Thanks,

Chris

Originally Posted by phunk
I have not had any phone messages or emails or PMs from you regarding this. How have you been trying to get ahold of me?

How can I help you?

As for warrenties... I am not sure where you have seen such things... but warrenties on race/performance parts are essentially non-existent. The fact that he has gone thru multiple wideband O2 sensors prematurely screams to me bad tune or incorrect installation.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:49 PM
brooke

Thats really bad to hear and I was going to purchase that unit but not now...
Old 07-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Phaneom

I have had my Zeitronix for about 5 months now, and I have had no problems. Don't not buy it just because one person has had a bad experience. That is like saying I will never buy a 350Z because of the problems with the grease make on the window, or the transmission problems that a few people have had. Not saying that you ^%#^ed it up….. but and O2 sensor is very sensitive. You may have even knocked it when installing it and shortened it’s life. It’s hard to warranty something like that, especially when it is sensitive to different environments. I love my Zeitronics unit. I don't think there is a need to flame the company for something like this.

Rob J

Last edited by Phaneom; 07-16-2005 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Phaneom

You said it very well....... ++++++++++1 to you statement. I also think you should apologize to Zeitronix for this thread. I bet they lost a few customers because of this BS.

Originally Posted by phunk
rediculous. Zietronix in NO WAY owes him a 02 sensor. They are WEAR items. The sensor was NOT DEFECTIVE... defective 02 sensors do not work for 4-5 months. I have had a single bad wideband 02 sensor in my LIFE, and it went out within hours of use.

Their emails certainly are not rude at all... they gave him tech advice help for the first few emails. After that there was nothing left to say other then tell him he should buy a new sensor.

You shouldn't show them your thread, you should apologize and have the thread closed and buy a new sensor and move on with your life. This is not a big deal here. The sensor probably went out from a wack tune anyway.

It sounds to me here based on what others are saying is that Zietronix makes and awesome product (never used one myself), and that they warrenty out the parts that they manufacture if there REALLY IS something defective... but unfortunatly for those who would like to take advantage of them by using public bashing on forums as leverage to get free stuff out of them... it looks like they are gonna stand up for themselves.

I like them even more, and I will go ahead and look into purchasing their products... my civic could use a wideband datalogger. IMHO, this thread shows more about the poor attitudes of guys building their cars, then it shows of them being a poor company.

The thread is titled "Dont buy from Zeitronix" ... what it probably screams to all the vendors on this site is: "Dont sell to backagain"...

Think really hard about this one. How many sales has this guy posting this BS on multiple forums cost that company? Probably a LOT. All because they A: wouldnt give him free stuff when hes not mature enough to take on his own responsibility for his car... or was it B: Because they didnt hold his hand long enough to explain WHY they are not gonna give him free stuff.

I think if they are guilty of anything, its B.... do they deserve all this negative attention for that? Hardly. There are more people browsing this forum then there are actually reading every page in depth. Most people are going to see just his intial post and they will be left with a bad taste in their mouth about an innocent company.

someone delete this thread already. e-thugs do no one any good.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:19 PM
Phaneom

"The thread is titled "Dont buy from Zeitronix" ... what it probably screams to all the vendors on this site is: "Dont sell to backagain"...

Think really hard about this one. How many sales has this guy posting this BS on multiple forums cost that company? Probably a LOT. All because they A: wouldnt give him free stuff when hes not mature enough to take on his own responsibility for his car... or was it B: Because they didnt hold his hand long enough to explain WHY they are not gonna give him free stuff." By Phunk

So true...... I just hope people can see the through this thread and over look it.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:40 AM
brooke

Point taken but when your wideband goes bad be sure to post here so we can all laugh at you. The company should take of this situation if they were any kind of a Legit business since it was working and failed in such a short period of time...
brooke
Old 07-17-2005, 04:23 PM
Phaneom

You can laugh all you want if mine goes bad. I was not laughing at the guy becasue his went bad. I just feel bad that a comapny may get a bad rep (some people already changing their mind about buying it) becasue of one problem, with not to may occurances. If you want to laugh at me if mine goes bad go right head. There is always an $%#hole out there.
Old 07-18-2005, 05:23 AM
brooke

(There is always an $%#hole out there.)

You really shouldn't be so hard on yourself!!!
brooke
Old 07-18-2005, 08:55 AM
Phaneom

"You really shouldn't be so hard on yourself!!!"
Not even going to respond to that. Anyways hope you fix your problem with the O2 sensor. Maybe if they don't want to pay for 100% replacement then you can try to make a deal with the for like 50%, or something. Becasue who knows what the problem is with it might have been the install, might be a faulty sensor. Hmmm also is your car running rich? I heard that that is a big problem with an O2 sensor going bad.
Old 07-18-2005, 12:21 PM
Nismo350ZRT

I just ordered my Zeitronix Zt-2 + LCD bundle plus the EGT probe, Boost sensor, O2 bung, and USB serial adapter for the laptop. That's $609 dollars of business for Zeitronix.
Old 07-18-2005, 01:09 PM
backagain

Originally Posted by Phaneom
"You really shouldn't be so hard on yourself!!!"
Not even going to respond to that. Anyways hope you fix your problem with the O2 sensor. Maybe if they don't want to pay for 100% replacement then you can try to make a deal with the for like 50%, or something. Becasue who knows what the problem is with it might have been the install, might be a faulty sensor. Hmmm also is your car running rich? I heard that that is a big problem with an O2 sensor going bad.

thanks man, yea, a split would be fine with me, i know that we can't 100 % tell why it went wrong, it just did, maybe my car being too rich is a problem with it, the sensor is working at the moment, but only after like 15 min of driving. hopefully i will be getting my car retuned in a few weeks along with new plugs today, my main objective at the moment is to see why my car keeps going into limp mode, usually doesn't do it if i have a full tank of gas, usually when i have 1/2 tank or less.

i just want people to know why i started this thread, it was for me to get something for free, or to try and put a company out of business. It was to warn people of them not replacing the sensor. yes it was my fault for not completely reading on their page that they dont' replace it. but like i said, other companies do replace them. i just felt people should be warned, so that when/if their sensor goes bad, don't go asking zeitronix for another one. and as far as the AEM sensor going bad, it wasn't from an install, it never worked, AEM even replaced it no questions asked, they tested it when they got it back and concluded it was a dud from day one. they didn't sit there and email me 5 or 6 times saying that it is the connector possibly.oh well, i got my point across to a few of you who read this, and to those of you who think that this is a childish thread and im trying to get something for free. u need to put yourself in someones position who is going through this. it isn't fun, yes i have forked out almost 7k or so for f/i, but does that make it ok for another $60 or so just to be thrown out the window for another sensor that can't be proven to be bad on my part ?
Old 07-20-2005, 01:30 AM
Z BOY

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zzzya
Make sure you research other places to buy the sensor from. I had similar issues as you did but with another company and my sensor went bad in a few days, yet the company did nothing and said to order a new sensor. Thankfully I went through an incredible retailer who took care of the issue and no problems since (had nothing to do with install). When I was told to buy another sensor I decided to shop around and found a VW retailer that sold the same Bosch sensor for about $38 plus shipping. If the sensor is the same then this is much cheaper than some of these companies try to nail you for a replacement sensor.

https://www.1stvwparts.com/keyword.html

I searched by "part # lookup" and used part #021-906-262-B, make=VW

You may find Zeitronix uses a different part number, but it would still be worth shopping around as you might find the same situation.
zzzya, are you saying i could buy the sensor from the above company for $38 instead of paying zeitronix $109 for theirs? There is nothing, like the connecting cable, that the zeitronix one comes with that the vw one doesn't?
thanx.
Ps: can the egt probe be acquired elsewhere cheaper than the $65 zeitronix wants?

Last edited by Z BOY; 07-20-2005 at 01:35 AM.
Old 07-20-2005, 01:34 AM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by backagain
so u are saying the cable from the sensor to the zeitronix brain went out on yours ? do u have a pic of what you did to fix yours ?
+1?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:23 PM
Z BOY

Originally Posted by Z BOY
zzzya, are you saying i could buy the sensor from the above company for $38 instead of paying zeitronix $109 for theirs? There is nothing, like the connecting cable, that the zeitronix one comes with that the vw one doesn't?
thanx.
Ps: can the egt probe be acquired elsewhere cheaper than the $65 zeitronix wants?
anyone?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:40 PM
backagain

come on someone, i need this info. would like to purchase a sensor sometime soon, and would like to say a little cash if i could.