Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

thinking of getting new fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2005, 08:08 PM
backagain

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking of getting new fuel pump

thinking of getting the walbo fuel pump. i have a stock fuel pump right now, with vortech sc and stock injectors, i as wondering since the walbro pumps more fuel if the car has to be retuned if i get ust the fuel pump and keep stock injectors. or if there is any point in getting just the walbro fuel pump without getting aftermarket injectors. thanks.
Old 07-20-2005, 04:32 AM
jpc350z

Originally Posted by backagain
thinking of getting the walbo fuel pump. i have a stock fuel pump right now, with vortech sc and stock injectors, i as wondering since the walbro pumps more fuel if the car has to be retuned if i get ust the fuel pump and keep stock injectors. or if there is any point in getting just the walbro fuel pump without getting aftermarket injectors. thanks.
Re-tune is probably necessary w/walbro just to be safe and larger injectors would compliment the upgrade since the stock injectors are probably close to max'ing out. Don't want to be on the edge of safety..Additional margin makes you sleep better.. Btw I'm thinking of the same upgrades..
Old 07-20-2005, 08:04 AM
socalsean

Originally Posted by jpc350z
Re-tune is probably necessary w/walbro just to be safe and larger injectors would compliment the upgrade since the stock injectors are probably close to max'ing out. Don't want to be on the edge of safety..Additional margin makes you sleep better.. Btw I'm thinking of the same upgrades..
I agree with jpc350z. When upgrading your fuel system with a larger pump and or injectors you're changing a lot of vital components which will necessitate retuning your ecu to take complete advantage of the modifications. You could probably get away without the ecu tune, but you'd be running really rich and maybe even loose some power down low.

sean