Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

FI Vids

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2005, 11:16 PM
mrtomcat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Randys_G
what else do you have done besides your TT? Motor built?
Stock motor, crawford plenum, Ultimate Racing High Flow Cats and APS Exhaust, that's about it for power adders
Old 09-27-2005, 11:21 PM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by RTracing
mrtomcat, when are the next drags at california speedway? I want to go.
They are done with the private events for the year There are two more public street legals one in nov and one in dec, I might go there but there are just sooo many cars.

I usually go every thursday to Irwindale (1/8 mile) including this coming one.
and LACR ever so often but that one is just sooooo slow.

You should come to Irwindale would be cool to have another fast Z there.
Just make sure you got a roll bar since you put that much more power down than me and I am right at the border...(7.5 is the magic number).
Old 09-28-2005, 12:04 AM
RTracing

what time thursday does it start?
Old 09-28-2005, 06:27 AM
phunk
CJ Motorsports

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

does anyone have hosted my video from last year with a bunch of racing around i did on the stock engine with the billy idol soundtrack? i have it at home of course, but i am at work and wanted to show it to a guy here.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:07 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Originally Posted by mrtomcat
I had posted these in the drag section before but here they are again:

These are from Cali Speedway 8/12/2005 at 2200 elevation first time taking the TT Z to the 1/4 mile track.

Helmet Cam Videos:
(second run is the last run on the next video...

IGOTTAZ's FI Challenge 08/12/2005...mine is the last run...

IGOTTAZ is on his Greddy TT (the purpleish Z) Alpine is on APS TT (the Blue Z) I am on APS TT(The Black Z)

note: these were taken prior to line locks.
correction...according to their website, they are 1100 ft above sea level. Nice vid.
Old 09-28-2005, 07:17 AM
GlenRoseFireFighter

Here's the video from my 12.125 run, unfortunately I didn't plug the mic in correctly so there's no sound...but if you watch the tach you see some magic

Note: this was at 2200 elevation, strong headwinds, 80 degrees and thick as air....yes you guessed it: California Speedway

http://www.tomcatontheprowl.com/car/...005_12.125.wmv
this was the thread I was replying that ^^^above^^^ to.

correction...according to their website, they are 1100 ft above sea level. Nice vid.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:21 AM
mrtomcat

this was the thread I was replying that ^^^above^^^ to.
2200 includes the base Air Density. In reality it's usually even higher. These are the numbers they gave us at the track. The air at in Fontana is so amazingly thick it's nasty...ask anyone who's been there.
Old 09-28-2005, 09:25 AM
mrtomcat

Originally Posted by RTracing
what time thursday does it start?
Tech Starts at 4 PM and Racing starts at 5 pm and ends at 10 pm.

It gets really full around 7 so I recommend getting there as early as possible.
Would be good to see you there...I'm tired of beating every one there without a challenge, other than the true race cars of course...I got my booty whipped by a 5.5 second car there 2 weeks ago
It seems to be 8 to 9 second cars and then 5 to 6 second cars, very few 7 seconds
Old 09-28-2005, 12:40 PM
GlenRoseFireFighter

2200 includes the base Air Density. In reality it's usually even higher. These are the numbers they gave us at the track. The air at in Fontana is so amazingly thick it's nasty...ask anyone who's been there.
I've been there! Here's a pick of my G staging. I ran my fastest time there. (13.4 uncorrected on 19's) I've also ran the roval there. 140mph on the straight away is quite something!
Attached Thumbnails FI Vids-me-at-the-track.jpg  
Old 09-28-2005, 01:19 PM
mrtomcat

I just found this calculator that gives you real time Altitude based on the current weather conditions...very cool

Fontana as of 2:15 pacific time:

Altitude: 1100
Air Temperature: 80
Altimeter 29.21
Dew Point 37

that equals to Density Altitude of 3605 Feet above sea level

here's the calulator:

http://wahiduddin.net/calc/calc_da.htm
Old 09-28-2005, 06:30 PM
brooke

No knock-out, the camaro guy decided to keep his nouth shut after-all... 2nd after my fellow Z buddies decided to Blast me on Pensacolaracing.com I have nothing to do with them because they hate being #2 in the food chain. Backagain hates life because he decided to buy that POS vortech in which he gets his *** handed to him all of the time. The show-queen jamie now decides to go FI and then decides to run his mouth when the guy can't even do his own oil changes on his car. Backagain you burned bridges with me when you decided to open your mouth taking up for your dip**** friend jamie when he wrote what he did... You know I'm the one to beat here in our area and you can't stand it so you result to being a dick. Very uncool when I have done so much for you guys with your cars....
yammy
Old 09-28-2005, 07:20 PM
JisNis

Go gettem Yammy.
Old 09-28-2005, 08:52 PM
GlenRoseFireFighter

cool!
Old 10-08-2005, 08:35 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone have vids with the turbonetics st kit? Besides mia. Repost the vid with the brickyard z. It stopped halfway through.
Old 10-09-2005, 11:07 PM
RTracing

http://media.putfile.com/Blue8713
Old 10-10-2005, 08:54 AM
vitaminZ

Originally Posted by brooke
No knock-out, the camaro guy decided to keep his nouth shut after-all... 2nd after my fellow Z buddies decided to Blast me on Pensacolaracing.com I have nothing to do with them because they hate being #2 in the food chain. Backagain hates life because he decided to buy that POS vortech in which he gets his *** handed to him all of the time. The show-queen jamie now decides to go FI and then decides to run his mouth when the guy can't even do his own oil changes on his car. Backagain you burned bridges with me when you decided to open your mouth taking up for your dip**** friend jamie when he wrote what he did... You know I'm the one to beat here in our area and you can't stand it so you result to being a dick. Very uncool when I have done so much for you guys with your cars....
yammy

wow, hadn't seen this post yet. hmmm.... let me see, one, you helped me with my headers, thanks. everything done to my car i have done myself or with the help of knowledeable friends. oil changes, please you are pathetic! bring something more than that. i wish i knew about this post when i saw your fat *** this past saturday. we both know why people don't like you. you are an *******. harry, don't cross paths with me and if you do, you'd better keep your mouth shut. because you know....i'd whoop your fat ***!

you are the biggest drama king, i mean QUEEN on all the Z forums, most everybody hates you. you talk so much **** on the net and try to make ammends in person everytime. Who cares how fast your Z is!!! or that you are a good driver. what does that matter when you struggle to make and keep friends. now you can bask in the glory of your victories by your damn self, because like i said, nobody likes you.

Ray has fun racing his Z whether he wins or loses. you on the other hand, cry like a little b%^&* and always wait till you get home (on the net) to do it.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:07 AM
D350Z10

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

SWEET Vids... It would be sweet to race with you guys!!! So the TT Z is the fastest out of all the cars... what tt.. is it on a stock block? boost?
Thanks in advance
Old 10-10-2005, 10:35 AM
vitaminZ

Originally Posted by JisNis
Go gettem Yammy.
if you knew this guy, you wouldn't be rooting for him, belive me!

sorry guys to barge in on this thread but yammy is an ******* and he deserves it.

what i wrote:

geez louise...... so much drama with you racer types!! why do any of you guys even race. no one is ever happy with the results. just like in boxing the only sure win is a knockout. whoever is in front when the finish line is crossed is the winner it is as simple as that. Boz won from twenty, harry won from 40! i was there for all the races this Past weekend, it is so funny how well everyone was getting along (or at least appeared to get along) that day but now are involved in a heated exchange of words. it is ridiculous if you ask me, i am sure many others think so too.

yammy you need to retire from street racing man, the pot is always getting stirred when you are involved. you are the best driver i know but enough is enough, this drama has gotten really old. lordofchaos, i know you too and you can get a little sharp with your words as well (mostly sarcasm), to the point of pissing people off. why doesn't everyone forget about racing yammy, then none of this drama would be happening. backagain handles winning and losing better than 95% of the people on this board. if more of you had his attitude, there would be a lot less fussing and fighting. just my 2 cents.

what others think about harry (yammy) aka brooke:

Injected1 wrote:

You are one to talk...you seemed all cool with the races and everything, then soon as Jared's car goes in the shop the **** talking starts. But after talking to you on the car ride there and back, I can't say that I am totally surprised. Out of the 3 people who met you the first time that day I would think I talked to you the most and know you the best, and you sir are a Piece of ****...

lordofchaos wrote:

well.. i witnessed all the races... the z06 won the first run, the 350z won the second run. simple as that.

the z06 shut down when it ran out of gear in 4th, he shut down the same in BOTH races... why is it an issue in the first one... because he was still ahead?

I do NOT know too many people that race into overdrive.. I SURE AS HELL DONT, since that is usually the WEAK gear in the transmission, and it is easy to break.

I like how you said that he WON after the first race, when y'all stopped to let the cars cool down, but once the z06 is safely in the shop, suddenly it changes to "I really won the first race".

How is it Injected's fault that he was in the chase car on the second run, did you not ASK HIm to be in the chase car?? The chase car was slower than the 2 cars running, what did you want him to do, zoom in until it pixelated and you cant see anything?

The video shows it clearly, you LOST the first race, and WON the second. Own up, you are a man (and old, maybe you need glasses?), not a spoiled little ***** that is pissed cuz he isnt getting his way.
Old 10-10-2005, 10:41 AM
vitaminZ

Originally Posted by D350Z10
SWEET Vids... It would be sweet to race with you guys!!! So the TT Z is the fastest out of all the cars... what tt.. is it on a stock block? boost?
Thanks in advance
this is what i can remember:

stock block, UR pullies, crawford cast plenum, borla td exhaust, clutch and flywheel, tune by GRD, boost @9psi (i think). i think he dyno'd like 385 hp.

it is the fastest Z in the area that i know of.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:08 AM
IceDragon

I have never seen a procharged z video...and have been looking for like 2 months now. Does anyone have a video of a procharged Z. I would love to see how loud it is...

Quick Reply: FI Vids