Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

FI and Piston compression

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 12:44 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tig488
regardless of what few high results have occured, theoretically speaking 1psi equals roughly a 10-15 hp gain. some cars respond different, ive had the vortech and my best results were about a 12hp gain per psi, now i have the single and the gains are about the same.

anyway, i wasnt trying to get in a debate about what gains are there, my point was stated in my initial post, the turbo probably isnt gonna flow enough cfm to provide a low CR engine the size of ours with gains worthy of a built motor. it more than likely will need to be upgraded.
No one on a Twin Turbo kit has maxed out the turbos yet....what are gains "worthy of a built motor".....800whp????
Old 10-21-2005, 01:45 PM
tig488

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BriGuyMax
No one on a Twin Turbo kit has maxed out the turbos yet....what are gains "worthy of a built motor".....800whp????
before you start opening your mouth try reading the freakin thread, its about a SINGLE TURBO!!!!

get a freakin clue!!!

hope i didnt come across harsh, but GD-MFer!
Old 10-21-2005, 02:23 PM
beastie

HEHEhehe

Anyway what about cryo treatment? Does anyone think it helps or is necessary for 500-600 whp?
Old 10-21-2005, 02:53 PM
overZealous1

i would not bother doing anything to the stock rods like cryo or shot peen. once you see them you will laugh and want to change them immediately, lol. it will be far better to upgrade this stuff now, then later with a hole in the block and needing to replace everything!
i do agree you can get the 500whp on stock internals, but it just doesn't seem to be the safest way to go for a daily driver where you could run into a bad tank of gas or something. imo, you can see the direction i chose.
i have the 8.6 arias in mine, and really, the boost comes on so soon, you can't even tell. as explained earlier, you can gain the minimul power loss from being able to keep more timing and still giving a pretty good margin against detonation.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:05 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Question

Originally Posted by Brandon@Forged
20-40 RWHP can be seen from putting cams on a built TT 350Z/G35.
We have seen gains of only 12-23whp at best using JWT and Nissmo cams, WOW, are you sure you have seen "40 WHP" gains?? with cams alone?

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 10-21-2005 at 05:07 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:07 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by overZealous1
i would not bother doing anything to the stock rods like cryo or shot peen. once you see them you will laugh and want to change them immediately, lol. it will be far better to upgrade this stuff now, then later with a hole in the block and needing to replace everything!
i do agree you can get the 500whp on stock internals, but it just doesn't seem to be the safest way to go for a daily driver where you could run into a bad tank of gas or something. imo, you can see the direction i chose.
i have the 8.6 arias in mine, and really, the boost comes on so soon, you can't even tell. as explained earlier, you can gain the minimul power loss from being able to keep more timing and still giving a pretty good margin against detonation.
I agree it is better to be safe than sorry on a daily driver.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:59 PM
Nealoc187

regardless of what few high results have occured, theoretically speaking 1psi equals roughly a 10-15 hp gain. some cars respond different, ive had the vortech and my best results were about a 12hp gain per psi, now i have the single and the gains are about the same.

Why do you keep claiming this when it's blatantly false? That info is incorrect plain and simple. I can start citing car after car after car after car after car proving 20hp/psi is an average gain on turbo VQs. I could probably list 10 dynos off the top of my head for turbo VQs alone, including my own, let alone other engines of similar size and VE.

The only way a turbo is going to get **** poor gains like you keep claiming as truth is if you are running drastically out of it's efficiency, or if your car has additional problems like being tuned by Gary the Retard for instance.
Old 10-21-2005, 06:59 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

lol at gary the retard
Old 10-21-2005, 07:04 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

before you start opening your mouth try reading the freakin thread, its about a SINGLE TURBO!!!!

get a freakin clue!!!

The single turbo is PLENTY big for decent power on a built motor.

In all but your first post you've been speaking in generalities about FI and now all the sudden I need to get a freakin clue?

Why don't you go outside and play hide and go fu*k yourself.

Besides...if someone has the money to build their motor WTF are they doing buying a weak stick ST kit in the first place? The ONLY ONLY ONLY reason to get a ST over a TT is cost.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:06 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Beastie, as mentioned earlier, there is little dyno or seat-of-the-pants difference between 8.5:1 and 9.5:1 CR's. For high powered turbo cars, anything between 8.5:1 and 9.5:1 will probably be fine. Personally, since there is little power difference between low and medium CR's, I like 8.5:1 or 9.0:1, which gives you a little more protection against detonation...at a given boost level.

And yes, we've seen 20-40whp gains from cams...especially up top on higher boost cars. With stock cams, power tends to drop off a bit prematurely, whereas the cam'ed cars carry their power out further in the power band.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:10 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

Sharrif What About The 2005 G35 6mt Cams? How Are They? SINCE THE REV WAS RAISED? I WOULD ASSUME MORE AGGRESIVE THAN THE REGULAR CAMS
Old 10-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by paranormal
Sharrif What About The 2005 G35 6mt Cams? How Are They? SINCE THE REV WAS RAISED? I WOULD ASSUME MORE AGGRESIVE THAN THE REGULAR CAMS
I havent had time to examine the cam profile, to determine if they used a different duration/lift, or if they simple changed the cam phasing. THey added phasing to the exhaust side as well.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:40 PM
tig488

ok, sorry, i stand corrected on what gains are made in relation to psi.

BriGuyMax..

first of all you dont know d1ck about the turbo that comes with the aps single kit. there is your first mistake.

and youre still talking about TT...

are you illiterate and just not wanting to admit it.

BEASTIE HAS A SINGLE TURBO. i wish i could type in brail for your blind ***!

Last edited by tig488; 10-21-2005 at 07:44 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:50 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

ok, sorry, i stand corrected on what gains are made in relation to psi.

BriGuyMax..

first of all you dont know d1ck about the turbo that comes with the aps single kit. there is your first mistake.
oh..so when I tell you about gains per psi I'm full of ****...but when someone else OWNS THE HELL out of you you admit you're wrong. Cute.

Second of all....who the F are you to tell me that I don't know dick about the turbo that comes with the APS ST kit?? You have NO idea what I know. It's not like it's some secret turbo. All you have to know is what size the compressor size is to know where to find maps for it. I've held the single in my hand and I know the compressor size. You're digging youself a hole.

and youre still talking about TT...

are you illiterate and just not wanting to admit it.

BEASTIE HAS A SINGLE TURBO. i wish i could type in brail for your blind ***!
I KNOW HE HAS A SINGLE TURBO...I WAS SIMPLY STATING MY OPIONION THAT IT'S RETARDED TO BUY A "BUDGET" TURBO KIT IF YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO BUILD YOUR MOTOR.

I think you're the one with the reading comprehension problem.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:53 PM
Z BOY

play nice?
Old 10-21-2005, 07:54 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
We have seen gains of only 12-23whp at best using JWT and Nissmo cams, WOW, are you sure you have seen "40 WHP" gains?? with cams alone?
20-40 RWHP from cams alone on a built motor TT 350Z/G35 is definitely possible. (40 RWHP being...say, one out of every 20-30 350Zs/G35s to be on the safe estimate side)

Last edited by Brandon@Forged; 10-21-2005 at 07:57 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:54 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by Z BOY
play nice?

I don't play nice when someone insults me.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:57 PM
Z BOY

we could get a lot more out of this cool thread without all the name calling. jmo.
where's teh love?
Old 10-21-2005, 08:00 PM
tig488

who owned the hell out of me?

i bet i can show more dyno graphs and examples that show my psi estimates than you can show that prove yours, bring it. just because i wanted to get back to my point and not the issue about hp per psi.

so, if you know so much about the turbo, why dont you shut that c0ckholster of yours and drop some knowledge on me. and dont even say its a 35R compressor wheel. woooo, you held it in your hand, youre my idol!

so youre calling Beastie retarded then, since he has a ST and is contemplating building his engine.

who insulted who first. sorry you get your feelings hurt so easily.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:10 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

who owned the hell out of me?
Nealoc187 and I both owned the hell out of you.

i bet i can show more dyno graphs and examples that show my psi estimates than you can show that prove yours, bring it. just because i wanted to get back to my point and not the issue about hp per psi.
Do you know how gay you just sounded. "My internet **** is bigger than yours"

so, if you know so much about the turbo, why dont you shut that c0ckholster of yours and drop some knowledge on me. and dont even say its a 35R compressor wheel. woooo, you held it in your hand, youre my idol!
Why shouldn't I tell you what it is?

The Turbo is a GT35R plain and simple...APS can say all they want about custom this and custom that..the only difference between it and a standard issue GT35R is the directions that the exhaust bolt location and the intake location point. You can find compressor maps for it pretty much anywhere. Do some research, you might learn something. I'm not going to spoon feed it to you any more.

so youre calling Beastie retarded then, since he has a ST and is contemplating building his engine.
I don't think he made a wise decision. If you couldn't pick that up the first TWO times I said it, I don't know how to make it any more clear.

who insulted who first. sorry you get your feelings hurt so easily.
YOU insulted me first with this post:

get a freakin clue!!!

Quick Reply: FI and Piston compression