Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

FI and Piston compression

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 08:21 PM
overZealous1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is getting good
Old 10-21-2005, 08:22 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by overZealous1
this is getting good
I don't think this guy knows me very well...

He's entering a world of pain...
Old 10-21-2005, 08:26 PM
tig488

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

read again, your post on the first page started it all.

i too read some time ago where people were saying its a 35r, but ive also read its a 28/35R hybrid. but youre pretty good if you could tell just by holding it. you should work for garrett. and yes i know compressor maps are out there, ive pretty much burnt the 35r map in my brain during all of my boost problems, and yes the turbo will be pretty much maxed out at that power level on our motor.

excuse me while i go outside and f*ck myself.

now im shaking in my boots.

Last edited by tig488; 10-21-2005 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:31 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by tig488

i too read some time ago where people were saying its a 35r, but ive also read its a 28/35R hybrid. but youre pretty good if you could tell just by holding it. you should work for garrett. and yes i know compressor maps are out there, ive pretty much burnt the 35r map in my brain during all of my boost problems, and yes the turbo will be pretty much maxed out at that power level on our motor.

OMG...The TWIN TURBO uses 28/35Rs......the single is a straight GT35R...

http://www.xxx.com.au/350z/motor_hot_tuner/evilzed2.htm

replace xxx...with a i r p o w e r s y s t e m s

and then read the second paragraph about the GT28/35Rs in the TT system.

Maxed out at what power level??
Old 10-21-2005, 08:36 PM
Nealoc187

If you can't tell the difference between a GT35R and a GT2835R by holding it in your hand you don't have either enough knowledge or experience to really be telling other people what they do and don't know in this context.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:38 PM
tig488

yes i know its a 35R, please refer to following thread.....

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ighlight=GT35R
Old 10-21-2005, 08:38 PM
theking

You show your a** in just about every thread. It's a well known fact that on built motors the stock cams pretty much fall on their face after 6krpms. Did you find these gains on the TWO cars you did? Sorry to bash but the BS is getting annoying. 40whp is a very safe statement.
Originally Posted by WA2GOOD
We have seen gains of only 12-23whp at best using JWT and Nissmo cams, WOW, are you sure you have seen "40 WHP" gains?? with cams alone?
Old 10-21-2005, 08:43 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

yes i know its a 35R, please refer to following thread.....

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread....ighlight=GT35R
Then why did you beat around the bush and pretend that the turbo model was some big secret? Now you just look like an @ss.

If you'll take a look at your own thread, you'll notice that I posted in it...so I saw it a long time ago.

A higher boost wastegate actuator will solve your boost problems...
Old 10-21-2005, 08:48 PM
tig488

because i had doubts back when i was having boost issues. peter at aps was being difficult because i kept PMing him asking for the specs on the turbo, AR, and he kept saying he couldnt tell me, both APS and Garrett didnt want them released. several people who worked on the car to help solve the boost problem had some doubts that it was a true 35R.

i got the boost problem fixed.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:50 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

because i had doubts back when i was having boost issues. peter at aps was being difficult because i kept PMing him asking for the specs on the turbo, AR, and he kept saying he couldnt tell me, both APS and Garrett didnt want them released. several people who worked on the car to help solve the boost problem had some doubts that it was a true 35R.

i got the boost problem fixed.

Good to hear...are we going to get along now?

Peter is a salesman...and that's what you get when you deal with a salesman...
Old 10-21-2005, 08:57 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Smile

Originally Posted by theking
You show your a** in just about every thread. It's a well known fact that on built motors the stock cams pretty much fall on their face after 6krpms. Did you find these gains on the TWO cars you did? Sorry to bash but the BS is getting annoying. 40whp is a very safe statement.
2 cars HAHAHA! LOL, Good one. I am not gonna play your bashing game. It was just a question, and not directed to you (I might add) at all. I simply asked if they (at forged internals) made a full 40 Whp, with the addition of cams only, and I got my answer. I have only seen usually 20ish to low 30ish hp gains.

These forums are for people to ask and share knowledge and experiences, NOT to hate and bash. (please mind your own buisness) If I am talking to you I will quote you or address you. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:04 PM
theking

Get your lies straight. If you want to be taken seriously then share useful information.
We have seen gains of only 12-23whp at best using JWT and Nissmo cams, WOW, are you sure you have seen "40 WHP" gains?? with cams alone?
I won't address or quote you anymore. I apologize if I have offended you.
I have only seen usually 20ish to low 30ish hp gains.

These forums are for people to ask and share knowledge and experiences, NOT to hate and bash. (please mind your own buisness) If I am talking to you I will quote you or address you. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:18 PM
beastie

Well, well look what I started.... Anyway, I did buy the APS kit because it was cheaper but it is not a cheap (inexpensive) kit. I could have bought the Greedy TT for even cheaper. If I am going to build my engine now and spend more $ so what. I guess you do everything right the 1st time? Look we all keep adding more and more to our cars because we aren't satisfied anymore. That's no reason to call me retarded. You seem to need a bran muffin.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:22 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Talking

Originally Posted by theking
Get your lies straight. If you want to be taken seriously then share useful information.

I won't address or quote you anymore. I apologize if I have offended you.
SHEESH!! The first one (12-23) was on a non built low boosted motor. The (20-30ish) was on a built high boosted motor. BTW Get YOUR facts straight before calling anyone a liar.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:23 PM
beastie

Also, are you saying that only TT make higher power (500-660 whp)? There are plenty of ST Supras making way more than that.

Side note:
This board is so much fun. Way better than G35driver.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:24 PM
tig488

when did we not? its all good.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:25 PM
theking

Originally Posted by Brandon@Forged
20-40 RWHP can be seen from putting cams on a built TT 350Z/G35.

SHEESH!! The first one (12-23) was on a non built low boosted motor. The (20-30ish) was on a built high boosted motor. BTW Get YOUR facts straight before calling anyone a liar.
Old 10-22-2005, 05:45 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by beastie
Also, are you saying that only TT make higher power (500-660 whp)? There are plenty of ST Supras making way more than that.

Side note:
This board is so much fun. Way better than G35driver.
Yeah...it can be entertaining at times.

Oftentime, compressor maps dont tell the whole story. For instance, the compressor maps on the Greddy and APS TT's are nearly identical in terms of airflow at a given pressure ratio. Peter and I had a likely discussion about this a couple of months ago. Based on the maps, these TT systems (with two turbos) have enough airflow for 800 CRANK hp. But we know that there is an APS car in the mid 700 range at the wheels, and I am putting down 622 at 16.5psi with plenty of room to go. So it's highly likely that the APS and Greddy turbos can produce MORE than 800 crank hp worth of power..on the VQ35. There are many other factors that determine the max power you can get out of a particular sized turbocharger...things like exhuast back pressure, voumetric efficiency of the engine, combustion chamber design, compression ratio, fuel, tuning...etc. Compressor are theoretical templates to help you make a turbocharger purchasing decision.

Hope that helps.
Old 10-22-2005, 08:47 AM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Originally Posted by Sharif@Forged
Yeah...it can be entertaining at times.

Oftentime, compressor maps dont tell the whole story. For instance, the compressor maps on the Greddy and APS TT's are nearly identical in terms of airflow at a given pressure ratio. Peter and I had a likely discussion about this a couple of months ago. Based on the maps, these TT systems (with two turbos) have enough airflow for 800 CRANK hp. But we know that there is an APS car in the mid 700 range at the wheels, and I am putting down 622 at 16.5psi with plenty of room to go. So it's highly likely that the APS and Greddy turbos can produce MORE than 800 crank hp worth of power..on the VQ35. There are many other factors that determine the max power you can get out of a particular sized turbocharger...things like exhuast back pressure, voumetric efficiency of the engine, combustion chamber design, compression ratio, fuel, tuning...etc. Compressor are theoretical templates to help you make a turbocharger purchasing decision.

Hope that helps.
+100