Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 12:13 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, I am glad you are happy with your car, it did turn out great. Maybe we can re-dyno it again on Monday after you put some more miles on it and get used to all that new found power, Haha!

I can't wait to see how it feels on the big Willow track Wednesday. Can you say 150+ MPH!!!

TTYL

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 11-12-2005 at 12:40 AM.
Old 11-12-2005, 07:41 AM
max2000jp

Originally Posted by COJ_General
There are many people wondering about the kit and what people think about it. And yes, sports Z mag. had an article on it, but we want more feedback. so if you have nothing productive to say, then stay out of it.
That's the point. Why would you value what someone has to say about the JWT kit when they were caught up in lies? Albeit, the lies might not be directly related to the kit. How do you know when the time comes to purchase the JWT kit, you weren't lied to about this and that??? Personally I would take their opinion with a grain of salt.

Again, if you want some reliable information, JWT it probably your best source.
Old 11-12-2005, 08:39 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
Good idea Jeff (Zland). I got my car back today and I am having a blast with it. I will be at big willow springs on wed if anyone would like to come take a ride.

By the way the Torque is REAL as I found out while I was ruining my tires all the way to 3rd gear.
John
What's up John. I told you your going to need tires with a MUCH lower treadwear# !!! LOL I'm sure Michael will get some Hoosiers on Nismo's on there for Wed though. I can't wait to see what it'll get up to on the front straight! to quote Waytoogood "Can you say 150+"!

Also, maybe the guys from VRT can get some lap times on this particular event to compare to the "real" races that take place at Big Willow. I would LOVE to see that posted here.

Mike
Old 11-12-2005, 08:55 AM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by vision619
What's up John. I told you your going to need tires with a MUCH lower treadwear# !!! LOL I'm sure Michael will get some Hoosiers on Nismo's on there for Wed though. I can't wait to see what it'll get up to on the front straight! to quote Waytoogood "Can you say 150+"!

Also, maybe the guys from VRT can get some lap times on this particular event to compare to the "real" races that take place at Big Willow. I would LOVE to see that posted here.

Mike

If you are running 1:31's or less on the big track then you are doing real well in a street/race car.One of our Porsche cutomers runs better then this with his four banger street car on good street tires.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:00 AM
VRT
Banned

Originally Posted by TurboTim
If you are running 1:31's or less on the big track then you are doing real well in a street/race car.One of our Porsche cutomers runs better then this with his four banger street car on good street tires.
Hopefully there will be some of you out at Big Willow this next Wed. for Opentrack.com and the Motor Press Guild at "Streets" of Willow.
Should be fun!

Last edited by VRT; 11-12-2005 at 09:02 AM.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:02 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by VRT
Hopefully there will be some of you out at Big Willow this next Wed. Should be fun!
I'll be there!

That's something I would enjoy watching .... note the quote I posted below from an online article. You can read the entire article HERE. Maybe you can talk him in to showing up. I'm always down to watch a fast car ... !

------------------------------------
PROFESSIONAL: Erik Messley drove Ron Levi's GT-3 Viper to a new Viper lap record of 1:23.62 for an average speed of 107.63 MPH over the 9 turn 2.5 mile circuit. Erik was approaching Turn 1 on the front straight in the 170 MPH range (I believe he has 3.55 gears). The high-pitched sound of those 10 individual throttle bodies as he blips the throttle to complete his heel-toe downshift into 4th gear is still ringing in my ears. His car sounds like no other out there!

Last edited by vision619; 11-12-2005 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-12-2005, 09:07 AM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Cool, now THAT, I would LOVE to see. Hopefully he will make it out to Big Willow this next Wed. 2 track days at the same place, Should be interesting. It will be a busy day for me.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:41 PM
TurboTim
Vendor - Former Vendor

That's something I would enjoy watching .... note the quote I posted below from an online article. You can read the entire article HERE. Maybe you can talk him in to showing up. I'm always down to watch a fast car ... !

Actually,there is a video if him blasting by EVERYTHING on the track.Let me find the link and I will post it.The car is a 944 turbo with 410 horsepower at the wheels weighing in at 2750.No cage.Just good brakes,suspension and everything else.Just goes to show what a pro driver can do on street tires.Dont expect him to show up anytime soon as this car was sold a year ago.Now he is working on a 911.The guys from Speed Gallery frequent Willow.They have some 996TTs out there running better then 1:30's with non professional drivers.But these cars are making 600+ to all four wheels.

]

Last edited by TurboTim; 11-12-2005 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 02:50 PM
paranormal
Evil Boy 4 LIFE

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THREAD ABOUT? LOL some please explain how that torque is achieved that is nuts... ne-ways im happy with aps.. i can get there on way lower boost good job non the less.. cant wait to see more jwt kits running around
Old 11-12-2005, 04:00 PM
vision619

Actually,there is a video if him blasting by EVERYTHING on the track.Let me find the link and I will post it.The car is a 944 turbo with 410 horsepower at the wheels weighing in at 2750.No cage.Just good brakes,suspension and everything else.Just goes to show what a pro driver can do on street tires.Dont expect him to show up anytime soon as this car was sold a year ago.Now he is working on a 911.The guys from Speed Gallery frequent Willow.They have some 996TTs out there running better then 1:30's with non professional drivers.But these cars are making 600+ to all four wheels.
I could see a 944 with a professional driver and 410 WHP turning those times. Yeah if you could find the video that would be sick!
Old 11-12-2005, 04:13 PM
vision619

Originally Posted by paranormal
WHAT THE HELL IS THIS THREAD ABOUT? LOL some please explain how that torque is achieved that is nuts... ne-ways im happy with aps.. i can get there on way lower boost good job non the less.. cant wait to see more jwt kits running around
It's achieved by a JWT kit and VRT built engine ... and a good tune from Jim & Clark at Jim Wolf Technology. After watching them tune, I just can't comprehend how much knowledge they have. I mean seriously, I have watched other tune shops. These guys (JWT) are playing in a whole different ball game .... jesus an entirely different sport, there's just no comparison. But I guess considering their reputation, that speaks for itself. No need to justify that at all.

Last edited by vision619; 11-12-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 04:25 PM
VRT
Banned

Would be cool to see you at Willow someday Tim. We have talked about it for a year and a half. I have extra tires if you need. Want to see how my LSD performs in your car...I will be out of town in NY for your Dyno day, I will see if some of my customers want to go.

M
Old 11-12-2005, 04:36 PM
theking

Any reason you guys stopped so soon? Good trq numbers by the way. That'll really get you moving out of the turn.

Edit: The dyno does look a little bit strange. 350lb/ft of torque at 2100rpms??? Did he hold the dyno at that speed?

Last edited by theking; 11-12-2005 at 04:39 PM.
Old 11-12-2005, 05:07 PM
VRT
Banned

Yes,

Clark was holding at that speed. Jim, myself, and Clark didn't want to push the motor since it barely had 1000 miles.

We will push harder next time if we have time. JWT didn't like hitting the Rev limiter on a Virgin Motor. The client is leaving for Virginia in two weeks so we are scrambling to get perfect.

Thanks.

We are trying our best.

Michael
Old 11-12-2005, 05:13 PM
BriGuyMax
Turbo Whore

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theking
Any reason you guys stopped so soon? Good trq numbers by the way. That'll really get you moving out of the turn.

Edit: The dyno does look a little bit strange. 350lb/ft of torque at 2100rpms??? Did he hold the dyno at that speed?
That's what I was going to say...but I would just get flamed. That dyno looks nothing like any 350Z dyno, built motor or not that I've ever seen. The torque curve it way too peaky whereas most are flat...and the torque starts to drop off at UNDER 4000rpms whereas every other boosted Z I've seen holds a pretty level peak torque until around 5500rpms...just an observation...
Old 11-12-2005, 05:37 PM
VRT
Banned

The car was only Reved to 5300 max. It only had 1000 miles so we are still taking it conservatively.

It is real and on a 350Z. JWT wouldn't risk their reputation. Check our site on the photos page and you will see Jim and Clark working on the car.

Warmly

M
Old 11-12-2005, 06:00 PM
Gman2004

Originally Posted by VRT
It is real and on a 350Z. JWT wouldn't risk their reputation. Check our site on the photos page and you will see Jim and Clark working on the car.
Do Jim and Clark tune are your cars?
Old 11-12-2005, 06:05 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Gman2004
Do Jim and Clark tune are your cars?
No they just did this one.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:14 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by VRT
JWT wouldn't risk their reputation.
I'm not disputing the numbers but I will say that given Jim Wolf's actions of late I beg to differ. Either way the numbers look good and I look forward to seeing you guys at the SFR dyno day...
Old 11-13-2005, 09:23 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
but I will say that given Jim Wolf's actions of late I beg to differ.
Can you elaborate on this?

Also, I was there. That number is real and from John's car (which is a 350). But I totally understand doubt. It's pretty f'ing impressive (especially when your in the car).

Michael, that was cool of you to offer TurboTim some race tires and an LSD for track day on Wed. It would be nice to see some more Z's out there.

Quick Reply: Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???