Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2005, 09:32 AM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vision619
Can you elaborate on this?

Also, I was there. That number is real and from John's car (which is a 350). But I totally understand doubt. It's pretty f'ing impressive (especially when your in the car).

Michael, that was cool of you to offer TurboTim some race tires and an LSD for track day on Wed. It would be nice to see some more Z's out there.
I guess I'll say it again...I'm not disputing the number.. My reference to Jim Wolf is about the way he has handled the situation in regards to who has how many kits and what he is telling some of his biggest vendors and customers as opposed to what I saw with my own eyes last Tues. Its never good business to lie straight to the face of your biggest local vendor. There are some other things that I will keep off the boards for now as I don't want to start a bad mouthing war against some people I respect a lot but needless to say when the JWT kit is released it will come to light.
Old 11-13-2005, 09:55 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
I guess I'll say it again...I'm not disputing the number.. My reference to Jim Wolf is about the way he has handled the situation in regards to who has how many kits and what he is telling some of his biggest vendors and customers as opposed to what I saw with my own eyes last Tues. Its never good business to lie straight to the face of your biggest local vendor. There are some other things that I will keep off the boards for now as I don't want to start a bad mouthing war against some people I respect a lot but needless to say when the JWT kit is released it will come to light.
Oh I didn't know you knew Charles. So how are the guys from PowerTrix?
Old 11-13-2005, 10:02 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by vision619
Oh I didn't know you knew Charles. So how are the guys from PowerTrix?
Charles Pak? I do know him actually. But thats not who I'm referring too.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:38 AM
Gary Evans

Was this really necessary? I don't know what your agenda is in regards to Jim Wolf but it would be more appropriate to either state the dark secrets you think you hold or say nothing. Post insinuations without any relevant facts serves no purpose except to try and discredit someone.
I believe I know the key marketing issues are and what his strategy is but since there is no way to know for sure nothing would be gained from my speculation. Everything that he wants to state publicly is on his web site. His product will soon speak for itself and potential buyers with enough sense to wait and see for themselves can make decisions based on facts rather than hearsay and the “get no where” pissing contests on message boards.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:43 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Gary Evans
Was this really necessary? I don't know what your agenda is in regards to Jim Wolf but it would be more appropriate to either state the dark secrets you think you hold or say nothing. Post insinuations without any relevant facts serves no purpose except to try and discredit someone.
I believe I know the key marketing issues are and what his strategy is but since there is no way to know for sure nothing would be gained from my speculation. Everything that he wants to state publicly is on his web site. His product will soon speak for itself and potential buyers with enough sense to wait and see for themselves can make decisions based on facts rather than hearsay and the “get no where” pissing contests on message boards.
I don't have an agenda in regards to Jim Wolf. Its pretty clear fact that he has told just about everyone who has asked including some of his bigger customers that only two kits were released to VRT which is obviously a blatant lie as VRT showed up with 5 kits installed on cars. My point is that the statement made that JWT would not "risk their rep" isn't accurate in my opinion or he wouldn't have told everyone who asked one thing knowing full well it was B.S. I encourage everyone to make their own decision on the kit they choose and I absoultey can't wait for some independent testing to be performed on the JWT TT kit. Thats my "agenda" as you call it. If this offends you then move on and don't follow this thread.
Old 11-13-2005, 10:53 AM
Gary Evans

I don't have an agenda in regards to Jim Wolf. Its pretty clear fact that he has told just about everyone who has asked including some of his bigger customers that only two kits were released to VRT which is obviously a blatant lie as VRT showed up with 5 kits installed on cars. My point is that the statement made that JWT would not "risk their rep" isn't accurate in my opinion or he wouldn't have told everyone who asked one thing knowing full well it was B.S. I encourage everyone to make their own decision on the kit they choose and I absoultey can't wait for some independent testing to be performed on the JWT TT kit. Thats my "agenda" as you call it. If this offends you then move on and don't follow this thread.
Can I assume that you have spoken directly with Jim in determining that he told someone a blantant lie. If not you may want to extract your foot from your mouth and explain to everyone that your opinion is only based on the normal internet heresay. If this offends you just be sure to start your brain next time before putting your month in gear.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:05 AM
MIAPLAYA

Can I assume that you have spoken directly with Jim in determining that he told someone a blantant lie. If not you may want to extract your foot from your mouth and explain to everyone that your opinion is only based on the normal internet heresay. If this offends you just be sure to start your brain next time before putting your month in gear.
Yes actually I was standing right in front of Jim Wolf when he told one of his bigger local vendors that VRt had and I quote "two kits and we talked about a third". This is the same thing he has told everyone who has called or asked him about it. He said these words Nov 4th at his shop. On Nov 8th VRT showed up with 5 kits installed on cars. Maybe you should read this thread a little better since I already stated this once. It helps if you have a clue before you open your mouth.
Old 11-13-2005, 11:56 AM
Gary Evans

Yes actually I was standing right in front of Jim Wolf when he told one of his bigger local vendors that VRt had and I quote "two kits and we talked about a third". This is the same thing he has told everyone who has called or asked him about it. He said these words Nov 4th at his shop. On Nov 8th VRT showed up with 5 kits installed on cars. Maybe you should read this thread a little better since I already stated this once. It helps if you have a clue before you open your mouth.
Speaking of having a clue did you ask him to explain the difference between 3 and 5 if it makes a big difference to you? I would have before Publicly calling him a liar especially if I thought anything about the relationship. You will never know if there was a simple explanation or a business reason for what was said. If I happened to be standing by someone having a business conversation I wouldn’t consider that the details are for public broadcasting. You don’t know what all is involved or going on behind the scene but only what you happened to overhear. If this gets back to him I doubt that you will be standing around next time IMHO.

Rather than this constant pissing and moaning about non issues like this why not focus on something really important to the FI crowd like Carb approval which will mark the survivors in the aftermarket kit industry. Most by now have come to realize that lack of an emission passable kit is the handwriting on the wall for their eventual demise. If the government hasn't moved against them first for selling non-complying parts for use on public roads, or a civil suit by a car re-purchaser when they find there car won't pass emissions testing the day will come in most states that all vehicles have to pass a physical and visual inspection. My understanding is that currently any non-compliant parts can only be sold for off road use or the manufactures neck may be on the line. This IMO is way more important an issue than if someone has 475hp instead of 500 or has sold 5 kits instead of 3.
On this subject what is the result of the TN kit emissions testing that was to occur by the end of October?

Last edited by Gary Evans; 11-13-2005 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:02 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Speaking of having a clue did you ask him to explain the difference between 3 and 5 if it makes a big difference to you? I would have before Publicly calling him a liar especially if I thought anything about the relationship. You will never know if there was a simple explanation or a business reason for what was said. If I happened to be standing by someone having a business conversation I wouldn’t consider that the details are for public broadcasting. You don’t know what all is involved or going on behind the scene but only what you happened to overhear. If this gets back to him I doubt that you will be standing around next time IMHO.

Rather than this constant pissing and moaning about non issues like this why not focus on something really important to the FI crowd like Carb approval which will mark the survivors in the aftermarket kit industry. Most by now have come to realize that lack of an emission passable kit is the handwriting on the wall for their eventual demise. If the government hasn't moved against them first for selling non-complying parts for use on public roads, or a civil suit by a car re-purchaser when they find there car won't pass emissions testing the day will come in most states that all vehicles have to pass a physical and visual inspection. My understanding is that currently any non-compliant parts can only be sold for off road use or the manufactures neck may be on the line. This IMO is way more important an issue than if someone has 475hp instead of 500 or has sold 5 kits instead of 3.
On this subject what is the result of the TN kit emissions testing that was to occur by the end of October?
Do you work for JWT or have some close relation to JWT?
Old 11-13-2005, 12:23 PM
Gary Evans

Originally Posted by Brandon@Forged
Do you work for JWT or have some close relation to JWT?
I have never met Jim nor have I ever owned any of his products. You don't have to be a friend of someone to want them treated fairly. There are far to many judge and jury teams at work on these boards when all thats needed is factual information.
And I don't work for anyone.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:25 PM
Brandon@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Internals.com

I have never met Jim nor have I ever owned any of his products. You don't have to be a friend of someone to want them treated fairly. There are far to many judge and jury teams at work on these boards when all thats needed is factual information.
And I don't work for anyone.
The only reason I ask is because you seem really defensive. Plus, I was giving you a heads-up. Lord help whatever rep.'s from JWT or GReddy get on here.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:35 PM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Brandon, I will be back in NC on my way to VA between 6-14 Dec if you want me to stop by so you can check out the kit and the work done on the car. Just let me know.

Gary, I will driving through AZ on the 2nd as the first leg of my journey. Let me know and I could meet up with you somewhere so you can check it out also.

John

Last edited by Mike Wazowski; 11-13-2005 at 12:39 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:47 PM
Gary Evans

Originally Posted by Brandon@Forged
The only reason I ask is because you seem really defensive. Plus, I was giving you a heads-up. Lord help whatever rep.'s from JWT or GReddy get on here.
Hope I don't come off as defensive for myself as I have nothing to defend.
I frequent several FI boards and have watched unjustified attacks on most all of the kit manufactures by people who feel they have some little imaginary thing to protect whither it is truth and the American way or brand preference. Unfortunately this comes at the expense of other just trying to learn facts about the choices.
Old 11-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Gary Evans

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
Brandon, I will be back in NC on my way to VA between 6-14 Dec if you want me to stop by so you can check out the kit and the work done on the car. Just let me know.

Gary, I will driving through AZ on the 2nd as the first leg of my journey. Let me know and I could meet up with you somewhere so you can check it out also.

John
Let me know what time you will be passing through and your route. I would like to see it if possible.
garyevans@cableaz.com
Old 11-13-2005, 01:35 PM
theking

It definitely came across that way. I understand it's hard to watch good companies get flamed on forums but as much as I like JWT products(I have their cams you know) it has been very disappointing the way they have led on potential customers with their talks of CARB approval. I just wish they would disclose what they are using to tune(upgraded pull-through maf?, BAP for fuel, split-second for timing?). I haven't been lead-on this bad since I tried to date a stripper(I know I'm a smart-***, so don't flame.) The following statement was purely for effect, lol. I just wish JWT would let VRT tell more about what they are doing for tuning!!!
Hope I don't come off as defensive for myself as I have nothing to defend.
I frequent several FI boards and have watched unjustified attacks on most all of the kit manufactures by people who feel they have some little imaginary thing to protect whither it is truth and the American way or brand preference. Unfortunately this comes at the expense of other just trying to learn facts about the choices.
Old 11-13-2005, 01:45 PM
Gary Evans

Originally Posted by theking
I haven't been lead-on this bad since I tried to date a stripper
Life is hard but if you stuck with the stripper you know its with the wait.
Old 11-13-2005, 02:42 PM
nissansource

It definitely came across that way. I understand it's hard to watch good companies get flamed on forums but as much as I like JWT products(I have their cams you know) it has been very disappointing the way they have led on potential customers with their talks of CARB approval. I just wish they would disclose what they are using to tune(upgraded pull-through maf?, BAP for fuel, split-second for timing?). I haven't been lead-on this bad since I tried to date a stripper(I know I'm a smart-***, so don't flame.) The following statement was purely for effect, lol. I just wish JWT would let VRT tell more about what they are doing for tuning!!!

If you konw anything about JWT they arent one to go blab about a product they have put time and effort into making it the best item around. Only a small number of companies and persons know what is going into this kit. the little black box is well inhouse stuff. anyway who cares jwt has been like this since the claim to fame in the Z and SE-R days for over 8 years now any nissan hardcore fanatic will know jwt as a company that doesnt follow and developes a product that they know will work they dont need to explain how
Old 11-13-2005, 03:16 PM
theking

I totally understand what you are saying but unless you want to keep the out of the box tune, you better know what is going into the system. I consider JWT to be the go to guys for all things Nissan(unless it's an SR20det then I would say Enthalpy) so I have no doubt in their thoroughness but what are they doing for tuning????? Based on what you are saying then this isn't the system for built motor guys unless you are local to them. I just wonder if they are doing their old tricks and using a larger maf for their draw-through since guys like VRT are using it on built motors and I am pretty sure that JWT prefers MAF tuning over speed density. If I buy something I would like to know what I am buying that is my only point. Sorry if it sounds like I'm flaming. That is not my intent.
Originally Posted by nissansource
If you konw anything about JWT they arent one to go blab about a product they have put time and effort into making it the best item around. Only a small number of companies and persons know what is going into this kit. the little black box is well inhouse stuff. anyway who cares jwt has been like this since the claim to fame in the Z and SE-R days for over 8 years now any nissan hardcore fanatic will know jwt as a company that doesnt follow and developes a product that they know will work they dont need to explain how
Old 11-13-2005, 03:23 PM
vision619

I totally understand what you are saying but unless you want to keep the out of the box tune, you better know what is going into the system. I consider JWT to be the go to guys for all things Nissan(unless it's an SR20det then I would say Enthalpy) so I have no doubt in their thoroughness but what are they doing for tuning????? Based on what you are saying then this isn't the system for built motor guys unless you are local to them. I just wonder if they are doing their old tricks and using a larger maf for their draw-through since guys like VRT are using it on built motors and I am pretty sure that JWT prefers MAF tuning over speed density. If I buy something I would like to know what I am buying that is my only point. Sorry if it sounds like I'm flaming. That is not my intent.
I'm fairly sure the JWT kit twill ship "tuned" out of the box for stock VQ35 engines like every other kit on the market only his seems to be a little more productive.

Last edited by vision619; 11-13-2005 at 03:25 PM.
Old 11-13-2005, 03:25 PM
MIAPLAYA

I can tell you this much...its a pull through MAF style. The bypass valve is vented back into the tract pre-turbo. They are using an Aux box that Clark made there. The base kit uses stock injectors with a Walbro 255 lph pump in the tank. There is an FMU similar to what Vortech uses to increase fuel pressure under boost. The aux box just pulls timing from what I understand. If you plan to go for big power expect to replace the injectors at the very least. Not sure if the aux box can be tuned by anyone other then Clark or Jim but right off the bat I'm going to say probably can't be. Just basing that on my experience with their past ECU upgrades. Usually the pre-tuned it and sent it to you. Becasue it runs pull through though it does mean that the boost can be higher without the MAF freaking.

Quick Reply: Any VRT customers with the JWT kit???