Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Vortech vs APS ST vs Turbonetics

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2005 | 04:37 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
+1

...why do you always say what I was gonna say.

LOL...Me and Kelly started discussing it last night when we were talking about SEMA this year...and just thought...hey that would be a GREAT time...It of course is a bit of a longer drive for you guys...but picture the gumball rally but with all Turbonetics Gs/Zs... I think we discussed 35ounces could meet up with kelly and pick you up peking on the way south. Stop in the panhandle where taurran and jetpilot could meet up with 12nv then all of you cruise through the south stopping in N.O. to get midnyte. Another quick stop in Texas to get xxluv2eat and solidsnake, on through N.M. and Arizona to get Intense Motorsports...meet up in Socal with all the Cali guys, me, bpl, phatmitzu, blueblrrr, etc. Then we all cruise up to Lost Wages...The Midwest guys would run their own rally and could meet us in Vegas or they could head south to Va and start it all with everybody. Hell I've almost considered driving out to Va. to start it all and making my way back out west..I think it would be a BADASS drive...
Old 11-01-2005 | 05:24 PM
Peking

Originally Posted by Phatmitzu
+1

...why do you always say what I was gonna say.

Maybe because I have Ninja/Jedi skillz

Don't worry, one day I shall teach you the ways

Originally Posted by MIAPLAYA
LOL...Me and Kelly started discussing it last night when we were talking about SEMA this year...and just thought...hey that would be a GREAT time...It of course is a bit of a longer drive for you guys...but picture the gumball rally but with all Turbonetics Gs/Zs... I think we discussed 35ounces could meet up with kelly and pick you up peking on the way south. Stop in the panhandle where taurran and jetpilot could meet up with 12nv then all of you cruise through the south stopping in N.O. to get midnyte. Another quick stop in Texas to get xxluv2eat and solidsnake, on through N.M. and Arizona to get Intense Motorsports...meet up in Socal with all the Cali guys, me, bpl, phatmitzu, blueblrrr, etc. Then we all cruise up to Lost Wages...The Midwest guys would run their own rally and could meet us in Vegas or they could head south to Va and start it all with everybody. Hell I've almost considered driving out to Va. to start it all and making my way back out west..I think it would be a BADASS drive...
So we would be shooting for SEMA next year? Also I think that is great, I would use my vacation time for it

Also MIA, you know when you were talking about the Turbonetics owners site... I think that would be a great idea, and I think we could all contribute to the cost of running and upkeep of such a site.
Old 11-01-2005 | 05:31 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Peking
Maybe because I have Ninja/Jedi skillz

Don't worry, one day I shall teach you the ways

So we would be shooting for SEMA next year? Also I think that is great, I would use my vacation time for it

Also MIA, you know when you were talking about the Turbonetics owners site... I think that would be a great idea, and I think we could all contribute to the cost of running and upkeep of such a site.
Yes sir SEMA next year would be the time..I'm thinking of doing the same...taking off a week and a half...I'm going to see what I can do about maybe shipping my car to Va to start it all of...no gurantees on that but either way I would want to do a giant caravan to SEMA with all of us and hopefully get someone to front some sidewalk space so everyone has to walk by the Turbonetics cars to get into the show As for the Turbonetics owners club its going to happen for sure. The Hurricane in Flordia delayed the shipment of the server from my brother but I have already start working on a webpage layout and server plan as far as giving everyone at least 1 GB of space to post videos, pics, etc and still having room for a Q/A board and some other sites I'll be hosting. I appreciate the offer of cash but at this point I think I have it covered. The server is coming free and the software was borrowed from my brother. I already have a router and dyn dns domain for external hosting. Should be a GREAT page when its done...I'll let everyone know of course once it is...
Old 11-01-2005 | 06:22 PM
D350Z10

Sounds Great!!!! You are the MAN MIAPLAYA!!!! Keep up the great work!!!! So i take it sema is in Virginia next year? What are the possible plans... entering the cars in the show or..... just driving down there?
Old 11-01-2005 | 06:37 PM
Peking

Yes sir SEMA next year would be the time..I'm thinking of doing the same...taking off a week and a half...I'm going to see what I can do about maybe shipping my car to Va to start it all of...no gurantees on that but either way I would want to do a giant caravan to SEMA with all of us and hopefully get someone to front some sidewalk space so everyone has to walk by the Turbonetics cars to get into the show As for the Turbonetics owners club its going to happen for sure. The Hurricane in Flordia delayed the shipment of the server from my brother but I have already start working on a webpage layout and server plan as far as giving everyone at least 1 GB of space to post videos, pics, etc and still having room for a Q/A board and some other sites I'll be hosting. I appreciate the offer of cash but at this point I think I have it covered. The server is coming free and the software was borrowed from my brother. I already have a router and dyn dns domain for external hosting. Should be a GREAT page when its done...I'll let everyone know of course once it is...
NOICE, and something great to look forward to
Old 11-01-2005 | 10:29 PM
SnowMan

How ironic that after being on this site for all of 5 minutes and doing a search for "APS single"...I find a thread that MIAPLAYA and chimmike are both in. It certainly is a small world.

FWIW: I'm starting to research my next project.
Old 11-01-2005 | 10:54 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by SnowMan
How ironic that after being on this site for all of 5 minutes and doing a search for "APS single"...I find a thread that MIAPLAYA and chimmike are both in. It certainly is a small world.

FWIW: I'm starting to research my next project.
LOL....
Old 11-01-2005 | 10:56 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by D350Z10
Sounds Great!!!! You are the MAN MIAPLAYA!!!! Keep up the great work!!!! So i take it sema is in Virginia next year? What are the possible plans... entering the cars in the show or..... just driving down there?
No SEMA is in Vegas again next year. We are talking about driving from the east coast to the west and then up to Vegas...I'm considering shipping my car to Va to start the cruise down south through N.C., Ga, Florida, Louisianna, Texas, N.M., and Arizona taking a day long break in SoCal and then driving up to Vegas...
Old 11-08-2005 | 12:03 AM
BlackSpec02

Originally Posted by chimmike
if they have problems with the turbos smoking they might not have restrictors on the oil lines (since APS uses ball bearing turbos if I'm not mistaken)

miaplaya, you're a ***** (remember me?)
Hey hey, more former b15ers.... welcome to my350!
Old 11-08-2005 | 03:32 PM
Peking

No SEMA is in Vegas again next year. We are talking about driving from the east coast to the west and then up to Vegas...I'm considering shipping my car to Va to start the cruise down south through N.C., Ga, Florida, Louisianna, Texas, N.M., and Arizona taking a day long break in SoCal and then driving up to Vegas...
Yeah I did a mapquest from where I live, basically a straight shot to the West side into NV

29 hours roughly, I bet we could do a hell of alot better. I do MD from here in 10-13 hours depending. So that would be like if we said 33 hour trip one way, three 11 hour drives then stoping to rest or keep going lol.
Old 11-08-2005 | 03:58 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by Peking
Yeah I did a mapquest from where I live, basically a straight shot to the West side into NV

29 hours roughly, I bet we could do a hell of alot better. I do MD from here in 10-13 hours depending. So that would be like if we said 33 hour trip one way, three 11 hour drives then stoping to rest or keep going lol.
Exactly... I actually talked to the wife last night and she gave me the spousal seal of approval on shipping the car. I'm going to get a hold of sharif and see who shipped his car and how much. I think I'll have it shipped to Va to start the cruise with the Maryland, Va, and DC guys. From their a little south west trip, stop in ga to get Peking, stop in Pensecola to get 12NV. Hopefully taurran can meet up with us there along with jetpilot. Then its straight across to get midnyte in La, into texas to get solidsnake, and xxlbeer, into NM to get the guys from Speed Dreams, into AZ to get the guys from intesnse, then up to SD to meet up with the OC/LA guys. From there a shot into Vegas MANY MANY Turbonetics cars deep. I talked to Turbonetics too and let them know what we had in mind. Maybe we could meet up with them on the way up. Still working my contacts to see if we can get some walkway space at SEMA next year. Its a little early to start talking $ but I'm trying to get some commitments. Either way I should be able to find enough passes for everyone who doesn't have one. So at the least we can all get into the show. Oh and I have some other ideas as far as a very nice shirt to wear...more details later.
Old 11-08-2005 | 04:21 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

LOL, I better start working on the spousal seal of approval now

So I gotta drive from MA to VA for the first leg? Do I get to carry a TNetics torch (or maybe just a flag) ?
Old 11-08-2005 | 04:23 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by 35ounces
LOL, I better start working on the spousal seal of approval now

So I gotta drive from MA to VA for the first leg? Do I get to carry a TNetics torch (or maybe just a flag) ?
LOL That would be AWESOME!!!! as for the trip I don't know whats easier..I don't know the Atlantic area too well unless you are talking about South Florida so I don't know what the easiest way to do this is. I figured Va is damn near in the middle of it. We should have guys coming from New Jersey, Michigan, etc too so maybe one big torch Dave?
Old 11-08-2005 | 05:38 PM
kalima275Z

I am completely and utterly jealous and it's a good thing you guys won't be traveling by my house b/c I would stand on the side of the road and spit in your general direction! j/k you lucky bastards.
Old 11-08-2005 | 05:41 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by kalima275Z
I am completely and utterly jealous and it's a good thing you guys won't be traveling by my house b/c I would stand on the side of the road and spit in your general direction! j/k you lucky bastards.
LMAO!! Well it started as a discussion with kcobean while I was watching Gumball 3000 Once I get my server done I'll have more details on this at the soon to be put up Turbonetics Owners Club
Old 11-08-2005 | 05:48 PM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT
Premier Member

We made a joke about doing this for the TNetics open house a few months ago also. Seemed a little far to go at the time
Old 11-08-2005 | 05:49 PM
kalima275Z

May a thousand viruses infect your bloody server!!!! Curses you people who are sure to have fun on this damn Z-ball 3000 trip.

Hey, while I have you though, you never compared the Vortech to the T-netics like you did the APS single on that one thread. Your comparison to the APS was awesome. If you get around to it, please post your Vortech comparison, I thought your APS post was awesome. Thanx...you lucky bastard.

BTW, be sure to make a list of all participants of the trip. This way, I can get an elderly Jamaican woman to create Voodoo dolls for each of you. Cheers...you lucky bastard.

edit: Hey, it's this thread that I was talking about...this thing has gone way off-topic, ha!
Old 11-08-2005 | 05:49 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by 35ounces
We made a joke about doing this for the TNetics open house a few months ago also. Seemed a little far to go at the time
I know lol...but for SEMA...it just might be worth it
Old 11-08-2005 | 05:51 PM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by kalima275Z
May a thousand viruses infect your bloody server!!!! Curses you people who are sure to have fun on this damn Z-ball 3000 trip.

Hey, while I have you though, you never compared the Vortech to the T-netics like you did the APS single on that one thread. Your comparison to the APS was awesome. If you get around to it, please post your Vortech comparison, I thought your APS post was awesome. Thanx...you lucky bastard.

BTW, be sure to make a list of all participants of the trip. This way, I can get an elderly Jamaican woman to create Voodoo dolls for each of you. Cheers...you lucky bastard.
I'll do that tonight... (note to self...do not post name list in this thread)
Old 11-08-2005 | 06:05 PM
kalima275Z

Ha, check this out...My wife just said to hurry up and get my shiz installed so I can go. I'm not so sure she's serious. When is the show again?

Quick Reply: Vortech vs APS ST vs Turbonetics