Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Seeking Help From ATI ProCharger Owners!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 04:49 PM
AmateuRN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Seeking Help From ATI ProCharger Owners!

I know there are quite a few of you out there... despite what people read about ATI.

For the last 2 months I have been getting my crap together to put my ProCharger on my 04.5 G35 Coupe. I'm just about at the end of my shopping spree so in a "last ditch effort" sorta way I am asking for all the ATI owners to put down their setups that have worked! Also, if your engine has had problems with the kit, how did you fix it and why didn't you start out doing that in the 1st place? I have a spiral notebook that I began taking down notes in a few weeks before I ordered the kit and would just like to compare what I have now to what some of you have that I might have missed earlier.

Anything and everything that helps. I've never gone FI before and quite honestly when I typed "ATI" or "ProCharger" into the search feild and 50+ pages came up, half of those asking about problems I got alittle scared, but it was too late - the money was sent. So A/F Ratios, timing, type of plugs/wires, every small detail counts!

I've met people, in person, on both sides of the spectrum... one has had his ATI on for almost a year, on 8PSI and runs the snot out of his G daily and the biggest problem hes had is a spark plug blown up. On the extreme other end, I met a guy with a 350Z that blew his engine with the ATI the 1st night he had it out on the street.

I know alot of it has to do with tuning.... so thats why I'm comming to you guys! How'd you tune it!? What works!? [and what doesn't!]

Thanks!
Old 11-15-2005, 06:58 PM
eltness350
The Untouchable

first off i have a procharger, but the big thing with them.....there is a efmu (computer for the procharger itself) if you tune it correctly your car will run fine. wrong...well blow your motor the first night by running tooo lean. i would suggest you get afc-2, piggyback fuel management system with your kit. it will tell you if your motor is knocking and help you tune your vehicle. next get your car TUNED ASAP, then you will have no worries...i have had mine tuned and run snow performance's methanol injection to prevent enigine knock. (snowperformance.net)
Old 11-15-2005, 07:04 PM
Mr_pharmD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i would get the TS reflash and the s-afc hack and tune it on the dyno.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:19 PM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had a procharger for 1.5 years now.. Stock motor

Here is all the crap that I have amassed on the car to handle the extra power and make it run safer.
http://www.mike-lee.org/geekpics/bms/images.htm

...and here my most recent dyno (I didn't make this video.. i found it on the internet LOL)
http://videos.streetfire.net/player....3-D647DD29B56E

the most important part is to find a REALLY good tuner.. That person can make a huge difference in your car

As for major problems I've only had one.. My PCV return line froze in the winter time and caused a sh1load of oil to ooze out of the crankcase (both sides) before I caught the problem.. but I think one of my crankcase gaskets has been permanently damaged as a result (I notice some slight seepage near the PCV line on the pass side..).. This was due to poor placement of the PCV line from the kit in cold weather climates.. Other than that the car has experienced the typical minor issues like screeching belts on occasion, pulleys coming a little loose on occasion , etc... but I haven't blown my motor yet (knock on wood).

good luck..
--mike
Old 11-15-2005, 07:56 PM
AmateuRN

Whats the difference between the AFC's and the GReddy E-Manage Ultimate?
Old 11-15-2005, 08:47 PM
jy535

I have a ati for about 5000miles and the thing runs great besides stupid belt problem..... i was just lookin at leemiks page and he is only making 356 with a 9lb pulley, i have 363wh with 7lbs. i guess ity has to do with tuner. i def think this kit is good and would encourage n e one to buy it, im pleased with everything so far. but you def need to get a good tune, that is everything!!!!! i have AAM computer, AAM intake plenum spacer, pro-1 straight pipes, borla tru dual, and 7lb. pulley, i get 363wh. i was told not to go with an afc..... i think when i turn up my boost to 9lb. pulley and bigger injectors i will be dictin the stock fmu and goin with e-manage ultimate.
Old 11-16-2005, 05:58 AM
leemik
!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jy535
I have a ati for about 5000miles and the thing runs great besides stupid belt problem..... i was just lookin at leemiks page and he is only making 356 with a 9lb pulley, i have 363wh with 7lbs.
sounds about right... that number was a while ago on the 7lb pully.. car has changed a lot since then... my latest was 394 in the video..

--mike
Old 11-16-2005, 06:28 AM
meatbag

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

The AFC is more of a patch to correct the fuel curve (it just tricks the ECU) while the EU is alot more powerful and accurate and offers better tunability and relibility when done right.
Old 11-16-2005, 10:49 AM
palmerwmd

Details are in my sig.
Went back to 7 psi pulley as the elevated EGT's kinda scared me.
Car was starting to runa bit lean too at this boost w/ only the ATI fuel upgrades .
With 7 psi pully no problems with AF , EGT's or anything.
360 whp with mods as in sig except 7 psi insteead of 9.

With 9 psi pully i ran a bit risky (12.3 AF+ high EGT's) but got 411 whp with my other bolt ons.

Approx 23,000 miles on my ATI.
5000 on 9 psi rest on 7 psi pully.
Near redline, boost is a bit higher than name of pully indicates, with 9 psi pully my boost exceeded 10 psi near redline.

Fred...
Old 11-16-2005, 11:32 AM
nexstage350

to put it to chris u have to pay to play my friend.
the major thing i would suggest to you is tuning!
holla at me if u have questions about ur set up
nexstage350
Old 11-16-2005, 12:23 PM
TruBluZ

Man, you still haven't gotten that thing installed? I keep forgetting to talk to Wayne for you. LOL!
Old 11-16-2005, 05:46 PM
AmateuRN

Lol I know guys... Just trying to get all my bases covered here... and yes! Let Wayne know to PM me or something!
Old 11-16-2005, 06:02 PM
IceDragon

Don't want to hi jack the thread but since everyone is here how do you guys like the sound?
Old 11-17-2005, 09:33 AM
AmateuRN

Sooo can anyone give me any specifics as to the tune? Or is it just, "find a good tuner"?
Old 11-17-2005, 10:07 AM
Badmonkey

I had Technosquare flash my ecu, then I use the Emanage Ultimate to fine tune and adjust for any additional mods. I would suggest to ditch the DFMU and get the flash with 440 injectors and a Walbro fuel pump. The stock fuel system is very limited in the amount of fuel that it can distribute.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:45 AM
eckocomplexg

Originally Posted by HomieG35
I know there are quite a few of you out there... despite what people read about ATI.

For the last 2 months I have been getting my crap together to put my ProCharger on my 04.5 G35 Coupe. I'm just about at the end of my shopping spree so in a "last ditch effort" sorta way I am asking for all the ATI owners to put down their setups that have worked! Also, if your engine has had problems with the kit, how did you fix it and why didn't you start out doing that in the 1st place? I have a spiral notebook that I began taking down notes in a few weeks before I ordered the kit and would just like to compare what I have now to what some of you have that I might have missed earlier.

Anything and everything that helps. I've never gone FI before and quite honestly when I typed "ATI" or "ProCharger" into the search feild and 50+ pages came up, half of those asking about problems I got alittle scared, but it was too late - the money was sent. So A/F Ratios, timing, type of plugs/wires, every small detail counts!

I've met people, in person, on both sides of the spectrum... one has had his ATI on for almost a year, on 8PSI and runs the snot out of his G daily and the biggest problem hes had is a spark plug blown up. On the extreme other end, I met a guy with a 350Z that blew his engine with the ATI the 1st night he had it out on the street.

I know alot of it has to do with tuning.... so thats why I'm comming to you guys! How'd you tune it!? What works!? [and what doesn't!]

Thanks!
Im about to start my shopping spree for my ati procharger.... so far i've only bought the emanage and the procharger itself... next is probably the aam return fuel and injectors... gonna give sharif a call.... but i'll post my progress as i go
Old 11-17-2005, 03:56 PM
AmateuRN

Thanks, I also have injectors and fuel pump... although I think the inj. are 380.

Is the ideal A/F still 11.5? Wheres it get too lean and where is too rich?
How about the timing? How much is retarded at redline?
And should I get a spacer or plenum to help out the front two cylinders? Or will they be OK for now with the E-manage and good tune?
Old 11-17-2005, 05:34 PM
eckocomplexg

i got the walbro 255 and getting the 440cc injectors.. im gonna get the ssv... probably get the same effect from the plenum spacer but i like that "bling effect" (like it's been posted on here). gotta get a torque converter and vb upgrade... gonna need a trans cooler and still gotta figure out where to mount it since the i/c takes up practically the whole front end.. but i got plenty of time to figure all this out
Old 03-13-2006, 07:26 PM
trefling

I wanted to chime in here because I'm the only guy I know of who has a ATI procharger with a built engine. I got the biggest (highest boost) pulleys ATI makes. I got SGP 8.5.1 pistons and pauter rods. If I could have done it over again I would have raised the compression ration a little big. I"m putting down a little over 400 rwhp with out NOS. But with the spray (50 shot) the boost jumped up to around 15psi and put down well over 500 at the wheels. NOS really makes blowers come alive. The torque is what is so nice driving on the street. The car literally feels like a V8 instead of a V6. Turbo's are awesome and make big power, but I've blown away many turbo cars because I have no lag...instant power and boost. And it's easier to put the power down to the ground because it's so linear
Old 03-13-2006, 08:10 PM
jy535

trefling, you only make a little over 400whp with a **** load of boost and a built motor...... not tryin to put u down, but aren't you upset with your power results...... People are getting over 400whp with 9lb. pulley, and unbuilt motors......this is what im worried about, i want to build my motor but its not worth it if im only going to get an extra 50 whp....

Quick Reply: Seeking Help From ATI ProCharger Owners!