Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Turbonetics Stage 1.5...for those that wanted a piggyback and bigger injectors..

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 01:08 PM
MIAPLAYA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MI 35th
thats good though id rather wait for the perfect design than rush a flawed one...
Agreed...
Old 01-10-2006, 01:41 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

keep us posted MIA, on the progeress of the design update and the 1.5 kit dude...
Old 01-10-2006, 01:47 PM
MIAPLAYA

keep us posted MIA, on the progeress of the design update and the 1.5 kit dude...
Will do
Old 01-11-2006, 10:06 AM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Waiting for updates is worse then waiting for the playstation 3. NOOOO!!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:19 AM
35ounces
03 CS Track 6MT

Originally Posted by solidsnake
Waiting for updates is worse then waiting for the playstation 3. NOOOO!!!!
Yeah.
They are working on the boost issue first (I think). They are trying different size WG's, and different positions. I am told that they have to fabricate various dump pipes for each of the renditions and that takes time. I can certainly understand that. Just hope we see something soon.
Old 01-11-2006, 10:21 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by 35ounces
Yeah.
They are working on the boost issue first (I think). They are trying different size WG's, and different positions. I am told that they have to fabricate various dump pipes for each of the renditions and that takes time. I can certainly understand that. Just hope we see something soon.
Me too
Old 01-22-2006, 04:16 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Its been a couple of weeks, UPDATE MIA, here anything... hit it up, let us know.
Old 01-22-2006, 04:29 PM
MIAPLAYA

Its been a couple of weeks, UPDATE MIA, here anything... hit it up, let us know.
Right now theres not a WHOLE lot of updates for Stage 1.5...most of last week was used to create the fix for the overboost issue a few people are having... The latest though is that Turbonetics is still finalizing design on the fuel return system. The EMS is pretty much set I think and the injectors look like they are going to be 510cc drop ins...
Old 01-22-2006, 04:53 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

to SUM IT UP... I am so ready for this.

Turbo - 60-2
Fuel Return - in final stages
Injectors - 510cc drop ins
EMS - Hush Hush for now
NEW* WG design & setup
Stage 1
Most likely Stage 1.5 will be rev-up compliant

If the EMS is even decent Id just forego the UTEC.
Im actually feel like its a week before x-mas and my new gift is coming out.

Last edited by MI 35th; 01-22-2006 at 04:59 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 05:01 PM
MIAPLAYA

to SUM IT UP... I am so ready for this.

Turbo - 60-2
Fuel Return - in final stages
Injectors - 510cc drop ins
EMS - Hush Hush for now
NEW* WG design & setup
Stage 1
Most likely Stage 1.5 will be rev-up compliant

If the EMS is even decent Id just forego the UTEC.
Im actually feel like its a week before x-mas and my new gift is coming out.
Stage 1.5 will be revup compliant except for one pipe that needs to change...That should be done pretty soon though...Turbonetics is VERY interested to see what the Revup motor does with boost..
Old 01-22-2006, 06:07 PM
nissansource

i hear its new unichip with bluetooth same as spec v and same system for update 1.5 cmon mia stop holding out. there is a reason the unichip reps where at the TN meetup and speaking everything from tunable vq motors with me along with TITAN

NEW UNICHIP

Now the Unichip EMS.. unlike the S-AFC or some other piggybacks the Unichip does not just alter the MAF signal to tune the car. The Unichip actually intercepts the signal from the ECu to the injectors and coils and alters it according to the correction you enter. No more hoping the ECU does what you want by altering MAF signal. Furthermore this is a complete plug and play EMS. It comes with a plug in harness that goes to the ECU and a plug in harness that goes to the motor side of the harness. No cutting, splicing, or anything like that here. It is completely user tuneable and has multi-map capability to store a high boost and low boost map. it has the option of closed loop boost control and boost mapping. Another exiting thing about it is bluetooth access. Yes you can actually Bluetooth to the system and watch real time correction to the ECU, change the correction, or upload an entirely new map using a Bluetooth PDA or laptop

Last edited by nissansource; 01-22-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:19 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

hmm sounds interesting, i was hoping for hydra nemesis but it was a long shot. lol.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:20 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Hey if TN wants to sponsor me as a rev-up car im more than happy to donate it to the cause... LOL i can dream at least.
Old 01-22-2006, 09:59 PM
350gt808

Hey if TN wants to sponsor me as a rev-up car im more than happy to donate it to the cause... LOL i can dream at least.

ditto!
Old 01-23-2006, 08:49 AM
MIAPLAYA

Tell you what...since you know so much give me a list of the different EMS they tested for use... oh you can't...If the final decision had been made I would tell you what it was going to be...but guess what...it hasn't...when I have the final word from Turbonetics on what they are going to use I'll post it. Until then it has still not been decided...FYI Turbonetics had reps from AEM there for a solid week...Does that mean AEM has finished their EMS and Turbonetics is going to use it...nope...like I said when I have final word I'll post it

Originally Posted by nissansource
i hear its new unichip with bluetooth same as spec v and same system for update 1.5 cmon mia stop holding out. there is a reason the unichip reps where at the TN meetup and speaking everything from tunable vq motors with me along with TITAN

NEW UNICHIP

Now the Unichip EMS.. unlike the S-AFC or some other piggybacks the Unichip does not just alter the MAF signal to tune the car. The Unichip actually intercepts the signal from the ECu to the injectors and coils and alters it according to the correction you enter. No more hoping the ECU does what you want by altering MAF signal. Furthermore this is a complete plug and play EMS. It comes with a plug in harness that goes to the ECU and a plug in harness that goes to the motor side of the harness. No cutting, splicing, or anything like that here. It is completely user tuneable and has multi-map capability to store a high boost and low boost map. it has the option of closed loop boost control and boost mapping. Another exiting thing about it is bluetooth access. Yes you can actually Bluetooth to the system and watch real time correction to the ECU, change the correction, or upload an entirely new map using a Bluetooth PDA or laptop

Last edited by MIAPLAYA; 01-23-2006 at 08:51 AM.
Old 01-23-2006, 08:53 AM
nissansource

hey hey dont get pissy it would just make sense since they are using this unit with the Spec V why go with a different system i would think they would standardize all ems on one unit instead of different systems. it just makes it logical to stay with one that can do it all

PS my info is not for sure either
Old 01-23-2006, 08:57 AM
MIAPLAYA

Originally Posted by nissansource
hey hey dont get pissy it would just make sense since they are using this unit with the Spec V why go with a different system i would think they would standardize all ems on one unit instead of different systems. it just makes it logical to stay with one that can do it all

PS my info is not for sure either
You're right they Spec will be using the Unichip however the Titan is not even decided on yet and its still pretty far down the list. For the Z they wanted to explore a few other options. The Unichip is used on the Tc kit as well however their other big systems they sell do not use the Unichip. They are still playing with different EMS to see which one they like best for the Z. It may be the new Unichip or it may be something else.. Like I said Jhame hasn't even decided what he wants to use yet. Not getting pissy just telling it like it is...
Old 01-23-2006, 12:12 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

Its all good im just excited to hear of progress... Welp goin to test drive the caymen s
Old 01-25-2006, 07:15 PM
z33boi

hey MIA, is there still no pricing or release date? im very anxious
Old 01-25-2006, 08:05 PM
MI 35th
OGPremierMafia

ok Off topic drove caymen S today it blows the stock Z outta the water, with the PASM and Sport Chrono PKG its faster and more agile than my modded Z especially with the 19s and sticky stock rubber. 200 tread wear from the factory lol. its a bad ride with a high price tag as tested 72K ouch, also rolled a 05 911 cabrio pretty quick, pretty nice, not as nimble but a solid beast, and fly as hell all the girlies were starin.

Quick Reply: Turbonetics Stage 1.5...for those that wanted a piggyback and bigger injectors..