Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Jim Wolf TT - DYNO RESULTS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 09:26 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plumpzz
Mm. This setup is like perfect for what I want... easy 400 hp, no turbo lag and JWT responsibility and customer service
Send me a simple PM or register at our VRT site and we can discuss your options.

Thanks

M
Old 01-13-2006, 04:58 AM
arizzee

Congrats Mike on the TT install and dyno numbers. I've been waiting for this kits public debut.

So what do you think the whp numbers would be? Do you plan to get whp/wtq numbers?

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:29 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by Bullitproof
Great numbers homie, but that's not an out the box setup. wa2good said these are the numbers for the jwt kit when its released and thats not true. your numbers are from the jwt plus cams and exhaust. i just wanna dyno numbers from an vq motor with just the kit. hell, i could pull 400 plus horses if i installed cams on my f/i motor.

okay homie....show me someone who's gonna buy a turbo kit without a supporting mod like exhaust or something.

Why are you being so critical? You hating on something? 6.7psi even with cams for those numbers is pretty damn respectable.

If you want numbers from an out of the box setup, you buy a kit and install it on a bone stock car with bone stock exhaust.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:49 AM
VandyZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dont know if this has been said or not and I dont want people to take it the wrong way, especially since I think the JWT is a quality setup . . . .BUT everyone should note that his dyno calculates FLYWHEEL HP and is always higher than a typical dynopack dyno. No doubt this is a faster and more inspiring setup than the Stillen S/C, I am sure you are excited. I just dont want people to start bashing Jim or any of the other companies when their cars wont make 400HP on 6.7 PSI and all the number comparisons start. I just have that fear of dyno comparisons and why certain kits suck and certain kits are better.

I know Jim has worked long and hard on this kit and I am excited he is getting it on some cars now. I really wish there was a better standard to follow with these things, but like everything else it is very subjective.

Last edited by VandyZ; 01-13-2006 at 05:54 AM.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:50 AM
vision619

Originally Posted by VandyZ
I dont know if this has been said or not and I dont want people to take it the wrong way, especially since I think the JWT is a quality setup . . . .BUT everyone should note that his dyno calculates FLYWHEEL HP and is always higher than a typical dynopack dyno. No doubt this is a faster and more inspiring setup than the Stillen S/C, I am sure you are excited. I just dont want people to start bashing Jim or any of the other companies when their cars wont make 400HP on 6.7 PSI and all the number comparisons start. I just have that fear of dyno comparisons and why certain kits suck and certain kits are better.

I know Jim has worked long and hard on this kit and I am excited he is getting it on some cars now. I really wish there was a better standard to follow with these things, but like everything else it is very subjective.
Flywheel? I'm no expert but I am positive that is RWHP. Unless you hook some kind of machine directly to the crank, how can you get a Flywheel HP number? The Dyno was hooked to my Rear Wheels. I assure you this is NOT crank HP. It simply says "Flywheel" on the DynoPack software but it is actually RWHP. There's no "Maybe" at all. This is 100% RWHP. Apparantley this is an issue that Jim is taking up with the software people from DynoPack.

This will be confirmed when we take the car to the DynoShop and put it on the "DynoJet" where BTW we usually get higher numbers than on Jim's Dyno. I willpost that ASAP just to clear any doubt or questions.

Last edited by vision619; 01-13-2006 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Did spell check.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:57 AM
Jason333
hi

Originally Posted by VandyZ

From the Dyno's they are using in their video, it is most certainly WHP. I would only assume they Dyno'd Visions on the same Dynos.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:20 AM
MOTOP

vision619,
Awesome numbers, love the torque curve.

VandyZ,

This has been discussed a million times. Dynapak measures at the axles, and than has an option to input correction factor to calculate final crank numers. Truth is, nobody knows exactly what that correction factor should be so they leave it as it is. So the numbers you see are neither WHP nor CHP, those are WHHP (wheel hub horse power). Deduct 2-4% depending on the wheel weight and size and you will have real WHP.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:30 AM
zland
Sponsor
Sport Z Magazine

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Jim Wolf's dyno's on a dyno that measures whp. The dyno he uses is the same type we used when dynoing his as well as the PE, TN, APS, SFR, GReddy kits in our summer 05 article in Sport Z magazine.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:37 AM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by MOTOP
vision619,
Awesome numbers, love the torque curve.

VandyZ,

This has been discussed a million times. Dynapak measures at the axles, and than has an option to input correction factor to calculate final crank numers. Truth is, nobody knows exactly what that correction factor should be so they leave it as it is. So the numbers you see are neither WHP nor CHP, those are WHHP (wheel hub horse power). Deduct 2-4% depending on the wheel weight and size and you will have real WHP.
Thank you MOTOP and ZLAND for clarifying that. VandyZ, it is kinda confusing considering on the Dyno graphics it states Flywheel...

Michael
Old 01-13-2006, 11:48 AM
350Z"Ayame"

Awesome car, awesome kit, and I will be starting my similar set-up with VRT and Mr. A real soon. I can't wait to get started with it.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:03 PM
mraturbo
Banned

Originally Posted by 350Z"Ayame"
Awesome car, awesome kit, and I will be starting my similar set-up with VRT and Mr. A real soon. I can't wait to get started with it.
Sounds great. Please PM me and let's get started.

M
Old 01-13-2006, 12:05 PM
350Z"Ayame"

Default Already did, sir.

Originally Posted by mraturbo
Sounds great. Please PM me and let's get started.

M
It's Jim, sir. I was just checkin out that guys Z you were tellin me about at the shop. I will see you next Saturday.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:08 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by 350Z"Ayame"
It's Jim, sir. I was just checkin out that guys Z you were tellin me about at the shop. I will see you next Saturday.
Sounds good Jim. I am looking forward to meeting you and seeing your car and mechanical skills.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:14 PM
350Z"Ayame"

Likewise, but you gotta remember, I am still learning this engine. Hopefully, you guys will teach me everything you know, and I assure you, I will be a huge help at the shop. I'm not a pro, but I learn quickly, that's what Marines do. I will bring the Z in, too.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:40 PM
ANXIOUZ

Nice, nice car.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:04 PM
Zquicksilver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is an awesome powerband It's like stock, but on steroids... LOL.

Definitely passes the wife test, as Jim Wolf put it!

Zquicksilver
Old 01-13-2006, 02:08 PM
Biochem7
Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

price for the kit?
Old 01-13-2006, 02:25 PM
nissansource

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats great. Man jims getting old anyway take it easy VRT way to go once again. Ill soon see how my ST handles UTEC and 650CC injectors. hopefully i can yank 450hp daily on 91. bastid still detonates on stock TN install
Old 01-13-2006, 02:30 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by Biochem7
price for the kit?
I think (Jeff) Zland from SportZ mag. has the pending MSRP on this kit, so maybe he will coment on this................

We do not have a price on just the kit, as we can not sell this kit to the public "uninstalled" and "un-tuned". .....Yet............

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 01-13-2006 at 02:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2006, 02:33 PM
WA2GOOD
Banned

Originally Posted by nissansource
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats great. Man jims getting old anyway take it easy VRT way to go once again. Ill soon see how my ST handles UTEC and 650CC injectors. hopefully i can yank 450hp daily on 91. bastid still detonates on stock TN install
Thanks, we will have two more VRT built motor JWT TT installed cars completed here in the next couple/few weeks. Busy......busy...busy............

Last edited by WA2GOOD; 01-13-2006 at 02:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Jim Wolf TT - DYNO RESULTS!!!