Notices
Forced Induction Turbochargers and Superchargers..Got Boost?

Any Problems with Greddy E-Manage?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 05:12 PM
nightfire

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any Problems with Greddy E-Manage?

I was discussing the Greddy TT with my friend tonight and he was telling me about when he had e-manage on his Eclipse. He said they make horrible stand alones because they are the most finicky to temperature, humidity, etc.. He went to get it professionally tuned plenty of times and it still was never even close to reliable. I was just wondering for all the Greddy TT Z owners out there how is the e-manage working for you guys (and maybe girls)? Does your car always start up right away even when it's really cold or hot outside? Does it run smoothly and without running too rich or lean when the engine is just started up and isn't warm yet? I heard there are more expensive, better stand alones on the market because they do some sort of total diagnostic test at start up which the e-manage doesn't do. I heard Greddy makes a good TT kit and an awesome intercooler but a sucky stand alone... any comments? Also would it be more reliable to go with a supercharger or do you think the TT kit with the e-manage could be done well enough to make a reliable driver without a rediculous amount of tuning? (i'm only talking about 350-450WHP max). Thanks.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:10 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, the eManage Ultimate isnt a standalone, so your car will start, idle and cruise around normally. We've tuned dozens of them, without any issues on the 350Z. We are even still running one on my car up to 622whp.

When you first start your engine, regardless of temp, the stock ECU is controlling everything, and the only thing the EU is doing is potentially scaling the injectors. I would not worry about these type of issues with the EU, or even the basic Emanage blue.

Hope that helps.
Old 01-12-2006, 06:49 PM
fito

We have tuned 4 car with the e-manage ultimate, all in the 500+hp range. And we love it!
Old 01-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Ant830

I was thinking of this today as well. Im gettin my car tuned on saturday but I started thinking...the ecu will still be able to completely controll everything and change whatever it wants at any given time...Also my boost has gone up since the exhaust install and now im hittin about .42 bar which is almost 6.1 psi...Shariff, is this normal with APS exhaust, hf cats, and plenum?? Or is there something that should be checked if im hittin 6 psi? Also when i reset my ecu and did a run, it hit .48 bar! which is almost 7 psi! Now it seems to be pretty steady at .42 but who knows...Sorry to hijack your thread but my question is pretty similar.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:08 AM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by Ant830
I was thinking of this today as well. Im gettin my car tuned on saturday but I started thinking...the ecu will still be able to completely controll everything and change whatever it wants at any given time...Also my boost has gone up since the exhaust install and now im hittin about .42 bar which is almost 6.1 psi...Shariff, is this normal with APS exhaust, hf cats, and plenum?? Or is there something that should be checked if im hittin 6 psi? Also when i reset my ecu and did a run, it hit .48 bar! which is almost 7 psi! Now it seems to be pretty steady at .42 but who knows...Sorry to hijack your thread but my question is pretty similar.
Which turbo kit do you have? Greddy? If so, about 5-6psi is normal. YOu might get a brief spike to 7psi at times, but your steady state boost should be about 6psi.

I assume you are not using a boost controller...right?
Old 01-13-2006, 11:56 AM
greatnorthspec

Should I expect similar results with a maxima ecu? Im looking at using the EU to tune my vq sentra.

And Sharif, we decided to go with new internals. So what power limitations will I hit tuning with an EU. We're not looking for more then 520ish fwhp.

sorry for the thread jack
Old 01-13-2006, 02:29 PM
Sharif@Forged
Sponsor
Forged Performance

Originally Posted by greatnorthspec
Should I expect similar results with a maxima ecu? Im looking at using the EU to tune my vq sentra.

And Sharif, we decided to go with new internals. So what power limitations will I hit tuning with an EU. We're not looking for more then 520ish fwhp.

sorry for the thread jack
520whp will be no problem with the EU. We are at 622whp..no issues yet, using 650cc injectors.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Ant830

Which turbo kit do you have? Greddy? If so, about 5-6psi is normal. YOu might get a brief spike to 7psi at times, but your steady state boost should be about 6psi.

I assume you are not using a boost controller...right?
Yup, your exactly right. It spiked up to 6.9 psi on one run!
Thanks!
Old 01-13-2006, 05:57 PM
Fairlady_z33

I have a completely stock greddy tt kit with the blue e-manage and up to now its all ok. I will be tuning soon but for now i dont get any spike untill i let go on WOT which moves half a pound or little more thats it